Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help! I'm cheating and I can't stop! - KINDOF...

Hello All! I had Gastric Bypass on July 14, 2016. My highest weight was 275. I have lost weight on my own many times but always fail to keep it off. When I started my WLS journey, I weighed in at 258. The day of surgery, I weighed 236 and I currently weight 185. My next post of visit is November 7. At my last post op (September 7), my surgeon told me she expected me to lose another 30 to 40 pounds by November 7th. I have only lost 3!!!!

I am happy with my results so far, but I am concerned that I have started my self destructive ways that always tend to get the best of me. I am able to eat pretty much ANYTHING. NO DUMPING! I have started eating carbs again and I need motivation to stop! I haven't gained, but I know I should be taking advantage of this time. I have also slacked in going to the gym since I went back to work. :-(

Anyone willing to be a support buddy????

Has anyone had a similar experience?

Am I already done losing????

I need DISCIPLINE!!!!

Bypass is only a tool, and is not a cure all.

We now have the responsibility to use this tool and plan, track and manage our intake and exercise to get and stay where we need to be at.

I could see that if I did not plan and stick to the macros, even with a pouch, I could over eat calories and carbs to derail my progress.

I too can eat anything and no real dumping. Also, due to revision, I have a much larger pouch than many others, and the volume I can eat at a sitting can seem huge. Luckily small amounts keeps me satisfied, I eat 5 to 6 small meals a day, and do not go over my allotted calories and carbs each day.

Each of us has a different challenge, and ours is our bypass does not control fully what we can eat.

Good luck.

Hello All! I had Gastric Bypass on July 14, 2016. My highest weight was 275. I have lost weight on my own many times but always fail to keep it off. When I started my WLS journey, I weighed in at 258. The day of surgery, I weighed 236 and I currently weight 185. My next post of visit is November 7. At my last post op (September 7), my surgeon told me she expected me to lose another 30 to 40 pounds by November 7th. I have only lost 3!!!!

I am happy with my results so far, but I am concerned that I have started my self destructive ways that always tend to get the best of me. I am able to eat pretty much ANYTHING. NO DUMPING! I have started eating carbs again and I need motivation to stop! I haven't gained, but I know I should be taking advantage of this time. I have also slacked in going to the gym since I went back to work. :-(

Anyone willing to be a support buddy????

Has anyone had a similar experience?

Am I already done losing????

I need DISCIPLINE!!!!

Where do u live? There should be support group in your area. Try baby steps again. Start by walking alot. Do you have a dog? I feel having my dog helps me because if I don't feel like going to gym I will take her for a walk.

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

Bypass is only a tool, and is not a cure all.

We now have the responsibility to use this tool and plan, track and manage our intake and exercise to get and stay where we need to be at.

I could see that if I did not plan and stick to the macros, even with a pouch, I could over eat calories and carbs to derail my progress.

I too can eat anything and no real dumping. Also, due to revision, I have a much larger pouch than many others, and the volume I can eat at a sitting can seem huge. Luckily small amounts keeps me satisfied, I eat 5 to 6 small meals a day, and do not go over my allotted calories and carbs each day.

Each of us has a different challenge, and ours is our bypass does not control fully what we can eat.

Good luck.

Mind telling me what your allotted calories and carbs are each day? I am also a revision patient and have a bigger pouch. I didn't get any guidelines as to what that should look like other than 5 small meals a day.

Hi All! I should be staying under 30 grams of carbs per day. I know I am definitely going over that. :-( I was never told a daily calorie count. I was just told what I can eat. I was told if a food wasn't on a list, then I can't have it.

I live in the Fredericksburg, VA - Washington DC area.

I do have a dog, in fact I have three. Two of them would walk me, but perhaps I should start walking the "lil" one. :-)

At this time, I am lacking will power to stay away from the carbs. I did walk over to my other building (work) and found out that I am still a member of the gym so I could start working out before I leave work. On the commute home it seems that I find every excuse in the book not to go. :-(

@@Llamalover17

I think you are finding out this is all about you and not the surgery. You know what you have to do because you lost weight doing it.

you should definately NOT be increasing your carbs right now or you will lose part of your honeymoon period. It is up to YOU to get your head straight. There is only one way to stop and that is to stop your destructive behavior.

The best thing you can do for yourself at this point is seek a therapist to help you figure out why you are doing this to yourself.

The good news is, the tool will be there when you are truly ready to make the right changes in your life. The bad news is you are wasting the best time to lose the weight.

This is all about how your brain works. Stop telling yourself it is ok.....but you have to be ready to do that.

Best of luck to you.