Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op Diet Journal - Phase 1

Shelli---Good to hear from you. I am feeling better today. I do not know how much I have lost this week, but I have lost 21 pounds since I started the liquids on Aug 13th. I know one more week on the liquids for me. I can do this. Congrats on your progress.

I was feeling so good, that I decided to go to town(12 miles away) and run errands. My wonderful car, that has never broke down, that has nearly 200,000 miles on it, died a natural death. Hubby is there now waiting on the wrecker. I seem to have a dark cloud over me. Thank goodness this did not happen yesterday. I was in such a mood, I probably would have thrown myself into the traffic!!!! Anyway, life goes on. We were takling about a new car anyway, but not until April:car::angry

Hi Claramae,

I am so sorry to hear about your car breakdown. You certainly are under some kind of black cloud - by the powers invested in me I command your cloud be lifted - lol - I wish it was that easy don't you? Can't go wrong with any Toyota. It'll last a lifetime for you. Hang in there Claramae! My thoughts are with you.

shelli:girl_hug::):girl_hug:

Thanks Shelli. What do you use to track your food? I've been using fitday.com and I really like it. My calorie goal for mushies is also 800 and I have to do 3 weeks.

I was just at my neighbor's house checking out their new Honda Civic - it's sooo cute!!

Now is the time to buy. All the dealers are trying to push the 2007 models off the lot to make room for the 2008's. I bought my first brand new car in Sept of '03 - a leftover 2003 Subaru Outback Wagon. I love love love that car!! I have 3 payments left :whoo:

Think about it this way Claramae - since your insurance came through for the Band you can put that money towards a new car!! What are you thinking about getting?

Hi Candle, I have been using fitday.com too! Also, I just found a new site last night called caloriescount.com - that kind of looked interesting too! Have you decided what you are having for dinner tonight? Are you trying to stick to just 3 meals a day? What kind of crackers are you permitted on Phase 2? :hungry:

shelli

Hi Candle

Thanks for the shopping tips. I have until Friday before starting pureed. I have to admit, it hasn't been too bad so far. Last week, went to run some errands on the hottest day of the week. Forgot my Water and hadn't had any Protein in that day. Got dizzy, lightheaded and saw stars before my eyes. So went home and tried to compensate for not taking in enough fluids and got a stomach ache!!! Now how dumb was all of that? Learned several lessons in one day.

Looking forward to a variety in texture of foods. Hubby made chili the other day and left the sauce on the watery side, so I've been eating that. Yummy. The Campbell's fiest cheese Soup (kind of Mexican flavor) was good but had to be strained.

Sue

The broth from Chili now that sounds really really good!

shelli:cool:

Im really surprised at all of the different time schedules that dr's use. Mine is 2 weeks liquids, 2 weeks mushies, 1 week soft foods, then go for it...LOL

Not sure when my first fill is, but I think its just before I quit mushies. So far the Protein shakes for bfast and dinner have been ok, with 4-5oz of liquified Soup for lunch. About all I can take in right now ( not complaining) and people are starting to notice the appearance change already:D:D:D

Hope all of your weekend is good....Dave:bounce::bounce:

Dave, isn't it amazing how fast you get full. I am two weeks out tomorrow and I get full so easy too. Take care,

shelli:cool:

I am having trouble with the "golfball" sized pain in my chest when I swallow. It seems to affect me with liquid or Jello or anything, actually. I had surgery Sept 5 and I know this is only day 4, but this am when I took my liquid pain meds, I got the pain in my chest so bad, it almost made me cry. Any suggestions for me?

So sorry you are feeling that way - maybe you should call your doctor to be on the safe side. It probably is just gas. Are you sipping slowly? Hope you feel better soon.

shelli:girl_hug:

Damn! It's really hard not to drink while/after eating.

This is something I didn't practice enough!

For mushies I only have to do 1/2 hour too - when on to regular food my doc says 1 hour!

For mushies I only have to do 1/2 hour too - when on to regular food my doc says 1 hour!

Hi Candle, I am finding this difficult too! I love Water and love to drink while eating - just another hurdle to jump over

jump jump jump

shelli:)

metoo - Was your surgery in March or August? (since you are in the UK, maybe you write your dates differently?)

By your post, I was thinking March. Which is why I asked about your fill. 6 months is a lonnnnnnnnnng time to have to wait for the first fill!!

Hi Candle, yes sorry we do write our dates the other way round it was August I had surgery................3 days since first fill and don't really feel any more restricted at the moment, its so hard to know what to expect isn't it.

