Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Abdominoplasty and Brachioplasty done 8/26

I had both procedures performed early Friday. It took about 6 hours to complete both. The surgeon removed 13lbs. Of skin from my abdomen and another 3lbs from my arms. I have been quite surprised that I haven't really felt a lot of pain in my arms, especially knowing that they were split and cut. I'm thankful, but surprised. Obviously my abdomen is very sore, but it is being managed by pain meds. I also read many boards and ordered some high quality compression garments because I plan on wearing them for a while to maximize my results. The first thing that stood out post surgery was that I could look down and see "Martha." It's been sinking since I have laid eyes on her. LOL... The first 2 days were a bit rough because I could barely move, but now everyday is getting better. I even did the stairs today! I can't wait until the swelling goes down sink can see the true results of what my 14K paid for.

Awesome!

I'd like to hear more.

Thanks for that! I'm still going back and forth about whether to move forward with plastics or not. Keep us posted on your progress and I wish you quick, easy healing!

Kudos to you and your decision to go through with it... I do not and I repeat DO NOT plan on walking around with an unreasonable amount of loose skin. I don't imagine I'll have a lot but after losing 110 lbs much can be expected. I'm going to a seminar in Sept at my surgeons clinic about cosmetic surgery following bariatric surgery. I am looking to get it as soon as I can if I have to. I know for sure boobs. I had them before weight gain but they were on the droopy side so... yeah I'm doing that. I'm watching my tummy. Never really had one prior to weight gain... when I 've lost in the past it always snatched back. Its pulling in real nicely right now thanks to PLANK TWISTS but again 110 lbs later who knows.

I hadn't thought about arms and thighs until the last year. So I'm trying to figure out which is more important to me right now and so far

1. Boobs

2. Arms and Tummy are in for a close 2nd

3. Butt

5. Thighs

I would probably never do that much plastic surgery in my lifetime. So it's likely I may pick 2-3 body parts and make it count in one procedure.

Keep us posted on your progress!!! Wishing you a peaceful and speeeeeeeeedy recovery.

Glad to hear your recovery is going well so far. I had boobs and tummyt tuck done at the same time and it was shocking how little the boobs hurt, just because the Tummy Tuck was SO MUCH worse/harder! I think it's probably the same situation with your arms.

Hope everything continues to go smoothly. Be kind to yourself and don't try to pus yourself too far too fast. Compression 24/7 for the first 10 weeks at least!

Yay! Congratulations on your surgery. I hope you get better every day.

You may not feel your arms as badly because the Abdominalplasty is one of the more painful surgeries and your brain is focused more on that.

I had a lot of pain in my arms, the worst being night 2. They burned like I had laid them both on the stove for an hour. I also learned that I was allergic to the surgical adhesive and that definately contributed to my pain along with the extensive Lipo used there. But my result is extraordinary.

Next is my tummy and breasts and yesterday my grown sons and granddaughters told me I have grandma butt. Or no butt like a grandma is how they said it.....I am considering having a Brazilian Butt lift but that would be very far down the road.

Just a little background... I was sleeved 8/31/15. My HW was 349, SW- 341, CW-230lbs. I went from a 28 to a 14/16.

Initially I decided on a Tummy Tuck, brachioplasty, and bilateral thigh lift. I knew I couldn't have them all them all at the same time, so I decided to wait on my thighs until early 2017. Most of you are right, my pain is probably displaced since my abs hurt more. Most people discussed waiting 2 years post sleeve, but I always knew at 12 months out I was moving forward.

I had both procedures performed early Friday. It took about 6 hours to complete both. The surgeon removed 13lbs. Of skin from my abdomen and another 3lbs from my arms. I have been quite surprised that I haven't really felt a lot of pain in my arms, especially knowing that they were split and cut. I'm thankful, but surprised. Obviously my abdomen is very sore, but it is being managed by pain meds. I also read many boards and ordered some high quality compression garments because I plan on wearing them for a while to maximize my results. The first thing that stood out post surgery was that I could look down and see "Martha." It's been sinking since I have laid eyes on her. LOL... The first 2 days were a bit rough because I could barely move, but now everyday is getting better. I even did the stairs today! I can't wait until the swelling goes down sink can see the true results of what my 14K paid for.

was that price including hospital also how long were you in hosp