Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thank you everyone. Last year I had a seizure and was unconscious I can't imagine what they said about lifting me .......this has really opened my eyes to realize I can't do this on my own I really need this surgery .

Sent from my N9132 using the BariatricPal App

@@amf1025 Try not to worry...I'm sorry this happened to you. My turning point was when I had to take a business trip and the seat belt on the plane didn't fit.....I was so embarrassed that I sat the entire flight hiding the fact that the seat belt didn't fit.....thankfully the flight was smooth and it wasn't needed.....but it goes to show you how terrible the feeling was....I actually risked injury over it. Good luck to you!!!

In April of last year I had to make an emergency flight from Nashville to Orlando and I did the same thing. Hid the belt under a magazine so the flight attendant didn't see it wouldn't fit. Now I am between a size 8-10 so that is one less worry if I ever have to fly again. So thankful I had this surgery!

Same here! I'm between a size 8 and 10 and feel fantastic! This surgery was the best decision I've ever made!

Thank you guys for reminding me why i need this surgery these reasons you have listed are all on my list too. I have been waiting for the dr to set up a surgery date and this thread just gave me the boost i needed to continue with my journey. Sometimes when my body is not in pain i dont have a constant reminder that i need the surgery. So when i came across this post it was like a kick in the pants and a reminder of the humiliation i go through when i go to the eye doctors and the dentist. The eye docs for the small chairs plus my gut is always in the way when they put the equipment near your eyes it tends to push the eye wear away from me. At the dentist they put me in a long bed chair that goes down and tilts back of course it makes me feel top heavy to where i almost fall out of it. They stopped doing the full head xray since they learned it does not go around my head because my shoulders are so broad it got stuck trapping me inside super embarrassing not to mention painful. As for scales i hate the look the nurse gives me when i tell her that the scale does not go high enough to weigh me. Or when she or he has to walk out of the room to go get the bigger cuff for bp measurements. I am with 5'10 i weigh 391 right now. My worst nightmare is car accident with fire and being stuck inside do to my weight because first responders cannot get me out. My doctor set my goal weight at 175 right now that is just a dream that i pray comes true. ????

Sent from my SM-G920P using the BariatricPal App

Thank you for these reasons why I need this surgery .......I hope I get approved my self esteem is destroyed right now

Lol thank you. I know when I weighed 175 I looked amazing and they say my goal weight is 145 .

You're 5'10" and the doctor said your goal weight is 145? That seems low. I'm 5'2" and my doc said my goal weight was 143. I don't know what your body type is but my doc said I had a large frame.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Oh also for the ladies out there these words might bring you a chill lets see if you recognize them. Scoot down just a bit more little more now open. As a big woman these words are the most frightful of all the doctors i think especially when there is a tiny table involved ever had one tilt? Yup i have when doctor was in place talk about horrifying i cant believe i almost forgot about it. Lol arghhhh!

Sent from my iPhone using the [url=https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=87332]BariatricPal App[/ur

I had an OB tell me after the table tipped that I was "too fat to get pregnant". I was there for an exam and he refused to do it.

I did get pregnant and weighed 270 when my first was born and 299 when the second was born. Both relatively uneventful births (there were complications, but all were managed.). I was terrified thru the first pregnancy that he would be the on call OB.

Never so humiliated in my life. But I've matured (that was over 20 years ago) and I don't give a rats ass what people think.

Edited by sherri~

Yes sherri i eventually overcame it too. Some people just should not be doctors. You can always tell which ones they are going to be too from the look they first give as they walk into the room. Ugh! Glad the ob was wrong and you have two kiddos.

So my primary has been talking to me about surgery for a few years...... Then I moved to South Carolina and 3 different doctors recommended it and I took offense. Now I'm back in NY and I think its time my seizure meds made me gain 60+ last year. I have an appointment with my primary on Tuesday ......I think its time

These experiences suck... I recently was to get a occipital nerve block at a surgery center and tgey called me the last minute to cancel saying I weighed to much for there equipment!! I was 314 at tge time 5'3.5 and I was offended and hurt...

Many years ago, my pediatric rheumatologist told me " why don't I just starve myself" I tell you, those words still echo with pain in my head tge countless years of bullying and tge list goes on

Well I'm taking back my power now!! You are too!

I was told I couldn't participate in the VA pain management program because I weighed too much. It really sucks and is embarrassing. I feel for you! Good luck.

Sent from my SM-J700P using the BariatricPal App

When I started my appointments for my sleeve surgery my BMi is at 50 and the doctor told me i could get my surgery done right away after doing a few things on the list i just got my medical clearance done and i passed now im just waiting for the surgeon to call me

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App