Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone,

Haven't got my surgery date yet-hoping for Jan 2017 (missed a few appointments so got pushed back)......Anyway, saw the NUT again; got quizzed on what food changes have been made so far. I'm on the right track (WooHoo!), so it was suggested that we (it was a class) try to get ready for the liquid phase of the pre-op by incorporating a daily Protein shakein our meals. I choose this one.......what do you guys think (BTW.....whey protein isolate is the 1st ingredient)?post-303251-14809571867262_thumb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using the BariatricPal App

This is actually on my surgery program dietician's list of recommeneded Protein replacements. I have both the powder and premixed in various flavors and I love it.

I also drink Premier Protein ready to drink shakes because they have 30 grams vs 20. They don't taste as great, but they definitely aren't bad.

Best of luck! My date is 12/15, and I started liquids today. It's almost here!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using the BariatricPal App

I think Premier Protein is a much better choice. Less sugar and much more Protein. They don't taste half bad, either!

It's important to get into the habit of finding things with the most protein that will give you the best bang for your buck so to speak. When you have so little room in your new tummy and you need to get 70, 80,100 grams of protein in a day, you're going to understand ;)

I think Premier Protein is a much better choice. Less sugar and much more Protein. They don't taste half bad, either!

It's important to get into the habit of finding things with the most protein that will give you the best bang for your buck so to speak. When you have so little room in your new tummy and you need to get 70, 80,100 grams of protein in a day, you're going to understand ;)

I know there are other protein powders that may have more protein/less sugar, but I figured this one had everything that's required so it'd b a good start.....I will say the quality has improved greatly since I tried it a few years ago....

I know there are other protein powders that may have more protein/less sugar, but I figured this one had everything that's required so it'd b a good start.....I will say the quality has improved greatly since I tried it a few years ago....

The Premier are nice because they are already prepared, just like the Slim Fast ones. You can get them at any Walmart. Also, the Atkins ones are good, too.

The Slim Fast shakes are low quality Protein with too much sugar for the amount of Protein.< /p>

Premier shakes would be better. Syntrax nectar. Something from a Supplement/health food store.

Slim Fast is kind of like weight watchers imo, not really about helping people lose weight but keeping them as customers.

This is on my surgeon's...no no list. My particular surgeon does not allow.

Good to know that Walmart has them. I got the SlimFast while in Shoprite.....was in Walmart earlier and didn't even think to check out their shakes. I'll finish this can because I don't want to waste money, but based on the comments, I don't think I'll repeat the purchase.......want to definitely get more bang for my buck. Will try the Premier RTD shakes and powders next.

Hi everyone,

Haven't got my surgery date yet-hoping for Jan 2017 (missed a few appointments so got pushed back)......Anyway, saw the NUT again; got quizzed on what food changes have been made so far. I'm on the right track (WooHoo!), so it was suggested that we (it was a class) try to get ready for the liquid phase of the pre-op by incorporating a daily Protein shakein our meals. I choose this one.......what do you guys think (BTW.....whey Protein isolate is the 1st ingredient)?attachicon.gif PhotoGrid_1480956605903.png

I have been making a small stash of things I will need for my pre-op and post-op diet and the slim fast shake is one of the items I have. It's also on my approved list as well. I have that, about 27 bottles of premier Protein shakes in assorted flavors (got them on the website with 15% off discount codes and they ship very fast) I also have a big canister of Divine Protein Powder. I also got some Soups from BariatricPal. Let's see how this goes. My surgery is scheduled for 1/17.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Good to know that Walmart has them. I got the SlimFast while in Shoprite.....was in Walmart earlier and didn't even think to check out their shakes. I'll finish this can because I don't want to waste money, but based on the comments, I don't think I'll repeat the purchase.......want to definitely get more bang for my buck. Will try the Premier RTD shakes and powders next.

I could be wrong, but I don't think premier has a powder. All I've ever seen are RTD.

I could be wrong, but I don't think premier has a powder. All I've ever seen are RTD.

Yep, I'm wrong. Lol. post-39479-14810786361424_thumb.jpg