Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not very patient.. SMH!

So sorry @Cocoon2butterfly. They cannot stop your inner butterfly from emerging my dear. What insurance do you have? Before you go in on 3rd appeal be prepared. Browse this site, there are so many awesome stories and tips, even appeal letters that others used to finally get approved, that have been posted here on BP to help all those in the process. I have learnt a lot through them. You will be in my thots n prayers.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

This is my fear. My BMI is the only thing that qualifies me for the surgery. I have no co-morbidities. My surgeon and his team are far more optimistic than I am. They said the insurance companies have requirements and you meet them or you don't. They can't and shouldn't deny based on anything other than their requirements. But that doesn't make sense because we see it all the time!

Not Medically Appropriate.

Cocoon to Butterfly

My Doctor submitted to insurance last Tuesday and I was approved today The only thing that qualified me also was my BMI. Stay positive and best wishes to you and your journey!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using the BariatricPal App

@"YaneR321"Thank you. Congrats on your approval.

Cocoon to Butterfly

I called my surgeon's office today to see if they have heard anything since today is two weeks since my last appointment and they said it typically takes 10 days...

It hasn't even gone to insurance yet! I was told it will go over today and they will call soon to set up a tentative date for surgery, but what a bubble buster. I thought I was at the end of waiting for an answer and instead it is just beginning.

I called my surgeon's office today to see if they have heard anything since today is two weeks since my last appointment and they said it typically takes 10 days...

It hasn't even gone to insurance yet! I was told it will go over today and they will call soon to set up a tentative date for surgery, but what a bubble buster. I thought I was at the end of waiting for an answer and instead it is just beginning.

Wow... Thats rough... Keeping fingers crossed for you.

Sent from Dee~Dee via BariatricPal

I called Aetna on Thursday & found out was approved. Waiting for surgeons office to get electronic letter and then hopefully a date!

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Congratulations.

Cocoon to Butterfly

I just got the call from my surgeon's office - Aetna approved today by phone. It went over Friday. Possible surgery date 11/29!

I just got the call from my surgeon's office - Aetna approved today by phone. It went over Friday. Possible surgery date 11/29!

Congratulations

Sent from Dee~Dee via BariatricPal

Congratulations

Cocoon to Butterfly

This is my fear. My BMI is the only thing that qualifies me for the surgery. I have no co-morbidities. My surgeon and his team are far more optimistic than I am. They said the insurance companies have requirements and you meet them or you don't. They can't and shouldn't deny based on anything other than their requirements. But that doesn't make sense because we see it all the time!

Cocoon to Butterfly

I meet all my requirements. The doctors office thinks a code they put on they don't like. I am now in pending not denied. I heart sunk when I received that letter. I still have a chance.

Cocoon to Butterfly

That may have been what happened with mine. It took over 2 weeks and when I called they said they had resubmitted because of a code. A couple of days later I had a surgery date and am currently 1 week post op.

Cocoon to Butterfly

I meet all my requirements. The doctors office thinks a code they put on they don't like. I am now in pending not denied. I heart sunk when I received that letter. I still have a chance.

Cocoon to Butterfly

That may have been what happened with mine. It took over 2 weeks and when I called they said they had resubmitted because of a code. A couple of days later I had a surgery date and am currently 1 week post op.

I received my second denial

Cocoon to Butterfly

Sorry @Cocoon, are there any other options. Maybe a peer to peer? I have Aetna too and I don't understand how that insurance works. There doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to their approvals or denials. Maybe have your surgeons office go over all your documentation again and make sure they have everything entered and submitted correctly. I had a lady who got denied 3x and they couldn't figure out why, come to find out they had entered her starting weight wrong and it looked like she gained over 20lbs during the process instead of losing 20lbs. Her surgeons office corrected the error and she was approved. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you.