Hi Dave, I think that people commenting on how they see a difference in you is just the best thing, it can only mean progress. Yeah we really do do this differently over here you guys really seem to have to stick to such strict diets pre and post op it must be so hard. Keep up the good work.

Hi Candle,

Where are you? I haven't seen you post in several days? Is everthing going okay? Write when you can. I am thinking of you.

shelli:ranger:

Hey Sheilli:

I'm here - work has been a little crazy this week so I haven't had much goof off time.

How are you doing with mushies? I'm doing pretty good. I'm losing again too - I think it was definitely that time of the month that caused me to gain a little.

I had my first follow up since surgery on Mon and they said everything looks great. I have another appointment next month and we're going to "talk" about a fill. I'm going on vacation to FL 10 days after my appointment, so I probably won't get my first fill until after I get back. They don't want me to have any complications while on vacation.

I'm disappointed but I do agree it's probably best to wait. Especially since I'm going on vacation w/ my sister, who didn't really want me to get the band. (she's a nurse and knows 2 people with it, who have both failed)

I had something REALLY yummy last night:

2ozs canned chic

a little fat free ricotta & a little red sauce

1/2 slice melted Muenster cheese to top

Hey Sheilli:

I'm here - work has been a little crazy this week so I haven't had much goof off time.

How are you doing with mushies? I'm doing pretty good. I'm losing again too - I think it was definitely that time of the month that caused me to gain a little.

I had my first follow up since surgery on Mon and they said everything looks great. I have another appointment next month and we're going to "talk" about a fill. I'm going on vacation to FL 10 days after my appointment, so I probably won't get my first fill until after I get back. They don't want me to have any complications while on vacation.

I'm disappointed but I do agree it's probably best to wait. Especially since I'm going on vacation w/ my sister, who didn't really want me to get the band. (she's a nurse and knows 2 people with it, who have both failed)

I had something REALLY yummy last night:

2ozs canned chic

a little fat free ricotta & a little red sauce

1/2 slice melted Muenster cheese to top

Yumm-------------that sounds good. I am doing fairly well with mushies except my weight loss has kind of levelled off this week and I either need to bump it up with exercise or just be patient. I have put the scale away until next Monday as my doctor advised me to do because I was hopping on once per day and when it didn't move for two days in a row I became a little depressed - just like he told me I would. But I am sticking to the 800 calories, getting in my Protein, and drinking fluids.

A trip to Florida sounds good this time of year before the snow sets in but I can see why you are anxious to get a fill. We will show your sister that the band does work - right??? It may take a little more time but we will get there!!! My next appointment is October 9th and my doctor said I WILL be a getting a fill. I have heard he is very aggressive about fills so there is no turning back now. I still get really really full still. Last night for dinner I had 1/4 cup tuna, 1/3 mashed potatoes, and 1/2 cup applesauce which I could not even finish. Tonight we have our monthly support group where you have to speak up and tell people how you are doing. I am a little scared but 30 pounds is a good loss for about 3 weeks right?

Well take care and talk to you soon!

shelli:girl_hug:

30lbs is awesome!!!!

Saturday will be one month from when I started my pre-op diet - I should be right at 25lbs!! I'm thrilled!

My doctor's support group meeting is next Tues.

My next appointment is on the 9th as well!! I'm jealous - I want a fill too! Which band do you have? I just found out I have the APS band that holds 10cc. I'm pretty happy I got the new band. It sounds like they've made some good improvements.

Congrats to all of you doing so well during the post op phase. I was banded 8/30, and am still on liquids. Tomorrow I get to start pureed. Never thought I'd look forward to pulverized egg before! Yipeee! I had Blue Bunny orange bar, can't remember the name but it has no added sugar and no fat. It was yummy! A nice treat. I've lost 28 pounds since my pre-op visit. Was on liquids for 1 week before surgery and lost 12 pounds before surgery, so that 16 after surgery. I feel good, people have noticed the difference. It's a challenge getting the Protein in but I'm making the 40 gm per day.

I too got the newer band and am glad due to the improvements that have been made. My dr. seems to like it better too. Next appt with him is 6 weeks and we'll "talk" about a fill. At this point, don't think I need one, if I drink too much Fluid I get a stomach ache, so I must be getting some restriction already.

Great job everyone!

Sue

Can someone help me with how to find where I left off in the messages? It takes me forever to find the messages from the current day or yesterday. I've got it set for hybrid view, I've tried searching for the thread number. I think I'm chat board impaired!

Sue :heh: