Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Being politically correct sucks!

Universal Healthcare is not the answer either there is a lot wrong with that as well Canada has it and it is not working for them either they come to the US to get health care Look I work in the Emergency room and that is what most people that don't have insurance do use the ED as there pcp , it is against the law to turn away pt's we get a lot from other countries that has that kind of health care Universal healthcare but the catch is you can see a Dr. but it maybe months from now and you have a serious illness that don't work either so they come over here because non private hospitals like the one I work at has to treat you regardless if you have ins or not! What should be or could be is not the issue the issue is what is going on right now which is the ins companies are out of control

I hope people here never have a major illness that the insurance company decides not to cover or doesnt cover to the extent they need it. Your life is then thrown into a tornado of losing everything you have and possibly die. You can work until your 60, never break a law, fight in wars for your country, pay taxes out the wazoo, pay thousands for medical insurance, and you are still walked over for the almighty dollar. Then tell me how universal health care is worse.

Remember folks, just because you have medical coverage doesn't mean that they will cover you.

Sent from my SM-G930P using the BariatricPal App

I'm not sure if you guys are quoting for yourselves or your families - I work for one of the largest companies in the nation and pay 79 for ME only. Family rate is 215.

My husband is VA. If you want to see a real cluster -

And I agree with you Im just telling you what is going on as I process peoples insurance and trying to help the ones that don't have insurance. the system is broken and it is frustrating and sad as I try to get healthcare to people that really need it and cant afford it. Im not watching it on tv or listening to political nonsense I am working in this tornado!!!!

I'm not sure if you guys are quoting for yourselves or your families - I work for one of the largest companies in the nation and pay 79 for ME only. Family rate is 215.

Goes by state, goes by level of insurance and goes by the company or state/govt you work for.

Every day I thank goodness for my hubby's stint in the Navy!! Plus I have CHAMPVA I can get all of my scripts free, go to any Dr I choose. I paid $8.00 for my hospital when I had my Panni. My RNY was totally paid 100%. I have better coverage than my hubby's. He goes to the VA and he has Cancer in his kidney and they didn't even tell us for3 years!!! He also goes to a private DR because of the below standards of the VA!! All is great now but let me tell you how bad it was when my kids were growing up. We had 000 insurance!! We raised 2 kids without any insurance. We could just barely make ends meet so there was no way we could get medical insurance!! My poor hubby worked every day of his life and still BARTERED with our Dr and Dentist so our kids could get the medical care they needed!! Fast forward to this day and age, people work full time have medical insurance thru their jobs and still get food Stamps and OHP. We couldn't get the help we needed because we were married and not living together!! Now they can be married and get all the benefits up the WAZOO> There is something wrong with our society if you ask me!! OK my RANT is over. LOL I hope I didn't offend anyone. Our system needs an over haul bad!!!

However, homeowners no longer need to lose their home due to an illness with no insurance... and existing illnesses are covered.

I'm still not happy having to pay 1200/mo just for me!!!

Goes by state, goes by level of insurance and goes by the company or state/govt you work for.

I understand - I'm just saying that working for one of the largest companies in the country isn't even helpful if they're quoting family rates. Was just curious if it was individual and i was getting a "good" rate for working at a massive company, or if it was even higher.

Universal Healthcare is not the answer either there is a lot wrong with that as well Canada has it and it is not working for them either they come to the US to get health care Look I work in the Emergency room and that is what most people that don't have insurance do use the ED as there pcp , it is against the law to turn away pt's we get a lot from other countries that has that kind of health care Universal healthcare but the catch is you can see a Dr. but it maybe months from now and you have a serious illness that don't work either so they come over here because non private hospitals like the one I work at has to treat you regardless if you have ins or not! What should be or could be is not the issue the issue is what is going on right now which is the ins companies are out of control

Every person I have ever heard complain about Canada's health care has been an American parroting the same crap they watch on Faux News.

Haven't heard squat from actual Canadians in complaint. The only persons I've ever known from Canada who came to the US for surgery were those persons having minor elective surgery who didn't want to wait to have it for free.

"When all is said and done, usually more has been said than done. "

Still waiting to hear about the exciting changes. Unless she meant that everyone will be excited in a mob fashion with pitchforks.

My feelings exactly.