Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm pissed!

You know, I busted my ARSE yesterday getting that walk/run in.

I did not set out to do 26 miles. It just so happened that's what I accomplished. Was it hard? Damn right it was. Would I have stopped and grabbed an Ubër back to my starting point of I needed to? You BET! But every mile, every time I considered stopping I'd challenge myself to just get to "...." And so on.

Today I'm out shopping and run into a friend. Our daughters happen to be best friends, as well- since Kindergarten. They even traveled to France together in March. I digress...

I'm telling her about my accomplishment yesterday. Do I get a high five way to go? No. I instead am treated to a look of disbelief that I did that -and in the amount of time it took me (5 hours). I'm told that is what marathon runners do. Wtf? Do you think I've been sitting at home these months letting the weight fall off on its own??? Perhaps the miles and miles of walking the neighborhood not to mention the treadmill were in my imagination.

So to the friend who was incredulous at my accomplishment ( and she is a marathon runner) I sayto hell with you!

Rant over.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Edited by LisaMergs

What you did WAS a great accomplishment and I am sorry that your friend did not react more appropriately in the way your accomplishment deserved. No one can approach or understand your accomplishment more than you, though. Forget about her reaction and plan a reward for yourself. Be lavish - you deserve it.

Thank goodness you don't need her validation to know that your accomplishment was awesome.

That said, she can kiss my less fat ass right after she kisses your less fat ass. :D

I just adore you sometimes. Shall we form a bariatric line of asses?

A 26 mile walk is worth a huge celebration!

Great job-I'm sure I couldn't handle that.

Ignore the stupid marathon runner-she obviously can't appreciate what you accomplished!

Thanks guys. So glad to vent here where people "get it".

Off with her head!!!

OH, by the way----I still have the shovel and the flashlight....

just a thought. ;)

Gag. Running is so not my thing but I'll applaud those who do it. I'm amazed by people who can run/walk that far! You're awesome and she's a synonym for a female dog. No offense to the dogs.

sent from mobile device

Thank goodness you don't need her validation to know that your accomplishment was awesome.

That said, she can kiss my less fat ass right after she kisses your less fat ass. :D

I just adore you sometimes. Shall we form a bariatric line of asses?

That can't be pretty. A lot of bariatric butts are saggy.

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using the BariatricPal App