Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

QUESTIONS FOR CARNIE WILSON? (Prize for your question!)

Hey Hey Everyone!

Last week, Carnie Wilson wasn't able to make it on the show because she was quite sick, so she's going to be on TONIGHT! Do YOU have a question you'd like me to ask her on the show? Leave your questions in the comments section! If your question gets selected to be read on-air, you'll win a prize pack of goodies shipped from me to you, full of WLS and beauty-related goodies! :)

Also, you can win a $30 Gift Certificate on tonight's show to Bravo Bra Pads (www.bravobrapads.com) by being the right caller: 347-857-2052. You can listen to the show streaming on any device at www.backstagepassradio.com. You can also watch us live on Facebook @backstagepassradio or @divataunia.

And don't forget that you can save 15% in the BariatricPal Store by using the coupon code DIVAT !!!

So go ahead and leave your question for Carnie below in the comments section. (This contest is ONLY for Bariatric Pal folks!) Tune-in tonight to find out if you've been selected!

(I'll also updated this thread tomorrow. :)

post-233531-0-20619200-1476468636_thumb.png

That's actually a great question. I can tell you from my own experience, it did...quite a bit more than I had anticipated. Your body is your instrument, and sound resonates from within that instrument, so it changed a lot for me.

I'd be really curious to hear what her response would be! :D

Can you imagine? Yeah, let me go to the beach and wear a BLACK SUIT. That will be super-comfortable. SAID NO ONE EVER. ;)

What does she thing the contributing factor/factors in her re-gain? And how is it different now with the band?

I have the Band also, since 11-2009

How did she go from gastric bypass to lap band? Was the gastric bypass reversed? Having used both "tools", which does she find more effective and why?

HW 385 SW 359 Sleeved 10/5/16

my question is I had the sleeve done Jan 2015 I lost 112lbs but still need to lose around another 30lbs I can;t seem to get from 170 can you give me any sugesstions that may help me. right know I cannot exercise I fractured my foot. I was walking 3 miles a day so that has me a little bummed out, but I need to get the last 30lbs off. my name is Rose from New Jersesy

I didn't realize she went from the RNY to the Lap Band. How could they do that? I thought it was a way risky surgery to revise from the RNY. My hubby had his Lap-Band for 13 years and himself among other has had nothing but trouble with them. Does she think the band will be more successful?

When you look in the mirror who do you see? Even after loosing my weight I still see the same person I was before surgery. What advise do you have too overcome this and help me see who I am now?

Edited by Hayleysmom

I would like to ask, what did you learn about yourself while going through this process? What advice do you have for people in maintenence?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using the BariatricPal App

I'm wondering if Carnie plans ahead for what she's going to eat the next day. I'm 70 years old and had open RNY almost 10 years ago. I took off 150 lbs. I have regained some, lost some of that, but still have 30 lbs. to go to get all the regain off. I'm having an awful time with carbs lately. I know I can get all the carbs I need from vegetables and fruit, but the starchy stuff creeps back in sometimes, too. I have to get back to planning ahead of time what I will eat, and just not eat anything that's not on my plan.

Thank you,

Lynn

bmi.png?ts=1476497149

Edited by Lynn Propper Barboza

I didn't realize she went from the RNY to the Lap Band. How could they do that? I thought it was a way risky surgery to revise from the RNY. My hubby had his Lap-Band for 13 years and himself among other has had nothing but trouble with them. Does she think the band will be more successful?

shedo82773, I just thought I'd respond to this since no one else did. Carnie actually had a procedure called BOB or Band-Over-Bypass. They didn't "revise" the RNY, but instead placed a lap band over the original bypass (I'm paraphrasing, obviously, not using the exact technical jargon). It's another type of wls procedure. You can read more about it here:

http://www.obesityaction.org/educational-resources/resource-articles-2/weight-loss-surgery/band-over-bypass

UPDATE ON THE WINNER:

Thanks to everyone who submitted their questions! Unfortunately, Carnie had a snafu last night and did not call in. I got a long email from her this morning with huge and sincere apologies. It was a bummer she didn't call in, but hey, sometimes celebrities lives get a little cuckoo. :) What can you do?

In any case, I *did* read the winner question on air as promised and I *did* award the prize, and the winner is (drumroll please....):

DOXAHOLIC!

I loved your question for Carnie, and since I'm a vocalist myself, I was able to answer it on-air. You are the winner of this contest, so please send me your name and address for your gift pack to: info@divataunia.com.

I'll be running more contests like this, probably for next week when Alex Brecher, from right here on BARIATRIC PAL is on! :)

I was wondering if she felt people treated her differently in Hollywood after surgery?

Sent from my SM-G900P using the BariatricPal App