Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Temptations everywhere ...

I never expected anyone to stop eating what they wanted because of my surgery. We will constantly be around temptations....holidays, party's, work functions, movies theaters, restaurants, vacations etc.

Even though it sucks, it's good to work those will power muscles ;)

The work table. Does anyone else have a random table at work food collects on? Someone brought in donuts or Bagels or its someones bday so there's cake, or leftovers from a team lunch. It's always full of something! I just love sitting next to it. Haha.
The absolute WORST. And why do they have to have donuts at EVERY meeting??
I have no idea! Seems to be a universal issue.

Sent from my SM-T550 using the BariatricPal App

I feed my boyfriend all the nice things I can't have he says I'm a feeder

he does not have a weight problem

I bake him cakes and slices I buy him chips and chocolate it Doesn't bother me making him food makes me happy it's different for everyone just stay focused when you don't crave bad foods it becomes easier you will be fine

Sent from my iPhone

I never expected anyone to stop eating what they wanted because of my surgery. We will constantly be around temptations....holidays, party's, work functions, movies theaters, restaurants, vacations etc.

The work table. Does anyone else have a random table at work food collects on? Someone brought in donuts or Bagels or its someones bday so there's cake, or leftovers from a team lunch. It's always full of something! I just love sitting next to it. Haha.

While there are still plenty of carb-filled choices, my company finally moved toward more protein-based choices at company events -- especially Breakfast. This came about because so many people were skipping the provided Breakfast and expensing breakfast at the hotel (at a hefty cost -- even taking elite benefits into account). Once all that extra cost was analyzed, they started making some changes.

While there are still plenty of carb-filled choices, my company finally moved toward more protein-based choices at company events -- especially breakfast. This came about because so many people were skipping the provided breakfast and expensing breakfast at the hotel (at a hefty cost -- even taking elite benefits into account). Once all that extra cost was analyzed, they started making some changes.
I work for a massive company - I have to walk a good 3/4 mile for a healthy breakfast or lunch - which is good for steps! I'm just waiting until I can hit up the salad bar!! Currently sitting on the commual food table - a bucket of trick or treat goodies a vendor brought for me.

Go to the Burger King website and read the nutritional information. You won't want any of that stuff.

I read the nutritional information and get so grossed out I am not interested.

If other people want to poison themselves with peasant food that is their business, I'll keep eating like royalty.

You've got your mind right :) Congratulations, that's 90% of the battle, right there...defeating these influences that have controlled us for so long. Taking away their power. I'm almost done with week 5 post-op and I feel good, and I don't desire crap food anymore, at all. I want QUALITY. I can have so little, that I want it to really count. The only fast food I have had has been pintos and cheese and a side of steak at Taco Bell, which was two meals' worth of food. That steak is good, though...even though I know it's a bit high in sodium.

But we are on a journey and we have a destination in mind, and there are things that will get us there and things that will hold us back...so we jettison whatever won't get us there. We're gonna make it :)

They don't really listen. There mindset is when I'm 6 weeks out, I can eat everything they are cooking or ordering. I'm still going to choose healthy choices because than what was the point of me having surgery?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I don't make my family stop eating in front of me at all. They are fit and healthy, I'm the one with issue. But it really doesn't bother me to be truthful, not since surgery.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

@@itzbrittaanyx3,

Yep, it’s tough! Welcome to the rest of your life! Still, it’s wonderful that they said they would stop eating because of your surgery. They may not have meant it, and of course they should have been more considerate than to start eating that stuff in front of you, but at least it shows they care about you and are aware of your challenges.

On the positive side, it’s a good opportunity to remember that Burger King and so many other places have options you can go for. There are the grilled chicken and side salads, a veggie burger patty or beef burger patty without the bun, and a flame-grilled chicken burger without the bun at Burger King.

You can do it. Coming here to vent and think about it is a very good way to cope!

I totally understand this feeling. I manage a Central Kitchen and Bakery for 15 grocery stores. We make thousands of Cookies, cakes, cinnamon rolls, sticky bund, etc a day. And it's my job to over see it all and ensure the quality.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using the BariatricPal App

@@itzbrittaanyx3,

Yep, it’s tough! Welcome to the rest of your life! Still, it’s wonderful that they said they would stop eating because of your surgery. They may not have meant it, and of course they should have been more considerate than to start eating that stuff in front of you, but at least it shows they care about you and are aware of your challenges.

On the positive side, it’s a good opportunity to remember that Burger King and so many other places have options you can go for. There are the grilled chicken and side salads, a veggie burger patty or beef burger patty without the bun, and a flame-grilled chicken burger without the bun at Burger King.

You can do it. Coming here to vent and think about it is a very good way to cope!

Unfortunately I'm only on the mushy phase

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App