Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cincinnati Bandsters

I had to pay $300 program fee (Dr. Curry), that is for getting the insurance paperwork filed. My insurance doesn't cover the nutrition piece either, but I get a reduced rate due to them being in network. I've heard a rumor that as of January they are going out of network for Anthem... I don't know that for sure, but will find out when I go on the 2nd for my post op. None of my fills are covered except those that are part of the surgery.

Ellisa.. I suppose him being out of network will be because he will have opened his own surgery center.

Golly... I hope not. I would hate to have to find someone new.

Oh.. and Ellisa.. how are you feeling?

Jazzy,

I'm feeling very welll. Thanks for asking. I'll get my first fill on the 16th.

I was at Dr. Curry's office twice this week. Once for post op on Wednesday and again today for support group. At my post op, I asked Tracy about them going out of network for Anthem BC/BS. Yes they are but it only affects NEW patients. And yes, it has to do with their new surgery center. I also overheard... (oops sorry I have big ears...) them telling someone that the self pay cost is just under $13,000. That's an awesome price. And with a surgeon who is certified to train others surgeons! Can't beat that.

At the support group there was a guest speaker (Dr. Lied, plastic surgeon) who discussed reconstructive surgeries. Woo hoo, she is in network for our insurance. My husband is 2 years out and needs the Tummy Tuck. He has enough issues that it should be covered, the vast majority of his 140 lb. weightloss was from his stomach area. Will be scheduling appointment soon for him. The bad news (for me) was that the tummy-skin removal is about the only thing insurance will cover, sometimes breast reduction. I don't have a very large stomach but my ghetto booty and thighs are the issue. So when the booty becomes mud flaps insurance won't cover it.

What's up doc? :eek:

I have a friend in Cincinnati that was banded in Monterrey Mexico and is in desperate need of a fill. Do you do fills on patients you did not band, and if so, how much do you charge. Also, do you do the fill under flouro?

Seems quiet in the cincy bandsters area. Where is everyone?

:)

Missmonas I do know that Dr Trace Curry does fills for mexican banded patients. Also from what all that other dr from Syncrony was saying in this posting...their office does also. He however was unsure of the cost. I would call both and see what they charge etc. I do know of many patients banded by Dr Curry......all very happy. As for the other group mentioned....I do not know anyone who has been banded by them. Hope it helps.

Jazzywoman.....I love downtown cincinnati when it snows....use to date a nurse that lived smack downtown in a highrise and loved the view. lol

At cincy weight loss center we will fill your friend from mexico. There is a program fee (500) and then a charge of 50 dollars per fill

We would love to take care of her.

Thanks so much, that is just wonderful. I will tell her and give her your website link. She was so discouraged because of the docs she checked out, (not sure which ones) some of them were charging ridiculous amounts of money to do a fill.

I am going through Jewish Hospital Weight Management (Dr. Fegelman) .... I will be submitting everything to the insurance on Friday and hope to have an approval shortly after, so I can schedule a surgey date which will be for 2-4 weeks after I get the approval.

I'm so excited because I feel like I am in the home stretch now!!!

I was originally going to be banded by Dr. Curry. I went for an office visit and met him.

Now my husband switched jobs and if I have my surgury done at Middletown there is a good chance for more insurance coverage.

Anyone know anything about this?

Janelle

Hi Janelle,

I went to Middletown and Dr. Skofield performed my surgery. You will find a link to her on the hospital website. She and her staff have been amazing. They take care of everything!...from insurance processing for approval through post-op. If you have any other questions about her, pm me.

Best of luck to you on your journey. I would do this again in a heartbeat. My life has completely changed!

My husband is going for a consult with Dr. Lied tomorrow. She's in the Cincinnati area. She does plastic surgery. And is in network for Medical Mutual and Anthem BC/BS.

Looking for a good plastic surgeon in the cincinnati area

Anyone have any good recomendations?

Dr. Kitzmiller does a nice job.

I've been impressed with his work.