Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

LapBand Food Stages Lists Suggestions

Ok, about those "milk shakes, thinned", are those regular milk shakes or home made with skim milk? I'm desperate for some Protein, I hate milk, YUK, the thought of drinking a Protein shake makes me ill, although, even though I hate milk, I do like milk shakes. Any suggestions on how to make a healthy shake without that Protein taste.

Thank goodness I can have Jello now. Had a popsicle (sugar free) today and thought I'd gone to heaven.

ps Anybody tried that "bullet" blender they advertise on tv?

Pat, check with Leatha. I think she had some fruit flavored Protein Powder (mixed w/water?). Have you tried the premixed Atkins canned drinks? They're pretty good and convenient. A can has 20 grams of Protein. You only need to get in 60 grams a day. When I do the unflavored protein powder, I use fat-free milk, and add fruit (fresh banana, frozen strawberries, blueberries, and/or peaches, etc.). Just don't put in too much fruit or it gets too thick (and too hard for a new bandster to drink). Hood's Low Carb comes in a delicious chocolate flavor and is ready-mixed.

Pat,

I agree with Marie. Hood's has some awesome stuff. I also had some Dannon Light & Fit and loved them a lot too!!!!! I tried Nouriche, but didn't like the flavor of those, although you may.

My doc said no homemade smoothies or shakes, but every doc is different. Keep up the great work!!!

P.S. I saw those bullet things on TV too and wanted one!!! Don't they look awesome!!!

Each doctor has his own diet to follow. It is strange how each one is different. I was told I could have coffee, in fact they even served it to me in the hospital. I would suggest that each of you follow your own doctors rules.

Hey Kelly Girl,

We had our company Christmas party last night, and the guys that work for me gave me "the bullet", I'll let you know how it works after I try it.

Jack,

I added all of the solid stage info to the list today. I agree with Betty though. You should definately follow whatever your surgeon tells you, even if it is different than my list. I posted this for a reference/guidline purpose only, and recommed that everyone follow their doctor's orders.

Good luck with your surgery tomorrow!!! ~Kelly

Could we make this sticky please? Or if not, can we have a new thread with the types of foods that belong in each catagory that is a sticky? I think the list that Dylansmom posted is great, and very important for those of us who are either not yet banded, or are recentlly banded. I also understand that some people consider Jello clear liquid and others do not.

Also, how do you get your Protein in when on Clear liquids? Or is this not a consideration at this point?

This thread is a sticky now. I did add "Suggestions" to the title because it's an excellent list - especially since there seem to be several Bandsters that aren't given a guideline to go by. But if your band surgeon has given you specific rules, please follow them carefully.

HI,

My dr. and nutrionist told me that lite jllo was a good source of protien and to start eating it from day three on but to make certain that I liquify it in my mouth before swollowing. When I learned that I had to take Vitamins, calicum and B12 I found liquid vitamins and B12 thin strips which made taking these supplements much easier that the Calcium. Hope this isi helpful.

To Dylansmom, thank you for the great advice on food suggestions. I just got off the liquids, and started pureed for lunch. Had surgery 3/22/05. Any other food ideas to puree? I have the Magic Blender, and I love it.

Roseann