Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Complex sleep apnea

Do any of the post op sleevers have complex sleep apnea?

How did/does your weight loss affect your treatment? Have you had your machine adjusted? Has anyone had a follow up sleep study?

My Dr said losing weight might resolve the obstructive part of my sleep apnea but the central part might never resolve. I am interested to hear if anyone else had weightloss resolve both parts of their complex sleep apnea.

I don't know if mine is complex or not. It was severe.

Soon after surgery I did have to get a pressure adjustment so my doctor gave me a new, automatic CPAP machine that does the pressure adjustments automatically.

I will say that anecdotally, my sleep apnea has improved tremendously.

Complex is obstructive sleep apnea and central (brain forgets to tell body to breathe).

I do the.cpap Machine I hire is working well but if I forget in general since losing 30 kgs. Both on my own and then 7 with the sleeve I can sleep almost all the way through which is very different from before .

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Unfortunately central sleep apnea won't be corrected by weight loss surgery but as you said you may be able to lower the cm how as the obstruction goes away.

I apparently own the record of probably the "worst case" my sleep doc had seen of complex apnea. I've been on cpap for years rocking a high pressure around 21. I recently got a new machine that's more effective and my pressure was changed to 16.

I was told not to use my machine for the first few days and then to have the pressure lowered or cut in half and then slowly raise it to normal over the course of a week. I figured out how to get into the clinical settings of my machine and do that myself.

Moving forward, my surgeon seems to think that after a year I should get a new sleep study as my apnea would likely be resolved, but my sleep doc is much less optimistic.

I have a bipap asv. It has a min setting (i think 13) but it ramps up to 25, dropping back down to the min when ut detects the pressure of my exhale.

During my sleep study my o2 levels dropped to 68% and even with treatment my o2 levels were 86% so they added an o2 concentrator.

The awesome outcome is no more apneas, but I dont expect to be machine free. Both my parents have sleep apnea as well

I am also waiting to see what will happen. I also have complex apnea. I could not use my machine for 2 weeks after the surgery. I did not sleep very well. I was pretty scared also. But I made it through that part, and I'm on to the next. It's just over a month now, and I am down a total of 50 lbs in 3 months. My Dr is also cautiously optimistic about how weight loss will affect my machine use in the future. I WISH they could be able to see into the future, but alas, no crystal ball.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches