Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am starting to have mixed emotions. On one hand I am extremely excited about having my surgery and what 2017 has in store. On the other hand, I am beginning to get nervous about the surgery itself. I don't like being put under..never have. I feel confident that I can make it through this 2 week liver reduction diet that I will start on Wednesday. I'm trying to stay focused; however, I do plan to have my ribeye steak dinner tomorrow.

I'm not doing a food funeral, but I have been enjoying some of my favorite foods that I will not have for a while.

My surgery is on the 7th and I can hardly wait. The liquid diet is getting easier. Today is day 4 and what did I do? We are stuck in a hotel for a week with 6 kids, 2 dogs and a cat while some work is being done on our house. Took the kids out to dinner, ordered a meal for myself and started eating!!!!! I completely forgot I couldn't eat!!!! I only had a few bites before I realized it, but I was totally shocked!!! How the heck????

Anyway, I have to adjust my ticker because I'm down 6 lbs since Friday.

My surgery is in a week and I'm supposed to have my pre-op appointment tomorrow. I've been battling with the doctor's office this whole time (A YEAR!!) in regards to getting people to call me back and get stuff done. My surgery has been pushed back months past what it should have been because of this. I've called all week trying to find out what time my pre-op is tomorrow. I was simply told two weeks ago that it was Thursday. I had to get mean with the little receptionist this morning, poor girl, it's not her fault, but i have to know! Thankfully I stay home and homeschool my daughter so I can go whenever but come on!

Anyway, I'm a huge ball of nerves to be honest. Today starts the 4 Protein Shakes a day and I can't stand them any longer (been drinking them for months). I'm eating mostly Oikos Triple Zero yogurt since it has tons of Protein and tastes a million times better. My daughter's 8th birthday is Sunday and we are having a party so I have that to deal with on top of nerves. I'm also dealing with a esophagus that isn't working properly so I'm not sure if I will be switching to bypass or able to stay with a sleeve. I suppose I won't find out until tomorrow. I'm just hoping they don't push my surgery back. I'm so extremely over this. I think most of my nerves are finding out if I am actually having surgery next week or if something else pushes it back. Ugh!

Sorry guys, this has just been such a major roller coaster over the last year and the end is in sight..or is it?

Well Tomorrow is the day! DECEMBER 1st.. duhduhduhhhh. Truly mixed emotions. I really have considered backing out. I just am worried about all sorts of things. I'm afraid of loosing too much wait to fast. Worried about the recovery... and worried about not being able to meet the daily requirements. Worried about who i'll be seeing in the mirror and what kinda buried issues will surface. Just so much going through my head!

I just got the call telling me the time of the surgery is 8:30... they want me to arrive at 7:30... and thats that from there...

So wishing you all the BEST! thoughts, prayers,

I'm tomorrow as well. Surgery time is 8am. I've been worried about work and how I'm going to get things done if there's complications. But I've done everything I can do and now it's out of my hands. I'm going to worry about the future after I've figured out how to work my daily requirements. One foot in front of the other. We got this!! Good luck!!

My date is the 6th and I'm super nervous and excited at the same time.

I'm hating the liquid diet but its a necessary evil. Originally my doctor wanted to do it on Thanksgiving but I refused to do that. My family might of starved if I wasn't there to cook. So I requested to have it after the 5th (my daughter's birthday).

So now it seems like we are all on our final stretch and the timer is ticking for it be our time to do this.

I'm hoping that through this process I can become healthier overall and can enjoy more active activities with my daughter (almost 5).

It's nice to meet everyone :)

Hey Team,

I had my surgery on the 1st, recovery went well. I am in complete shock this morning though, the first time I have weighed in since surgery and I am 16# down! Still a long ways to go, but I am dumbfounded. That is a total of 35 pounds down from beginning my pre-op liquid diet!