Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Unsupportive sister[emoji35]

So my sister had the surgery the same time as me. We started at different weights (her a little less than me) and she rubs it in my face constantly that I'm "fatter." I went boot shopping and nothing fit my calfs and that was just more ammo! Idk what to do anymore...

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

People hold Water and fat in different ways, sounds like your sis is a competitive type, maybe you can one up her in something else? Or tell her to shove it :)

People hold Water and fat in different ways, sounds like your sis is a competitive type, maybe you can one up her in something else? Or tell her to shove it :)

Definitely thought about it!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

My guess is your sister probably can't help herself. She's probably just wired competitively. Have you tried talking to her about it honestly and openly? Having a heart-to-heart and telling her how it makes you feel? If you have, and that didn't work, it probably won't change. You're going to have to find a way to cope with it. But maybe if you just realized that's her issues and not yours, you could shake it off easier.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 5

She sounds a little insecure if she has to point that out, just smile and hold out for the prize. You seem to be doing amazing, if shes not happy for you achieving what you have then block her out and just focus on what you are doing.

Her journey is hers and yours is yours and we all do it at different speeds with different results.

Kate x

Sometimes the ones we love hurt us the most!!! Has she always been this way? If she has there isn't much that is going to change her. Like was said above TALK to her!! Maybe she doesn't do it on purpose. Or then again she might just be jealous of you and feels like she has never measured up. Who knows. But.....you just keep your eyes on the prize and KEEP ON KEEPING ON!!!

The next time she does this, point it out to her, tell her you don't appreciate it, and that she can contact you when she's ready to be nice. Then leave. Refuse to let her treat you poorly and then don't back down. Good luck to you; sisters can be our best friends and our worst enemies -- at the same time, somehow.

Often family is more unkind to their family then to acquaintances. They feel they can say and do anything and be forgiven because they are related. Define how you want to be treated. The fact that you two are related doesn't give her special privileges.

Banded 10/12/16

@@sarahb309, it's called "sibling rivalry." Has it always been a part of your relationship? You're probably too close to it this time to recognize your sister's behavior for the simple thing it is. Lots of people never outgrow it. Be a proper six-year old and taunt her in her style: "Nyah, nyah, bright, green sibling rivalry is running out of your great, big, casaba-melon nose, la-la-la-la-la-la!" Or something of your choosing. You can follow up in a sane, grown-up way to let her know that her comments are tedious and how nice it would have been if the two of you had been sharing an amazing time in your lives. Things will stay as they are or you'll be pleasantly surprised in time, but it's time to give up on expectations of her.

Some people can only feel good about themselves by making others feel "less than". It's sad. And if you're on the receiving end it's hurtful.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

TRY NOT TO LET THE NEGATIVE AND UNSUPPORTIVE COMMENTS AFFECT YOU.

ASK HER TO STOP AND TELL HER WHY, AND IF SHE CONTINUES YOU NEED TO STAY AWAY FROM HER AND LOVE HER AT A DISTANCE UNTIL YOU BELIEVE SHE HAS CHANGED.

MOST IMPORTANTLY PRAY PRAY AND PRAY FOR HER AND STRENGTH FOR YOURSELF.

YOU CAN DO IT.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using the BariatricPal App

Like most things we try to accomplish in life, it's a personal journey and life style NOT A COMPETITION. Tell her to join a sports team if she wants to compete that badly. Lose at your own rate, sometimes slower is better. Just stick with it. I've lost 80 lbs but still have a difficult time getting boots to fit my calves. It may never happen but I can wear the hell out of some cute ankle boots. Go for it. You will get there.

Yep.....sibling rivalry, I know it well. Try not to let it get to you. The reality is, her weight loss will slow down and if you follow the plan, you will likely move on past her.

Or....if you are like me you could tell her to shut the ---- up! LOL