Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Successful surgery yesterday in Mexicco!

For all of you that are nervous don't be. I arrived Thursday evening at the Tijuana Marriott. I was greeted with welcome arms!! The staff was very sweet and spoke English. (little accent) the following morning my family i were picked up by the Vida driver, I had my Mom, Son, and boyfriend with me. Anibel was cool. Vida the facility was maybe 5 minutes away.

I did some paperwork, had a consultation with a internal medicine doctor. They took my blood did an EKG. Everything looked good. I then paid Sandra my coordinator said my good byes to my family and was sent to the back for set up. I maybe waited for an hour tops.

Anesthesia doctor came in, asked me some questions and BAM!!! I was out!!! Before you know it she came to my bed and siad okay you did wonderful you surgery is all done. I was like what!!!

This morning I'm feeling great little tenderness. No Biggy. They have me drinking this NASTY Blue drink to check for leakage. I would say my only complaint so far is my rommate who is doing nothing but complaining. GRRRRRR She's one of those who needs attention 24/7.

Good luck to all you having there surgery soon!!

I'm 5'2

Heaviest weight 221

Pre-op diet start weight 197.7

Surgery date weight 188.9

Goal 130- 135:)

Turtle5559

I would have to say last night was my worst night. I took a shower, the nurse came in to change my dressing. When she pulled the tape off it hurt like hell. I must have taken the deepest breathe because my chest started feeling like it was caving in.

As she walked out of the room I started to tear up. I had chills in my arms, my left shoulder started hurting and my neck had the sharpest pain. I was given a little white pill to sleep and that's exactly what I did.

Later in the evening the doctor came in to take out my drain (ouch) that was a weird feeling. It only took 5 seconds, but was the worst 5 seconds.

Woke up took a shower had a 1/2 cup of Jello and a few bites of yogurt. My dressing was changed again. Now I'm on my way home:) Feeling much better they even gave us a medical pass to pass the boarder faster. Wish me luck on a speedy recovery!!

Turtle5559

Can you recommend any Vitamins from Mexico? I would like to look into it

Sent from my SM-N930T using the BariatricPal App

@flowersgastric I actually bought all my Vitamins from costco. Adult Multivitamins gummies, Calcium Bone support Gummies, B12 tablets, Biotin, Iron

I did want to look into the B12 injections from Mexico. My sister in law just bought 6 boxes 3 in each box for $26. My consultant is from Florida she mentioned these B12 topical Patches from Groupon. I was going to ask her about those when I talk to her.

I'm just about 2 1/2 hours from Tiajuna and we're planning to drive out this weekend. My boyfriend left his bag in the hotel like a dork and it would cost way more to have them ship it back to him. So I thought I'd take advantage of the pharmacies out there. Also want to ask about a good scar removal cream?? I might get some good deals. We'll see:)

Turtle5559