Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fashion advice

thanks everyone. I'm liking the silver shoes. And the Spanx are a must.

so here's a weird question, is there anything I can do to make my legs look better? I will obviusly shave, exfoliate, and moisturize but is there anything else I can do? Maybe a tinted moisturizer or something?

Silver shoes would look nice and they go with everything so it's good investment.

There is an incredible leg product and it's astoundingly cheap. The Sally Hansen spray on pantyhose. I have fair skin and use the light glow shade. I never in my LIFE thought I would be in love with a drugstore spray on product because I am a total snob, but it is a holy grail. It makes your legs so smooth and even. Just be careful to apply it (although it is way easier to apply than self tanner.

It does shade you though, so make sure you blend it through to your feet. If I'm wearing sandals I just put it all over the top and back of my feet as well.

I have so many friends who use it. It's mind blowing.

sally-hansen-spray.jpg

I think a bright color one would be good! Add a pop of color. I wore a nave dress to a wedding I went to this summer and wore hot pink shoes for colorattachicon.gifImageUploadedByBariatricPal1470365686.254643.jpg

love the pink shoes! you look great.

@@higher

Thank you!!!!

and thank you so much everyone. For the first time I am actually not dreading going to a wedding. (except for the part where my family is going to learn about my impending divorce)

so would it be petty if after I got all dressed up and the hair was done if I sent a pic to my soon to be ex husband to show him what he's missing? He hasn't seen me in 100 lbs

Maybe a little petty....but totally human!

And relatable.

How are you going to do your hair? Are you a brunette?

This is fun...we should have more fashion threads.

@@higher

Thank you!!!!

and thank you so much everyone. For the first time I am actually not dreading going to a wedding. (except for the part where my family is going to learn about my impending divorce)

so would it be petty if after I got all dressed up and the hair was done if I sent a pic to my soon to be ex husband to show him what he's missing? He hasn't seen me in 100 lbs

Even better if someone else sends it! Have a wonderful time!!! Forget the EX!

I love the Sally Hanson spray hose! I'm very pale though, so the lightest shade is still a little obvious on me if I don't apply it right. My girlfriend's husband does auto body work, so she knew how to spray it in a far-away mist so I didn't look like a weird Barbie doll with fake legs.

Definitely get a friend to spray you outside, at least 3 feet away, in a circular mist. And, yes, do the tops of toes and exfoliate/shave beforehand for best results. It's cool stuff!

And relatable.

I have dark reddish brown hair. My plan is to straighten it and then put some big curls in it and pin up the sides. I will be practicing this weekend.

After all this I will post a picture from the wedding :)

So I never wear dresses or girly things and this might be a stupid question

what do I do with a clutch when sitting at the table? When I get up I can leave it on the chair, but when seated where does it go?

this is all such new ground for me. I never cared about makeup or dresses or shoes. Oh god I have to buy shoes.

EDIT:

what do you guys think of this one. I don't want to spend a fortune

https://www.amazon.com/Damara-Pleated-Crystal-Studded-Handbag-Evening/dp/B00ORM7VMM/ref=cts_sh_1_vtp

LOVE this and the price is unbeatable!!!.

Can't wait to see the end result!!!

That purse is exactly the matronly kind of bag I was recommending against BUT! My opinion is irrelevant if you like it, because if you like it you will rock it with confidence.

I love people's responses! I think that is a fun clutch, it looks cute in the silver and the champagne colors. Too bad they don't have a pink to match those shoes.

If you have a charming Charlie store nearby, that might be a place to check out. Their accessories are fun and don't break the bank.

Way to go and hope you have a blast!

Petty, hell, yes. And what's wrong with "petty," I should like to know?

Seriously, it is petty and, as someone already said, quite human, gloriously, dizzyingly human. Since it's been a while since you've seen your husband, would you have a legitimate reason to send him a photo? That would work better for your head-highness, I think. If not, does someone else who'll be at the wedding have contact with him? I understand the temptation, but I'm wondering if you might feel even better if you let the idea go -- lower the level of importance he has in your day-to-day thoughts and functioning.

Hell, send me the picture and I'll get it to him!

I guess I'm torn on the issue.

Anyway, back to important things. Your dress is pretty, very nice choice. Silver sandals will do it. While you're shoe-shopping, also consider champagne or pewter, whether sandals, slingbacks or open-toed. I'd prefer something that shows at least some foot, sexier than a closed shoe. If you choose open-toed, hope for a pair that shows some toe "cleavage." Lots of people, including men people, think it looks sexy.

You'll be a dancing queen.

Edited by WLSResources/ClothingExch

And relatable.

I have dark reddish brown hair. My plan is to straighten it and then put some big curls in it and pin up the sides. I will be practicing this weekend.

After all this I will post a picture from the wedding :)

You better send a picture!