Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I did it! Got sleeved yesterday 9/2!

Thank you for sharing all this... It sounds like you are doing great.

And kudos to you and your wife. It sounds like you married a great woman.

Good luck going forward - I'm eager to follow how you are doing.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Thank you very much! My wife is an extraordinarily great person. She has been very supportive throughout this entire process and I don't know that I could have done it without her.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I had sleeve surgery on 9/6/16. I came home the next day and have been doing great. I never really had any pain, just some gas the first couple of days. But that has subsided. Now it's easier to drink more too. I've been walking 3-4 miles a day since 3 days after surgery. I've been dropping between 1-3 pounds a day. I must confess I'm sick of the shakes and have started eating real food. I'm probably not supposed. I'm eating very small portions (1/4cup) of chicken or turkey meat and the same size of cooked carrots or cauliflower. I chew really well and mush it all up and have not had any pain, nausea or ill repercussions. I've had a little broth too and 1 SF Popsicle. Things are going great.

I have been getting in quite a bit of activity and its increasing daily. I'm too chicken to skip ahead on my meal plan from the surgeon. Too much invested in this to have something go awry. Anywho, happy to hear you are losing at such a fast rate and haven't had much pain. Some people just luck out in the pain department. I feel pretty lucky as mine was all controlled and didn't last too long after surgery. I have my two week appointment with the surgeon on Thursday, fingers crossed for being moved up to purée.

Day 10, it was a little rough as far as digestion was concerned. Had a bit of loose poop, so I was trying to stay ahead of my liquid requirement today to keep from getting dehydrated. Still managed to get out and make a run to Petsmart and Walmart. Then hung around the house pretty close to the loo. Looking forward to getting the okay for puréed foods, maybe then I can control the digestion a little better. Feeling a little depressed tonight, hopefully tomorrow is a little better. Having been off work for a few weeks and not sticking around the house so much is taking its toll. Better enjoy it now though, as soon as I get back to work I'm going to wish I had taken more time off. ;). Till tomorrow.....

Day 11, well my wife caught on, I can't blame breaking wind on the gasses they used for surgery anymore. :(

Today was alright, stuck around the house most of the day. Bowels seems to have settled down. Looking forward to my follow up with the surgeon in two days. Starting to think about the puréed stage, searching the forums for good recipes.

My weight loss has been moving right along so I'm worried about adding new foods. I don't want to mess things up. I have an appointment with the nutritionist but that's not until it's time for solids. I may try to make an earlier appointment when I go in for my two week.

Edited by #BirdDog

Thank you for sharing your experience! I'm going in tomorrow morning, actually this morning, now. Can't sleep thinking about everything. All your posts give me great comfort. I got this

Congrats!!! Soon you'll be on the fast track to recovery and a new you! I had a hard time sleeping the night before as well, mostly anxious to get the party started!

Day 11, well my wife caught on, I can't blame breaking wind on the gasses they used for surgery anymore. :(

You DO have a puppy though!!! mine get blamed for everything smelly

Read your journey to date. Well done!

Day 12. My paperwork says I can start puréed food today. I was planning on waiting until tomorrow when I have my two week appointment. But what the hell, I made a small thing of thinned mashed potatoes and added unflavored Protein powder to it. I puréed up some manwich meat made with ground turkey instead of beef. Put some of that on top of the potatoes and it was pretty tasty. I put it in a half cup container, wasn't able to eat much of it before I felt full. Probably an 1/8 of a cup maybe a touch more.

post-297712-14739088440269_thumb.jpg

Feeling pretty guilty about the potatoes. They are on my list of allowed foods at this stage but I'm thinking I probably won't have them very often. Any other purée stage folks have potatoes on a regular basis? Last thing I want to do is mess up this short window of opportunity to drop the majority of my weight.

No weight loss the last two days, and I'm transitioning to puréed foods. Thinking I need to put the scale away and just focus on good nutrition. I keep saying that but curiosity gets me every time. Spent quite a bit of time on Pinterest getting sleeve friendly recipe ideas.

I've been open with everyone about my surgery and how I've been doing, even here on the forums. But one thing I've held back is some numbers. My highest weight was 370 lbs, day of surgery I was 339 lbs and as of this morning I was 326 lbs. total weight loss to date is 44 pounds.

Edited by #BirdDog

I think I'll even include a photo of me the day I started my two week pre op diet and one of me 1 week post op.

post-297712-14739095385369_thumb.jpg

Not much of a difference but I can sure see it!

Edited by #BirdDog

That's already a huge difference ;) can't wait to be where you are!

BirdDog, thank you for sharing your story so far! My surgery date is 9/19 and it's great to hear day by day experiences from someone who just had the surgery. I've recently found this forum and it's been a great resource already. Please keep posting your experiences, I'm only a couple of weeks behind you. Congrats on the progress so far, and keep it up!

@@#BirdDog My plan allows for mashed potatoes too. I wouldn't have them too often - but the amount we eat shouldn't impact weight loss (from my perspective anyway). What you made sounds really good! You're right in time for the 3 week stall - so put the scale away and stick with your plan. Congrats on your success so far - 44 lbs is a great loss!

My 2 big incisions always hurt (2 out of 10). I stopped my pain meds 2 days after. Had mines done 9/08, I will be screaming GasX strips all up and down these forums! Because it's important! And get some milk of mag, if you need it. I couldn't even think of adding anything to my stomach it was so uncomfortable until I had a BM. If once you start full liquids you have pain, start walking immediately, helped me A LOT!

So happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!