Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When I did my pre op diet of seven days. It was soo hard especially with my mom eating around me and finding out I'm allergic to sugar free stuff

I did cheat with a little yogurt and a bite here and there and felt emotionally weak but it happens...you have a full sized stomach, gherkin hormones and more ...

Pick up the pieces and start over! Interestingly, I was so sick from vomiting and diarrhea, my surgeon allowed me Protein powder with forbidden skim milk and celery and carrots finely chopped I in my broth so it's not like all or nothing

Not saying cheating is okay but also saying calling yourself a failure isn't useful or helpful and this is not likely a prediction of how things will be post op bc you will physically feel totally different and not likely hungry

Thanks for the feedback. Family is not supporting me. They think I should be able to do this myself. Down to 214 and I cheated! Yes I couldn't live on fluids. My surgery is Monday 11/21/16, and I'm so close to cancelling. I'm so stressed out. Family says I'm going to be miserable, crap myself, be angry, lose my hair ( I love my hair). They are being mean and won't support me, they think I can do it on my own. Struggled for the last ten years and nothing helps with the weight loss. Thx for letting me vent.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I am so sorry your family is not being supportive. THAT has truly got to be the hardest part of this for you. But at this point, you have just one day to decide if this is really the best choice for you. Don't just cave in to the peer pressure around you and cancel it, but on the flip side, don't just have the surgery to "show them". It really needs to be the right choice for you. I had mine five days ago, and I am definitely having reality bite me in the butt. I went to all the pre-op meetings and classes, did all the research, and knew exactly what was going to be expected of me to make this a success. But that's different than actually living and doing it. (Which you've found out on the liquid diet!) If you do this surgery, it will be weeks, if not months, before you could potentially "cheat" again...at least without hurting your tummy. So the question is, do you have the will power to do it?

As for your fam's threat-astic little jabs, they can go jump in a river. The truth is, most of us wouldn't be facing this choice if we could do it ourselves. We'd just have done it! And your body is fighting you. I read the most interesting (and terrifying) article that talked about our body's "set points", and how every time we gain weight, we can be essentially creating a new "normal" for our bodies, and when we try to lose weight, the body can actually sabotage that (by affecting our metabolism, etc) to try to get us back to what it thinks "normal" is. Surgery is one of the few ways to reset those "set points." Of course, the irony is that the surgery process and subsequent life changes can be as hard (or harder) than just "eat right and exercise!"

As for your hair, yeah. You might lose some. But it grows back. You might get angry or feel a little depressed because you'll be mourning food. And, well....I'm....not sure why they think you're going to soil yourself, though? I've not heard about that or experienced it. Sound like they may have resorted to making stuff up. "All your toenails will turn purple and fall off!" Yeah. Okay. Whatever. :huh:

If you decide to do this, I hope you have at least one person who will help you through the next couple of weeks. It's gonna be a little rough, and remember -- YOU WILL LIKELY SPEND A LITTLE TIME REGRETTING WHAT YOU'VE DONE. 'Cause it will be weird. It will be a little hard. You'll be thinking about food and Water ALL the time. And it's even possible that your family will try to sabotage you in little ways, especially during the holidays. But that will pass, and the weight will come down, you'll be in ONEderland soon, you'll have less pain in your knees and feet and hips and wherever, and you will get healthier. But if you have a negative mindset going in, it's not going to magically change going out.

It's okay to cancel, or even just re-schedule the surgery if you need to, to give yourself more time. You are the only one who knows what's right for you. Not your family, not us.

I wish you the absolute best, dear, and I hope it works out. Keep us updated! If I had a hug emoji, I'd put it right here

--->____ ;)

I'm on day one of the pre-op diet. I have to do it for 14 days. I haven't gotten much sleep the past few days so I'm crazy tired and not having coffee is painful. Does anyone know why we can't have caffeine on the liver shrinking diet?

It IS DIFFICULT but after a few days, no cheats, tge hunger pangs dissipate until you pass someone with your favorite food aroma flying all in your face!!

And remember after surgery, the hunger hormone and most if your tummy is gone so you feel very different then now

No failure

I have to admit for me, I was hungry quite often but now on purees on a schedule with some mild carbs, I'm stuffed in a moment! Just about three weeks out for me

Drink Water when you feel the need to eat, it helps along with allotted popsicles etc

I'm on purees as well. What are you eating??

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

Protein powder in nonfat milk for Breakfast or scrambled egg, tuna pouch with one wasa cracker, turkey meatballs in chicken broth and chard and a few saltines, yogurt, cottage cheese non fat or lie fat by Lucerne with apple sauce, mmmm butter Beans, refried Beans or pinto beans with salsa, hummus and Melba toast or wasa,

Basically that's what I choose from..I chew tge crackers to pulp and my NUT said it was fine bc I was hungry all if the time before and now I'm not. I eat five mini meals every 2.5-3hours as they told me. Not sure it's working yet...

I use fage yogurt with stevia drops and true line or lemon for flavoring it I buy yogurts from trader Joes non fat Greek.

Still on popsicles!!

What are tge crackers? Where do you buy them?

Thanks for the feedback. Family is not supporting me. They think I should be able to do this myself. Down to 214 and I cheated! Yes I couldn't live on fluids. My surgery is Monday 11/21/16, and I'm so close to cancelling. I'm so stressed out. Family says I'm going to be miserable, crap myself, be angry, lose my hair ( I love my hair). They are being mean and won't support me, they think I can do it on my own. Struggled for the last ten years and nothing helps with the weight loss. Thx for letting me vent.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Girl, your family doesn't understand how you feel. I have struggled with weight, my whole adult life. Not everyone can do it without the tool of surgery. I have lost and regained well over 100 lbs. My knees and feet hurt daily. There are few if any "cute" clothes for me. My blood pressure is controlled with pills. I am now on insulin. I am determined to reduce to a normal weight, and be healthy and active. Have you ever wanted to ride a ride at the fair, but been afraid the safety latch wouldn't close, or you might put the ride in danger? Every time I have flown in the last 5 years I have had to ask for an extender for the safety belt. I am sick of physically and psychologically feeling like this! I am determined to get healthy for me! Don't wait as long as I did. My surgery is tomorrow 11/22. We push ourselves to give to our children, family, spouse/mate, and our employer. Don't we deserve the same level of commitment and care?

Make the decision that is right for you!!! Wishing you smooth sailing and happy days!

You can do it if you really set your mind to it

After the surgery Im sorry to say this but you want get drink all of those delicous shakes what you are getting now. So you might as well enjoy them while it last.

You are going to a transition that will alter your whole entire life. And your pre op diet is nothing compared to what is coming.

I dont want to scare you. But the food you will be eating after surgery is nothing but sips.

So i just want to let you know. This is real and hard work. Dont expect it to be easy because it aint. You signed up for this so you better make it worth while. And if you dont have the will you better need to have it because this is how your life is going to be for a very long time.

Sent from my SM-G928F using the BariatricPal App