Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Christina.Rose, first thing to do is work on you interpersonal skills. Then please feel free to block anyone who has an opinion or experience that differs from yours because despite (or more likely because of) your youth you already know everything. Make sure to insult them first, so you can make a lasting impression.

IMO anyone who has major surgery for non health reasons probably went the self pay root or slipped through the psychological evaluation.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Is there an administrator on this site because people have been nasty and judgmental from the very first post (trivial? shallow?) and continue in spite of the peace makers. I am new and am disappointed. Are there other sites for support?

And before I get off this forever Christina.Rose I agree that this not a welcoming site . The first post seemed like an attack on someone. Don't know who it was aimed at but your reply was justified for those who need support and who will probably never ask questions on here again. Little Bill was correct about people complaining about people complaining.

Oh dear...Some many unresolved emotional ssues. So many personal agendas. So many points that need proving...Must be great to have so much free time.

I had surgery to be pretty. I'm sure I am the only person that had surgery for vanity reasons... okay I mean, I was prediabetic and in a lot of pain and couldn't handle steps, yadda yadda. But me looking at myself in the mirror and hating what I saw was what pushed me over the edge. Being jealous of people who were living full and happy lives did it as well.

I worried some about hair loss and loose skin, because I'm a self pay patient. Skin removal is not always covered by insurance-- in most cases, in fact, I don't believe it is. So I would be looking at an additional expense if I went through with it.

So, yes... people will ask about loose skin because they're thinking ahead. Can I afford to have it removed? Do I want another surgery? Is this decision NOW worth what I will go through in a few years? i have a friend who had RNY who lost a ton of weight but can't afford skin removal, despite the fact that her pannus is beginning to be bothersome. It's a valid question that people ask, and asking here is research.

A little something to remember while you're judging people for looking at the whole picture.

Is there an administrator on this site because people have been nasty and judgmental from the very first post (trivial? shallow?) and continue in spite of the peace makers. I am new and am disappointed. Are there other sites for support?

Bariatric pal has been the same for years and years. You aren't going to change it by complaining. Block some people, pick your battles, grow thick skin. Get what you need from this site and log off. There are some people here that are aggressive and you're not going to change that by complaining.

Only saying this because I am a vet and there 10,000 threads about how mean people are here. And those threads haven't changed anything.

I do not think there are no people who have surgery for dire medical reasons regardless of the alternate consequences. All I am saying is that I find it ridiculous and am calling BS on people claiming there isn't a "vanity".....and I really consider it to be more of a praying to look different/better for happiness.......aspect to WLS. People who are desperate for weight loss and to feel "normal" and are concerned about trading in fat for skin problems shouldn't be shamed for asking about it. The OP was rude and nasty and I responded with the feeling that I got from that post. and Im 36....not a fossil but not a college kid. Also, I have PCOS, joint deterioration and PTSD to name a few issues I want relief from. I didn't slip through a Psych eval and IDGAF if anyone blocks me. I have every right to ask any question or react to any post just like everyone else here.

Sent from my SM-J700P using the BariatricPal App

Around the world 18,000 children died of STARVATION in the past hour the past hour and 21,000 children died of PREVENTABLE illness in past 24 hours. Meanwhile he r e on Bariatric Pals an endless parade of precious millennial snowflakes (and their rock puppets spend the whole day "debating" this nonsense.

Maybe it's time to start a Minnesota's only thread where you all can compete to see who is the biggest and best snowflake oall.f

I'm new to this forum as well. I see a lot of posts about other people's post. I made a post about the 180 day weight loss trial and what kind of Protein shakes I should consider.

I felt so much support when I received responses. It made me feel like this is a place that will help me both before and after surgery.

Later I read a thread about how people are sick of questions that have been asked and answered over and over. They werent going to answer any more questions like what kind of Protein shake, etc. anymore.

The point was that newbies should be using the search option. I would have been a lot less embarrassed if the person would have just posted that.

Anyways that is just my opinion as a newbie. Now I skip the my work here is done and tired of people ... threads.

Ironically, I actually clicked on this thread because I was hoping some of my questions about extra skin would be answered.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using the BariatricPal App

Edited by paradise

I'm 44 and definitely not a millennial nor a delicate snowflake.

I am just a person who plans on having WLS in May with questions and hope for support.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using the BariatricPal App

Oh my everyone. Take what you like and leave the rest.

I'm 62 years old. I've been over 200 lbs. for all of my adult life, and over 300 for the last 25 years. I started at 334 on 3/11/16 and am currently 209 and would like to get to 170. But I've said from the getgo that I wanted a breast lift/augmentation when my weight stabilizes. Gravity and now this weight loss has left my breasts like tube socks with a couple of marbles in them. Now I won't say there's no vanity in it. But two weeks ago I rolled over on my left breast while sleeping and pulled the holy heck out of it. It's been hurting ever since and am now sleeping in a bralet.

It seems everyone has interpreted the original post differently. My take on it was that she wasn't ranting about people asking questions about excess skin or researching the issue - she was talking about people who are contemplating losing weight and using excess skin as a reason to stay overweight and not take any action. I have seen a lot of those posts too and they make me sad because that person is not ready to make changes yet.

I love that this community is so brutally honest. I am clearly a food addict and a dose of reality (or a swift kick in the pants) is oftentimes sorely needed. Those messages can be a bitter dose to swallow and hard to hear sometimes, but I really want to succeed this time and I want to be called out when I am rationalizing.

I too took it as someone venting on the fact people do use the fear of excess skin as an excuse to not get healthy. As far as plastic surgery goes I don't feel that's vanity following up on several other posts. I'm a strong believer in doing what makes you feel beautiful, if you wake up in the morning and look in the mirror and are excited to see who you are and are able to remember where you came from- that is liberation. I believe we are all worthy of that feeling of freedom.