Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

LapBand Food Stages Lists Suggestions

One pack is plenty, even without a band. Whatever they are made with gives me severe stomach issues if a try to eat more than 1 bag. This is especially true with Pringles, wheat thins, and the Ritz snack.< /p>

One pack is plenty, even without a band. Whatever they are made with gives me severe stomach issues if a try to eat more than 1 bag. This is especially true with Pringles, wheat thins, and the Ritz snack.< /div>

I suspect the products giving you problems are made with that fat subtitute - I can't remember what it's called - you know, the no-fat fat substitute. When it first came out I remember there were a LOT of people with 'stomach issues'. Maybe not though.

Hi all,

I hope to get banded soon. (PLEASE GOD!!)

I liked the diet listed - CERTAINLY a person would lose a lot of weight during the 2 weeks on liquids and 2 weeks on mushies - this is why I don't understand people that say it took them 6 months to start to lose weight.How can this be?

Secondly, I think I could do that diet IF I felt full after my meals. Some people here complain they don't fill full though? Can anyone explain this? Isn't feeling full early the main reason for the surgery?

Thanks! Bella

Okay - thanks for the clarification.

The reason I used the word 'full' is because the literature that I've read says with the smaller stomach you will be 'full'.

So when I'm reading about people being hungry etc.. I'm wondering how that can be if your stomach is tiny and you'll already filled it up.

I'm no referring to emotional hunger here.

Bella

hi everyone my name is margaret from the uk , i just had my lap band on the 17th march 2006 , its all going well so far lost 28lbs so far, but ive got to say im starving !!!:cry so so hungry !!!!! i resorted to sniffing the leg of lamb i cooked for the dinner last week so sad lol !!! my partner caught me in the act and couldnt stop laughing !! i have another 4 weeks to wait till i see my surgeon but on the diet sheet i was given it states fluids only , but i notice some surgeouns say i could start eating mashed food at around two weeks so tempted , as i have lost quite alot of weight im wondering if mybe the band is now a little loose that is why im so hungry , any suggestions to feeling full, maybe its the fact the post op i used to eat because it smelled nice not really because i was hungry , such a huge change not to eat when i feel like it after doing it for most of my adult hood ;)

everything seems to be food food food , everywhere i go there is pictures , smells , im getting obsessed with it , i sniff everything watching telly im like aaargh food again its a nightmare , and what i would do to go for a chicken balti i wouldnt like to say !!! is it just me or does everyone go through this stage of feeling like they are going to go mad if i dont just eat something , i know it will be worth it in the long run but i didnt think i would feeling like im starving myself , i thought i was supposed to feel full !!

maybe i could try some soft scrambled eggs ??? surley they wouldnt get stuck i really feel like im ready for some much needed real food !!

ANY SUGGESTIONS OUT THERE MARG XXX :help:

Hello Marg -

Most doctors recommend liquids for a week, then mushies for a week, then soft foods, then what you can tolerate. I've got to tell you, although I think you are doing a hell of a job, I could not do the same. I'm not into suffering and therefore would not be able to do what you are doing. Soft eggs are just fine - but before you start eating, write a little plan of just would be okay for you - and then don't cross that line.

But please, relax and enjoy life, with all it's tastes and textures... Just do it smartly.

Best wishes,

hi nellie !!thanks for that will try a scambled egg later this evening got the excercise video on !! first time in 6 years ive have done real exercise its killing me lol !!

yes so true , i need to retrain my brain to know the difference between being hungry and actually just fancying putting something in my mouth , im back to work on tuesday so the days wont seem so long and will keep me occupied , started excersing and walking which i agree keeps those demons at bay , its only been just over 2 weeks so im hoping as the weeks go by and i can really see a difference it will make me more determined , not that im not already, im just finding it hard at the moment , and i obviously wont turn into a bag of bones overnight from not eating lol !!

your words are reasurring and i am taking all this info with eagerness , its so good to beable to actually talk to people who understand , i havent told anyone i have had the op , only my closest family and one friend , dont know wether that was because im scared i'll fail, or because i want to see there faces when i finally do get somewhere near my goal weight , i dont want to be judged by people i dont even know , checking me out everytime i walk out the door , its nice to keep it to yourself but then its also nice to beable to share those obsticals that i need to over come and i will do ,

marg xx

I just got approved by insurance company. I won't have surgery until June since DH and I are going on a cruise end of May. Doctor only requires 1 day of Clear Liquids before surgery. Most of you had 1-2 weeks. What do you think? Should I do a week of liquids? Did you have better results doing the liquid before?

i had to go on a low calorie diet before the op , no more than 1000 calories a day, this is basically something to do with the liver, as it holds a lot of fat , and reduces complications if you go on a 2 weeks very low calorie diet , it shrinks the liver,(well that was what i was told) ;) it has to be moved during the op , the day before the op i just had a light lunch salad , i was told not to eat or drink anything after 3am in the morning as my op was at 9am the next morning , had it at 9.30am , then was home the next morning at 7.30am felt great ,good luck marg xx:scared:

Hi everyone I thought I'd tell you a yummy mushy recipe. All it is is 3oz of part skim ricotta cheese with 1/4 cup of motzerella and 3 tbs of tomatoe sauce. Put in the microwave for 60 seconds its sooooooooooooooo good. The cheese has 7 g of Protein and the ricotta has 6 and the sauce 2. Its o good I have been living off of it.:clap2:

Dylansmom, thank you so much for this posting. I am 6 days post op and just trying to figure out what to eat each day. This is a tremendous help !

I am 5 days out of surgery. I am on clear liquids for 2 weeks, Water, broth, gatorade, ect. no grapfruit, orange, or anything with pulp in it. I am allowed sugar free Jello. Then anything you can suck through a straw for 4 weeks. Then certain foods are ok but not red meat and things like that.

im coming to the 6th week now and find i can now eat most things , the only thing there is no way i can eat , or maybe is because i have made a decision to totally cut is out of my diet is ,white bread, white Pasta , and white rice , white bread was the worst thing for me i could quite easily eat a whole loaf with butter on throughout the day , if it was freshly baked , i can eat rivita now , with extra light cream cheese , red peppers and a tiny squirt of extra light salad cream lol !!!never thought i would say it but i really enjoy it , i dont really eat potateos now either,im totally trying to make a life changing style of the way i eat ,,i think its these changes that will really make the difference , i still occaisionally forget to chew , which is horrible, (and my jaw aches lol )