Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved on 10/6, as well. My gas pain is still in my shoulders. Very tight and painful! I'm able to walk around really well. I can keep liquids down but I don't want it. I'm trying! Today is the first day I feel human. Yesterday I felt like crap.

Sent from my SM-G925P using the BariatricPal App

Ok @@Color83 don't screw this up - follow the recommendations - yes you COULD CHEAT AND BE OK - or could go wrong - but you won't loose what you want - cheating helped get you here like many of us so please go with the plan. If you go fast you will be hungry more then eat more and BANG back to square one.. Go slow - being a paramedic and really into Anatomy and physiology you can good this up - heck my goal is to take a poop (sorry all but I haven't pooped since Monday and I have IBS so that is odd)

Go slow - eat slow - don't NOT get your protien in as your body will eat muscle and then you get more fat... You all can do this - please go slow and follow the plan - we have todo this slow and together..... I don't have much support at home but who cares as I'm doing this for ME - if you are doing this for someone else you will not be as successful. Inbox me with questions and I will try and answer or find it. Watch what you read out there as a lot of bad info.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Also the gas pain we all are describing really is intestinal gas pain it the CO2 used to inflate our abdomin. They get most of it out but can't get it all. The gas bubbles get up against our diaphragm which as the I believe the C4 nerve Phrenic nerve that also goes to our left shoulder. So the pain you have there is really referred pain. Moving And walking will help. I also found that a warm moist compress helped some. It increases blood flow so more absorption. Gas pain is way worse then surgical IMO..... Keep going gang

@@paramedic I am following my doctors orders...as for right now my focus is not Protein it getting my liquids in.... I can slowly drink about 3 medicine caps of Water before feeling fullness. I have no hunger pains or appetite for that matter and ive been getting my walking in....what took me for a loop is that I real underestimated the amount of pain I would be in from the gas....it did go into my shoulders that much it went all into my lower abdomen....I felt like I was having a natural childbirth with no epidural in sight....for what ever reason my doctor does not prescribed pain meds in the hospital...but as of today I'm doing fine.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using the BariatricPal App

@@jesse10616 I think that why my doctor didn't prescribe pain meds in the hospital because they don't help with the gas pain...

No, they don't. I have a one year old at home. I'm trying to wean myself off the meds so I can wake up and spend time with the baby. If the gas pain went away, I would be good!

Different NUTs give you different plans. Stick to what they've given you. Don't let anyone tell you you should be eating this amount of Protein etc if YOUR NUT doesn't tell you to.

Hey everybody....this thing took me for a loop...but I am doing good...sleeved on the 6th and today was the first day I was able to get any liquid down on my own...ia really REALLY underestimated the gas...I really did. I have a high pain tolerance, but day oone I was in debilitating pain....my doctor did not prescribed ANY pain medication while in the hospital... Only 2 steroids for swelling and inflammation and the first steroid I was given had no affect the what so ever... The nurse lost gas dropped that was delivered by the hospital pharmacy ... Wasn't given thing that helped my pain until 6pm and I was out of surgery since 8:30am....I was able to get up and walk day later that evening once after my pain subsided, but haven't been able to drink anything until today do to nausea....almost had to stay an extra day in the hospital, but had to get the f#ck out of there...so the doctor call me a prescription in for nausea and I went home last night and have been doing pretty good on fluid....I feel no hunger what so ever...for now...my doctor said my surgery went very well...he said technically i am supposed to be on Clear liquids but he's not stupid so he said give my self a few days to heal and from there I can start experimenting with food but take it easy....I still have gas, it's bearable, it's on my left side and I'm only able to burb it up I can't fart to save my life...if I could I believe the gas would be over with....any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

The gas is the worst part, bar none. I couldn't get the type of Gas X that dissolves on your tongue, so I got chewables I've been sucking on.

This is gross, but vomiting will bring up the gas. Obviously food won't come up, just Water and foam. That was the only thing that helped me a few times as the pain was so bad.