Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Breakfast Cookie...

SNEAKY CHEF’S BREAKFAST Cookies

Nutrition Highlights: whole grains, Calcium, and Protein. Rich in Vitamins B and E, Iron, potassium, folic acid, Calcium, tryptophan Protein, and Fiber.

2 cups whole grain Cereal flakes (such as Wheaties or Total)

3/4 cup Flour Blend (1/4 cup white flour, 1/4 cup whole wheat flour, and 1/4 cup wheat germ)

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon cinnamon

1 large egg

1/2 cup brown sugar

1/4 cup canola oil

2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract

3/4 cup low-fat ricotta cheese

Cinnamon sugar for dusting*

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper (or spray with oil).

2. Using a rolling pin, gently crush the Cereal (in a sealed plastic bag) into coarsely crushed flakes. Alternatively, you can quickly pulse the cereal in a food processor.

3. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together Flour Blend, crushed cereal, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. In another bowl, whisk together egg, sugar, oil, vanilla, and ricotta cheese. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix just enough to moisten dry ingredients. Drop single tablespoonfuls onto the baking sheets, leaving about an inch between Cookies. Flatten cookies with the back of a fork and then sprinkle tops generously with cinnamon sugar (or just sugar if your kids don’t like the cinnamon flavor). Bake about 18 to 20 minutes, or until nicely browned and crispy around the edges.

Makes 16 to 18 large cookies.

*Cinnamon has been found to help stabilize blood-glucose levels, thereby preventing the usual “crash and burn” feeling we all get after eating sweets.

© Missy Chase Lapine, all rights reserved.

Here's another one:

1/2 cup Canola Oil

1/2 cup Unsweetened Applesauce

1/2 cup Brown Sugar

1/4 cup Egg Substitute

1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract

1 tablespoon Orange juice

1 tablespoon Lemon juice

1/2 cup Oat Bran

1/2 cup 7-grain Cereal

1/2 cup All Purpose Flour

1/2 cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour

1 teaspoon Baking Soda

1/2 teaspoon Salt

1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon

1 teaspoon Ground Allspice

1/2 teaspoon Ground Cloves

3 cups Old Fashioned Oats

1 cup Golden Raisins

1/4 cup Unsweetened Coconut -- optional

1/4 cup Chopped Walnuts -- optional

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350. In a large mixing bowl, beat together with electric mixer, oil, applesauce, and brown sugar. Add egg substitute, vanilla, and juices, then beat again. Sift together oat bran, 7 grain cereal, flours, baking soda, salt, and spices. Mix these ingredients with the wet mixture. Stir in oats. Fold in raisins (and any other optional ingredients). Place dough on ungreased cookie sheets by the tablespoonful. Bake 15 minutes or until golden. Remove Cookies from the sheet immediately and let cool.

NOTES : This recipe courtesy of: The Manor at Taylor's Store B&B Country Inn

One final one... this has really good reviews on AllRecipes ;)

Best Breakfast Cookie - Allrecipes

NGREDIENTS

* 2 cups brown sugar

* 2 1/2 cups rolled oats

* 4 cups all-purpose flour

* 1 tablespoon baking soda

* 1 teaspoon baking powder

* 1 teaspoon salt

* 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

* 1/4 cup canola oil

* 1/2 cup prune puree

* 2 tablespoons Water

* 5 egg whites

* 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract

* 3/4 cup raisins

* 1/4 cup chopped walnuts

* 1/3 cup chopped dried apricots

number of stars

READ REVIEWS (45)

* Review/Rate This Recipe

* Save To Recipe Box

* Add to Shopping List

* Add a Personal Note

* Post a Recipe Photo

* Post a Favorite food List

* Create a Menu

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.

2. In a large bowl, stir together the oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Make a well in the center and pour in the canola oil, prune puree, Water, egg whites and vanilla. Mix until well blended. Stir in the raisins, walnuts and apricots. Scoop Cookies using an ice cream scoop, or roll into golf ball sized balls. Place Cookies 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets and flatten to 1/2 tall with wet hands. These cookies do not flatten very much while baking.

3. In the preheated oven, bake 8 minutes for chewy cookies 10 to 12 minutes for dry cookies. Cookies will not get crisp. Remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.

Someone posted this yesterday and I thought it sounded pretty good--

I also love to make sweet egg white omelettes... and put fruit on them. Usually, I blend 3-4 egg whites with a bit of cream of tartar until soft peaks form. Then I fold in 3-4 packets of splenda... and either cook it on the stove... in the nuker... or in the oven. Top with fresh fruit. It's delish. Low calories, lots of protein... Fiber from the berries. Low GI.

Someone posted this yesterday and I thought it sounded pretty good--

I also love to make sweet egg white omelettes... and put fruit on them. Usually, I blend 3-4 egg whites with a bit of cream of tartar until soft peaks form. Then I fold in 3-4 packets of splenda... and either cook it on the stove... in the nuker... or in the oven. Top with fresh fruit. It's delish. Low calories, lots of Protein... fiber from the berries. Low GI.

LOL...that was me. I love meringues... and this sort of tastes like a meringue. It's basically high in Protein and fiber. I love berries... so sometimes I'll buy a big bag of frozen strawberries or raspberries from costco... and I just nuke them a little to dethaw.

Yeah, I just thought of possibilities for it. Sounds yum. I am not a big fan of berries, but I am going to try it with lime juice mixed in. So like a lime meringue ;)

Here's my breakfast cookies! No extra Protein though, but soooo good, and lots o' fiber!

All-Bran* Original Jumbo Raisin Spice Cookies aka Breakfast Cookies!

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

2 teaspoons baking soda

2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

2 teaspoons ground ginger

1 teaspoon ground cloves

1/4 teaspoon salt

2 cups all-bran cereal

1 1/2 cups raisins

1 cup shortening

1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar

2 eggs

3/4 cup molasses

3/4 cup granulated sugar (optional)

((I soak my raisins in Water for a few hours before making the Cookies, just to plump 'em up.)).

Stir together flour, soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt. Mix in cereal and raisins. Set aside.

Cream together shortening and brown sugar in large mixer bowl. Beat in eggs and molasses. Stir in dry ingredients mixing until well combined ( mixture will be quite dry ).

Shape dough into 4 cm (1 1/2") balls; roll in granulated sugar if desired. Place on lightly greased cookie sheets and flatten with a fork, allowing 6 cookies per sheet.

Bake at 190C (375F) 7 - 8 minutes or until lightly browned. ( Do not overbake or cookies become very crunchy when cooled ) . Cool on baking sheets 2 - 3 minutes, then remove to racks to cool completely. Store in airtight container.

heh... yeah, apparently... hard to believe. It's been a while since I posted before/after pics... so long I couldn't even find em in my previous posts! I'll send you the link to the thread when I do my latest. ;) Thanks.