Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nov. 9, courtesy of "The New Yorker" [the mag, that is]

Like him or not, he is the President elect of the USA. He will be sworn in as POTUS on January 20th.

We need to rally behind him ans support him and his cabinet for the best interest of our great Nation.

If we do not agree with what he, his cabinet or Congress present as executve orders, rules or laws, or pass as such, then we, as Americans need to speak out in a civilized way and let our voices be known.

Today is Veteran's Day. Brave men and women served our Country to protect our freedoms, some giving the ultimate sacrifice for those rights.

Well, I'm a Libertarian so my hope is that more and more people will realize that the result we had this election was the direct result of the duopoly that forces people into a "one or the other" mindset. We need more choices and in this day and age, with information at our fingertips and sites like isidewith.com to help us narrow the field, there is no reason we should be stuck in this two-party mindset. Except that Americans just seem to love rooting for teams.

The system is designed for two parties, and the only persons that can change that setup are those two parties. They have absolutely no incentive to change the status quo.

Well, I'm a Libertarian so my hope is that more and more people will realize that the result we had this election was the direct result of the duopoly that forces people into a "one or the other" mindset. We need more choices and in this day and age, with information at our fingertips and sites like isidewith.com to help us narrow the field, there is no reason we should be stuck in this two-party mindset. Except that Americans just seem to love rooting for teams.

The system is designed for two parties, and the only persons that can change that setup are those two parties. They have absolutely no incentive to change the status quo.

Too true. I wish we had a parliamentary system, I believe it would encourage more cooperation between the parties. But that would require a constitutional overhaul, so I know it's not happening. :/

I wish we had a parliamentary system, I believe it would encourage more cooperation between the parties. But that would require a constitutional overhaul, so I know it's not happening. :/

Not a bad idea. Our own fabled system of checks and balances, which should be a true glory, too often is a failure.

Like him or not, he is the President elect of the USA. He will be sworn in as POTUS on January 20th.

We need to rally behind him ans support him and his cabinet for the best interest of our great Nation.

If we do not agree with what he, his cabinet or Congress present as executve orders, rules or laws, or pass as such, then we, as Americans need to speak out in a civilized way and let our voices be known.

Today is Veteran's Day. Brave men and women served our Country to protect our freedoms, some giving the ultimate sacrifice for those rights.

Oh, you mean like the Republicans that rallied around Obama?

#notmypresident

Lots of love to our Veterans for all the sacrifices they made. As for rallying around Trump that's not going to happen...I've already started looking at countries I can move to and keep my SS retirement and Medicare. There is no way this Buffon is my president

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using the BariatricPal App

Lots of love to our Veterans for all the sacrifices they made. As for rallying around Trump that's not going to happen...I've already started looking at countries I can move to and keep my SS retirement and Medicare. There is no way this Buffon is my president

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using the BariatricPal App

You will need to.deal with it, he is. If you don't like his decisions as a president, we do live in a society where we can speak up and institute changes.

As far as running away to another country, I am sorry you feel that way about the Country I love.

#notmypresident

Both parties were at fault.

#notmypresident

If he upholds all his "promises" regarding immigration, Gay rights, reproductive rights, etc, he will never be MY president and I will NOT rally behind him. I can only hold on to the hope that he continues to be the liar he's proven himself to be.

Neither party put up the best candidate, and I get that Republicans wanted change, but did they really want TRUMP?

#notmypresident

#notmypresident

If he upholds all his "promises" regarding immigration, Gay rights, reproductive rights, etc, he will never be MY president and I will NOT rally behind him. I can only hold on to the hope that he continues to be the liar he's proven himself to be.

Neither party but up the best candidate, and I get That Republicans wanted change, but did they really want TRUMP?

#notmypresident

But here's the thing about that "voting for change". Why then would they keep the Republican congressman who were up for reelection? That's not shaking things up. They also knew before the election some of the cabinet picks he was proposing. Newt Gingrich? Rudy Gulianni? Chris Christie? Talk about some fresh faced Washington outsiders! Amiright?

Seems his supporters are going to see what's at the bottom of that drained swamp.

Sent from my SM-G925V using the BariatricPal App

@@Babbs @@sunnydeeliteful @@LipstickLady, I'll be brief.

You refuse to rally behind, in front of, alongside, above and below a racist, lying, ignorant, self-serving, egomaniacal, uncivilized, low quality humiliation of a sewer? Tsk-tsk.

There may be a first step. I'm waiting for a friend to research it and send the info along. It seems that the Electoral College can reverse itself and a large, organized, letter-writing effort may play a part. What I was told this morning was sketchy enough that I don't even know how accurate it was. Another move which is mentioned every four years is to take steps to end the electoral system. This is new to me, but it seems there is evidence that it was created to preserve slavery. I'm awaiting more on that, too. (It's nice to have someone else doing the research.) If and when I get the info, I'll post. In the meantime, maybe someone here can fill in some blanks.

Edited by WLSResources/ClothingExch

@@Babbs @@sunnydeeliteful @@LipstickLady, I'll be brief.

You refuse to rally behind, in front of, alongside, above and below a racist, lying, ignorant, self-serving, egomaniacal, uncivilized, low quality humiliation of a sewer? Tsk-tsk.

There may be a first step. I'm waiting for a friend to research it and send the info along. It seems that the Electoral College can reverse itself and a large, organized, letter-writing effort may play a part. What I was told this morning was sketchy enough that I don't even know how accurate it was. Another move which is mentioned every four years is to take steps to end the electoral system. This is new to me, but it seems there is evidence that it was created to preserve slavery. I'm awaiting more on that, too. (It's nice to have someone else doing the research.) If and when I get the info, I'll post. In the meantime, maybe someone here can fill in some blanks.

The electors in the electoral college are not bound by the constitution to vote for the "winner". Some states have laws that require the electors to vote as directed by the general election, but the rest don't. However, I think it's a pipe dream, as it has never happened in the history of the U.S. They occasionally get one or two "faithless electors" who refuse to vote for the winning candidate, but it's never been a large movement. Certainly not enough to pin hopes on.