Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

We are the TENaciousTENS!

Hello! I was banded on 10/9. I was 303 lbs when I started, lost down to 289 during my pre-op diet (about 3 weeks of "normal" food just really watched portion size) and am now at 280. Goal is 150, would love to hit 140 (my college weight). I'm at the soft food stage now on my Physician's plan. I am doing most normal activities, just no lifting of anything heavier than a gallon of milk.

No one knows that I had surgery except my hubby. He is an angel and very supportive so I am lucky. I returned to work on the Monday after my surgery. My only real complaints have been serious shoulder pain which I assume has been gas and some foot cramps. My energy isn't back to normal yet but is getting there. I am so glad I found this site!!

Hi, was banded on the 19th I'm feeling weak and light headed plus i have a sore throat and cough. do you think this is from anesthesia? I'm down 6 pounds

Yes vfran, it is most likely from the anesthesia. You should be just fine in a day or two. If you should start to feel worst or you develope a fever be sure to call your surgeon. Welcome to bandland!

I'm back from my vacation to California and Tijuana! I had my surgery on 10/18 with Dr. Lopez Corvala and spent two nights at the hospital, one night at the Camino Real hotel in Tijuana, spent all day shopping there and spent waaaay too much money! Then I went to San Diego to spend a night at the Paradise Point Resort.

I haven't had any pain, no gas pains, no suture pain, nothing. I have had some diarrhea so I've been stopping that by taking Imodium. I'm back at work today and feeling very good, except tired, like I just took a vacation! I'm very pleased with my surgery, my doctor, the hospital, everything!

I went into surgery at 241 lbs. I haven't weighed since the 18th and don't want to weigh until another week goes by. I'm so glad I had this done and so far, I wouldn't trade it for anything!

Tonight I'm going to add some pictures and stuff to my journal. :whoo:

Hi, was banded on the 19th I'm feeling weak and light headed plus i have a sore throat and cough. do you think this is from anesthesia? I'm down 6 pounds

My anesthesiologist and surgeon told me that they would be putting a tube down my throat while I was under general anesthesia. The surgeon also told me he inserts a camera down the throat to check the stoma internally to make sure everything looks okay. He said that my throat would most likely be sore for a few days because of that.... and it was. But is much better now. I'm 5 days post-op and doing GREAT! Take care! ~Tina:)

Hello October Banders,

I'm a Ten too, I guess! (It's funny because my MSN.com Game Zone username is "Ten_of_10". Play Spades or Hearts? That's me!) I leave tomorrow to go to Tijuana, as my insurance policy has an exclusion on such procedures. Isn't that crazy when obesity is an epidemic in the country? They really need to catch up, but who didn't already know that, right? :) Just ask Hillary Clinton.

My good friend will be with me in Tijuana, too. She was banded there back in August. We've been watching the fires in San Diego, but Dr. Valenzuela says "come on down".

I'm in that pre-op fasting stage now and was quite nervous about it at first, but five days in and I have been able to pull it off. A stressful workday on Monday threatened to do me in, but I survived. The success of my pre-op fasting and all the information I've gathered helps me to feel confident about this new change in my life. I have lost this weight twice before (in OA), stayed at my goal for a nanosecond, and when life hit me hard I climbed right back up again. I am excited to return to my small clothes and mobility, that's for sure! But I know from experience that it will take me at least 10 months to get to my goal weight, a full 100 pounds from here. No doubt lots of emotional changes and learning will occur in between. I am now devoted to reducing stress in my life and finding new means to cope with it when it appears. Is anybody else reading Christiane Northrup's "The Wisdom of Menopause"? I swear she and I are living parallel lives. Oprah says she keeps that book and the bible on her nightstand. It really is quite good, and I recommend it to anyone else about to turn 50 big ones.

I'm very glad to have this forum to read and write about this experience. I'm not a joiner, generally, but this has indeed been very helpful.

Blessings of peace and robust health to each one,

DrPhil

:( on my way....!

Holly,

Where are you getting your fills in OR? I'm in Springfield.... Will your fill doc do Mexico banders? How much does s/he charge?

MP

Hey Tenacious TENS!

I'm glad to be a part of this group!! I just got banded on Thursday, 10/18 and it's been interesting to say the least!

I think the ONE thing I was not expecting was the emotional aspect of all this. I was prepared physically and I thought mentally, but I'm finding that food was truly a 'mood enhancer' for me. Take that away and WOW!

I'm working (struggling) through that, reaching deep to be patient and not get frustrated and/or discouraged. Took a while to put all this weight on (again and again), so it will take awhle to get it off!

Very happy to see a support group here, this lapbandtalk is VERY helpful to me!

Good luck to all the others out there!! :clap2:

Becky :ranger:

weight.png

Hi everyone,

I dont know if I am allowed to join the group but I just got banded on Tuesday the 16th. I have lost 10 pounds so far and I am doing really well. I'm very excited about this ne journey!

Hi everyone,

I dont know if I am allowed to join the group but I just got banded on Tuesday the 16th. I have lost 10 pounds so far and I am doing really well. I'm very excited about this ne journey!

Did you have to do a pre-op diet? How is post-op diet faring and what did your doctor advise?

Hi "CHILD OF YESHUA". Yeah, I did the pre-op diet and lost only 1 pound..kinda cheated....but post op I've been really good and stuck to the diet...liquids all the way baby..but i start mushies next tuesday and boy..I CAN'T wait to eat some oatmeal, mashed potatoes etc but for now I'm enjoying climbing the scale for once...Now I need to start using my gym membership..lol...:heh:

I was banded Oct. 3 and I go back to have my band filled on Nov. 19, 2007. Can anyone tell me how things changed or if things change after they got their first fill?

Hi October banders....I'm Maureen. I was just banded on Friday. It's Tuesday, 10/30, and I'm resting at home today. Could anyone tell me how to attached a ticker to my postings? I went to ticker.com and created one, but I don't understand how to link it to my postings.

Peace to one and all,

MP