Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How sore was your abdomen?

I was banded on Aug 13. I am doing great. I could have gone back to work 4 days after. I am 9 days out. If I twist funny I have some stinging in my port site. Other than that, I am awesome!!

I also had a c-section. This is a piece of cake comparatively... I am a week out now and the biggest pain I have is gas pain in my left shoulder - am ready to amputate. I went shopping today to costco and to grocery store and got really tired out. I'm not sleeping super well - maybe some general discomfort in my belly keeps waking me.. I found out I've been eating the wrong stuff post op - so that's probably to blame....

I work from home and if I had to go into an office I could do it, but I think I'd be wiped by the end of the day.

I had my surgery on a Tuesday, and said goodbye to the painkillers Wednesday afternoon. I would say I was feeling good by Sunday, but all in all I it was not too bad. I didn't have any of the gas pain I have read about, and I was REALLY gald about that.

Jim

Hi Jim, I just had my surgery this past Tuesday. That day I was feeling great. I barely felt anything. Then I realized it was because of the shot in the stomach. The next day I woke up and felt like I had been hit in the stomach! My stomach hurts when I move. I have been drinking the painkiller stuff and it seems to be better. I still hurt tho and it's Friday. I am hoping by Sunday I will be my old self again. Its hard to move or do anything with my stomach (walk, lift my dogs) because of the pain. I guess today it feels better tho. I haven't had any painkiller because I finished it already. I am just trying not to over exert myself. I have been having a lot of gas pains in my shoulder. I think I lost one pound today, which is exciting since I think I gained at least 5 pounds during the surgery. But I think its just because I am all swolen from surgery and it will go down. Hopefully I will be like you and be better by Sunday! I have put off all plans for this week till then. happy.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigHarleyGuy viewpost.gif

I had my surgery on a Tuesday, and said goodbye to the painkillers Wednesday afternoon. I would say I was feeling good by Sunday, but all in all I it was not too bad. I didn't have any of the gas pain I have read about, and I was REALLY gald about that.

Jim

I think it varies by doctor. My doctor put me on Optifast for a week before but I had a hard time sticking to it. Its really hard knowing you will have your stomach banded and not wanting to get some last minute eating in!

im just curious..how long before the surgery are you supposed to be on the liquid preop diet?? whats the best preop diet so far??

I have been banded since Tuesday 9-11 and there is a lot of pain in my side. I have the painkillers, but after 2 days Im tired of bring drugged up, so I haven't taken it again since this morning. I hear walking around helps, so i have been mobile, but yesterday after doing some grocry shopping, I started getting spasmic pain, and have to rush home. It does seem to be subsiding some.

I had 2 c sections and there was no comparison for me. I never even used

pain meds with my lap band surgery. I know that most people don't have as easy of a time as I did, but I honestly wouldn't have known I had surgery other than there were little marks on my tummy.

I kept a heating pad on my left shoulder because everyone told me to, and that would be where I would have pain.

I kept waiting to be in pain, and never was.

I hope you have an easy recovery!