Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Clothes

Where does everybody buy their clothing?

Ha, great question! Anywhere!!!!!! Literally!

I used to be stuck ordering on line or shopping at Lane Bryant. Now, I literally can go into any store and buy clothing and shoes. When i started losing weight, it was about getting healthy. It never really dawned on me until i started swimming in my clothes that I would be small enough to fit in a large or medium top, a size 8 jeans!!!!

For goodness sakes, I started at a 26!

So, I shop anywhere and everywhere and it is a blast trying on new clothing! I used to hate shopping!

I have enough clothing size 24-16 and have already taken the most of the size 24 to goodwill. The hospital where I has my surgery has clothing exchanges where you can bring your big cloths and trade for smaller sizes...Try thrift stores, the sale rack at Target, Craigslist...

I wear tank tops and yoga pants with a cut cover too. I get skinny yoga pants they make my butt and legs look great especially in knee high boots

Sent from my LG-H901 using the BariatricPal App

On behalf of men everywhere, we need proof!

Weight drops so fast I wouldn't shop at regular stores...Goodwill is where I go cuz b4 you know it you will be out of that size..I will wait til I've leveled off or need something for a special occasion....

Sent from my SM-N910V using the BariatricPal App

Goodwill is definitely the best option...

My Mom decided to take our entire family on a cruise to the Bahamas for an early Christmas present, and I just had my sleeve to bypass conversion 10/26/16. The swimsuits were the biggest challenge. I had to take measurements and order online, then pray for delivery in time to still be the right size for the trip...great problem to have, but it's been nerve-wracking. I have caught sales for most of the other things I needed. I have three sizes of jeans in my closet, and I am finding that I now hate boot-cut jeans on my changing frame, so I have bought a lot of new jeans. Not great for my budget. But as I get smaller, cute jeans get easier to find in second-hand shops. I can't wait to get to goal and/or find my comfortable maintenance weight. Once I level off, I am getting new stuff without the guilt! Good luck to you, and let yourself have a splurge when you can. It's really nice to wear clothes that make you feel good about your journey. After all, we've earned it!

I've been going down a size per month. Heck, size 16 only lasted three weeks. I buy from the Salvation Army on 50% off days. There are some new clothes I'd love to buy, but I'm holding off until my weight stabilizes.

Sent from my SM-G925V using the BariatricPal App

In the sales, discount online shopping stores, ebay.... I did before and I do now.

I LOVE my wardrobe of clothes.

Kate

I had to donate my Levi 501 jeans (have always been a fan of 501s) and couldn't find any jeans in the thrift store to fit me. I ended up buying 3 pairs of Walmart Faded Glory jeans for $9.97 a pair. My wife said they won't last but I am 100% sure I will be in another size before that happens. I can't wait until I reach my goal weight and can go and buy a few pair of new 501s.

For dress pants, I have gone to the DAV Thrift store, Goodwill, Salvation Army, Value Village and the Michigan Veterans Foundation Thrift store.

We have an amazing Goodwill where I live, love it! I have two large bags of clothes to donate back this week. I did splurge just before Thanksgiving and bought my first pair of size 18 jeans in the "average size" section of Herbergers. I haven't been that size for over 30 years!

So far I have got clothes at Goodwills and some thrift stores..I did find a few things at wal-mart.. I love Maurice's but until I get toward my goal weight I'm not going to spend a lot of clothes that won't fit in a few months..

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I love Amazon! I have a bunch of $4 leggings and $2-3 shirts, I always read the reviews to gage the sizing but I have a ton of super cute clothes waiting in my closet for me as I lose weight. I also don't worry about the quality since I'm not wearing them for years to come, why buy used when you can buy new cheaper. I search Cheap Woman's _________ and there is a ton of choices, always plan ahead because some stuff comes from China and that can take a month to arrive.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App