Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

LapBand Food Stages Lists Suggestions

Here's what's in my surgeon's guide:

STAGE ONE - LIQUIDS (1 Week)

- Begin taking Multivitamin (chewable Flintstones Complete is recommended)

- At least 40 grams of Protein per day

Liquids include:

- Protein drinks (made with water)

- sugar-free Gelatin

- sugar-free Popsicles

- Water/Ice

- broth

- Decaf/Unsweetened coffee

- Crystal Light

- sugar free Kool-Aid

- Diet V-8 Splash

- Diet Snapple

(No carbonated beverages)

STAGE TWO - liquid diet (2 weeks)

3 meals per day

1/4 cup per meal

Liquids between meals

Meals include:

- Cream Soups (low-fat)

- Milk (Skim or 1%)

- Sugar-Free pudding

- Yogurt (Low-fat, no sugar added)

- Thinned mashed potatoes

- Thinned Cream of Wheat

- Thinned oatmeal

Protein shakes (at least 40 grams per day)

STAGE THREE - Soft Diet (3 weeks)

3 meals per day

1/4 cup per meal

Liquids between meals

Foods include:

- Everything from Stage 1 and 2

- Ground meats, canned tuna

- cottage cheese

- low-fat cheese

- eggs (scrambled or hard cooked)

- Low-Fat refried Beans

- Grits

- Casseroles

- Canned fruit (No Syrup)

- No sugar added Applesauce

- Canned or Soft cooked veggies

Yes, I would love to have any diet/nutrition information you can give. I was bamded on 7/30 and am not happy with the dietitian we were required to see or with the meager amount of info given by the surgeon. By the way, I am having all sorts of trouble with private messages. Could you please email directly to me at komishe@sccoast.net. Also, if you feel comfortable in doing so, I would love get your phone number so I can call you and talk. I am in South Carolina and have unlimited long distance. If you would prefer to call me, email me and I will send you the phone number.

Many thanks for all your help.

Sheila

Message for scareDcat -- I would love to have whatever information you have for patients that are on solid food. I had my surgery on 7/30 at Conway Hospital in South Carolina (near Myrtle Beach). I actually attended a seminar given by the group that did your surgery in West Columbia but I felt that it was too far to travel for all the necessary pre-op and follow-up appointments and for fillls.

If you can to converse via email, send it to komishe@sccoast.net. I would love to chat with you.

Sheila

For scareDcat

I would love to have any information you have for patients that are already on solid food. I was banded on 7/30 and am eating solid foods but not sure of which ones of which quantity.

I actually attended the seminar from the group of surgeons you are going to in West Columbia and was very impressed with them, but concluded it would be too far to be going back and forth from Myrtle Beach to West Columbia for all the pre-op and follow-up and fill visits.

If you wish to communicate by email, my address is

komishe@sccoast.net.

Thanks,

Sheila

I begin eating similiar things around day 16 also, I am still nervous that I may have did some damage. How did yours turn out? I go to get my first fill the 8th. Please let me know what your doc said?

I am learning so much here. Thank you all for the information. I really want to change my eating habits now but I find it so hard to do. I have no support in the house. I have not yet been banded. I am in the research stage. I am going thu the Veterans Hospital for their Move program. If I am approved for the surgery I will have to travel from NJ to Pittisburg Pa. This is a 4-6 hour drive 1 way. Anyway I digress. The information is very helpful.

Jack. Hi I am new here 19 days post op, I just gotta comment. Regarding that Dec 2004 oatmeal cookie. I ate one on the 9th and instantly gained 2 lbs plus 2 lbs the next day too. Here it is the 19th and I am still up those 2lbs. No more Cookies for me. -

Esther

You ate a cookie 19 days after surgery??? Did it make you sick? I am afraid to deviate from the charts they gave me to follow and if I did cheat a cookie would not be at my list I hope someday I can eat Pasta again even in small amounts. Right now I am so happy for broth all the sugary stuff is getting old. Popsicles, Jello, yogurt and all. I just want some chicken noodle Soup with the noodles LOL

Bren