Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Iowa sleevers?

Fran how are you? How's your journey going?

Pam so glad you are home. Hope your healing continues to be smooth sailing.

Mindi in Waterloo

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Mindi and nana

I am doing well. Its been 4 months...down 70 pounds. For 98% of the time i am so happy that i did this. For the other 2% of the time i have moments when I just want to eat or drink normally again. I dont worry about anything right now except getting my head right. I get all my Protein in...even if i have to eat tuna 5 days a week. I take my Vitamins and drink 80 oz of Water every day. I walk 3-5 days a week. I want to ramp up my exercise but it is difficult with kids and work. So overall its just my life now. I dont worry about going out to eat or the holidays. I just stick to my plan and keep working on the mental piece as i have a lot to learn about myself!

Hey all...how's everyone doing in the wonderful cold and yucky weather? Was super glad to have Abbie at the meeting last night. Wonderful information and love when everyone gets to talk.

Hope you all are staying warm and getting your Protein and Water in.

Mindi in Waterloo

I'm so glad to hear you ladies are doing good. I love that we are all at different stages so we could get different views on our journeys. Stay warm all.

I need to ask for prayers if you don't mind. Not surgery related... my older sister has had leukemia for 8 years, she was in remission for a long time...but last year her cancer was active again. She's gone through so much. She has 2 sons ages 13 and 8. My mom and younger sister are taking care of them. Recently she has gone through a muscle deterioration that has caused the hospital to place her in a nursing home permanently. After numerous attempts at physical therapy, they said she has no hope for recovery. She's not even able to feed herself at this point. I'm so scared she's just going to give up. My mom is going to raise her kids. My nephews have been through so much with this. I'm going down there to Missouri for a week to help the family pack up my sisters house, and moms house to get them moved to a place that can be big enough for the boys and mom and my younger sister. Please pray for my sisters recovery. I'm not convinced this is it for her. I believe in my heart she doesn't want to leave her babies. She's only 44. There just has to be more. I'm worried about making this trip in bad road conditions, but I also don't want to miss spending time with her.

On a good note I get to meet my new grandson and see my granddaughter. Yay me.

Mindi in Waterloo

Sending healing prayers for your sister. Drive safe Mindi

I went to the Dr today and they told me I was losing weight to fast. Maria said I was losing weight like a 500lb patient would. So they added 1%milk and unsweetened apple sauce.

Damn cancer

Sent from my SM-J320V using the BariatricPal App

Holy smokes Pam. Adding the milk to Protein and having the applesauce will slow you down some. That's a good thing. But congrats on the weight loss. You better keep bundled up so you don't turn into a popsicle.

Mindi in Waterloo