Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's your best protein shake recipe?

Hi!

When I search Protein Shake, I see a lot of brands just foe powders or pre-made. I'm trying to do a Protein "smoothie" of sorts for Breakfast. What are your best recipes? A lot of what I find online is 400 calories and the protein is sometime only like 12 grams.

If there's another thread I couldn't find in searching, please let me know and I'll just go read that one.

If you are wanting to up your Protein I recommend GENEPRO it is nonflavored and is 30Grams of Protein. I add it to my coffee when I do Expresso. You can add it to anything. I buy it online. I use Amazon PRIME so I don't have to pay S/H. The trick I have found is to take a little warm Water add your scoop and whisk it before you add it. I even take my chocolate Almond Milk and add a scoop of it, the same way tempering it before adding it to my cold chocolate Almond milk. Just a little tid bit of info. I don't know which surgery you had but I have been told by my Surgeon that anything over 30grams of protein is a waste because our bodies can only handle 30grams at a time so all over that is just lost. I love Atkins Protein drinks they have 15grams, MYOPLEX is another good one. If you want recipes you can check out some of the online sites like: Pintrest, The world according to eggface has many different recipes too. Good Luck

Premier Protein has 30g of Protein in 11oz and 160 calories, its one of the brands my surgeon recommends. I like it because its premade and the powders come out too foamy when I make them. Its about $1.5-$2 per drink at my grocery story. I've heard it is also at Walmart.< /p>

I have added Peanut Butter powder to it and its tastes great!

Edited by bostonmama

pre-surgery, smoothies were my go-to breakfast. Now I don't have them much anymore (I usually have Greek yogurt with a few fresh berries on top), but when I make them, I use unsweetened almond or cashew milk (instead of my former juice or regular milk), skip the yogurt, use a scoop or two of fruit- or vanilla-flavored Protein powder for the Protein (if you use fruit-flavored powder, it can easily replace some of the fruit), and then *some* (not a lot) frozen fruit.< /p>

for example, peach-flavored Protein Powder, half a frozen banana, a handful of frozen berries....

Have you tried the Torani SF syrups? Hazelnut, Salted Caramel, yummy flavors. I also add a tsp. unsweetened Hershey's Cocoa Powder & 1 Stevia packet for a great chocolate shake. I always add the Protein Powder, low calorie Silk Almond milk and ice for a thick icy shake. My husband liked some of the flavors of Crystal Light added to his shakes.

Premier Protein has 30g of Protein in 11oz and 160 calories, its one of the brands my surgeon recommends. I like it because its premade and the powders come out too foamy when I make them. Its about $1.5-$2 per drink at my grocery story. I've heard it is also at Walmart.< /p>

I have added Peanut Butter powder to it and its tastes great!

Thanks! I have tried a lot of pre-mixed but want something so I'm less bored with them, like adding PB. I'm kind of experimenting at the moment lol.

pre-surgery, smoothies were my go-to breakfast. Now I don't have them much anymore (I usually have Greek yogurt with a few fresh berries on top), but when I make them, I use unsweetened almond or cashew milk (instead of my former juice or regular milk), skip the yogurt, use a scoop or two of fruit- or vanilla-flavored Protein powder for the Protein (if you use fruit-flavored powder, it can easily replace some of the fruit), and then *some* (not a lot) frozen fruit.< /p>

for example, peach-flavored protein powder, half a frozen banana, a handful of frozen berries....

I've tried fruit with unflavored and it's kinda gross lol. I will try vanilla with some berries. I always use almond milk, since it's 30 calories. Thanks!!

Have you tried the Torani SF syrups? Hazelnut, Salted Caramel, yummy flavors. I also add a tsp. unsweetened Hershey's Cocoa Powder & 1 Stevia packet for a great chocolate shake. I always add the Protein powder, low calorie Silk Almond milk and ice for a thick icy shake. My husband liked some of the flavors of Crystal Light added to his shakes.< /p>

Hmm crystal light is interesting - wouldn't have thought of it!! Smart husband! I haven't tried the syrups, the artificial sugary flavor has been what I want to get away from. Do they tast sugary or have that sticky sweetness? Thank you!

The Torani syrups just give a little flavor. Lots of people add to their coffee. We use a lot of hazelnut flavorings. I love the syrups, not that sweet to me.