Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

*sigh*

So my insurance approved me for sleeve surgery on 12/07 and I still do not have a surgery date scheduled. Every time I ask my patient navigator she tells me the nurse will be calling to set up a date. Just frustrating having no clue when it will be

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using the BariatricPal App

And this late in the year, you're either going to be pushing to get it in over the holidays or having to meet deductibles and out of pockets again for insurance.

That sucks.

And this late in the year, you're either going to be pushing to get it in over the holidays or having to meet deductibles and out of pockets again for insurance.

That sucks.

Exactly! Just seems like everything is so difficult when it seems like it shouldn't have to be.

So my insurance approved me for sleeve surgery on 12/07 and I still do not have a surgery date scheduled. Every time I ask my patient navigator she tells me the nurse will be calling to set up a date. Just frustrating having no clue when it will be

That's weird, at least the hospital you r having surgery should know to get your preops stuff too. Good luck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using the BariatricPal App

Mine did the same thing! So I called my surgeons office personally asked for his nurse we talked she called me back and we had surgery 2 wks to the day later 11/22/16... good luck sometimes you have to take the control yourself...

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using the BariatricPal App

Call the office. I had to self-advocate for almost every appointment I've had.

The OR hospital where I work always is fully booked for elective surgery thru the end of December because so many people who have already met their deductible fill the schedule.

Ask if there is a wait list.

When stuff like this happens to me, I become a giant pain in someone's rear end. I will call every day, a couple of times a day, or go there in person if someone is dragging their feet or otherwise not doing their job. It should not take this long for someone to call you.