Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Gastric Sleeve Pre-OP Requirements

Wow! Look at all these Birmingham peeps! Nice to meet you all. It would be cool if we all kept in touch and were each others' support system.

I had my Cardiac Evaluation today. It went very well! I was surprised that the bike test wasn't as hard as I expected. The hardest part is the last 2 minutes. How is everyone in B'ham doing so far? :)

Wow! Look at all these Birmingham peeps! Nice to meet you all. It would be cool if we all kept in touch and were each others' support system.

I had my Cardiac Evaluation today. It went very well! I was surprised that the bike test wasn't as hard as I expected. The hardest part is the last 2 minutes. How is everyone in B'ham doing so far? :)

I'm just counting down the days until the 18th. That's my last PCP appt. Then I wait for my insurance approval. And in the middle of all of this, we are trying to sell our house. As much as I want to sell it, I sure hope I'm not packing boxes while trying to recover from surgery!

I'm just counting down the days until the 18th. That's my last PCP appt. Then I wait for my insurance approval. And in the middle of all of this, we are trying to sell our house. As much as I want to sell it, I sure hope I'm not packing boxes while trying to recover from surgery!

Yay! Come on, July 18th! :D Oh, wow... Selling a house can be stressful. I hope you're not over-working yourself.

I'm trying to find a new car. So far, I'm not having very good luck. My tag hasn't come in yet, so Driver's Way won't write be a check for my old car. My blood pressure was 122/86 yesterday, which is good, but it's high for me. My BP is usually between 97/76 - 110-80. So, I know I'm stressed. x_x

Yay! Come on, July 18th! :D Oh, wow... Selling a house can be stressful. I hope you're not over-working yourself.

I'm trying to find a new car. So far, I'm not having very good luck. My tag hasn't come in yet, so Driver's Way won't write be a check for my old car. My blood pressure was 122/86 yesterday, which is good, but it's high for me. My BP is usually between 97/76 - 110-80. So, I know I'm stressed. x_x

Nah, I try not to get too stressed. I just try to think ahead to post-surgery day when I will be sipping my meals from the little cups that my salad dressing used to come in!

Nah, I try not to get too stressed. I just try to think ahead to post-surgery day when I will be sipping my meals from the little cups that my salad dressing used to come in!

Right?! I can't wait until I'm satisfied by tiny meals, lol! There are times when I see eating as a chore, and then by dinner time, I'm starving! I'm so excited to get this under control! :D

I'm seeing Dr Miles at AWLS too! Just gotta get my cardiac clearance and then get a surgery date. My consult was June 27, anyone else that day, too?

Sent from my XT1585 using the BariatricPal App

Mine was that day! :D

How cool! We're you sitting in a corner by chance? I was along the wall near the column in the lobby. I got my cardiac clearance this afternoon. Just waiting for the word to reach the office and hopefully a date soon after! How are you doing? Good news back after Dr made the call for you?

Sent from my XT1585 using BariatricPal mobile app

Just wanted to shout out as another Miles patient! I went for the first time in September of last year, found out after getting all of my pre-op done that I also needed 6 month weight loss study, so I just finished that a couple of weeks ago and should get everything sent in to them Monday or Tuesday, then off to insurance! I plan to pester the shit out of Sonny until everything gets submitted! So cool to find so many other folks using AWLS and Dr. Miles!

Sent from my LG-H901 using the BariatricPal App

How cool! We're you sitting in a corner by chance? I was along the wall near the column in the lobby. I got my cardiac clearance this afternoon. Just waiting for the word to reach the office and hopefully a date soon after! How are you doing? Good news back after Dr made the call for you?

Sent from my XT1585 using BariatricPal mobile app

Yes I was! I was the short girl with the red t-shirt asking all the questions, lol! I was with my mom. She came with me because she was so against the surgery at first. After we left, she was convinced that I needed it. I think I remember you. We're you with your husband? I think I saw you sitting next to the wall closest to the entrance door of the room. I remember you smiling at me. :)

Congrats on your cardiac clearance! I got my surgery date very soon. They actually got me approved 8 days after that first appointment. I am now on my 3rd day of the liquid diet. So far, it's not as hard as I expected. I'm obviously hungry, but I'm not completely miserable. My surgery date is August 4th. :D

How are you doing? :)

Just wanted to shout out as another Miles patient! I went for the first time in September of last year, found out after getting all of my pre-op done that I also needed 6 month weight loss study, so I just finished that a couple of weeks ago and should get everything sent in to them Monday or Tuesday, then off to insurance! I plan to pester the **** out of Sonny until everything gets submitted! So cool to find so many other folks using AWLS and Dr. Miles!

This is too cool! I'm meeting so many people who are using him. What made you all start using this site? I was just needing a support forum of some sort, and I stumbled upon this site. :)

Kind of the same. I just finished my weight loss study and decided to do some more serious research on insurance approval stories. Mostly it gives me stress. I have a great support system in my family and husband, but it's so nice to read things from people who have already had surgery, and provide support to folks who are just starting. I honestly wish that I had found this forum 6 months ago so maybe I would have done better in my study. I kind of botched it, went up and down 3 lbs over and over again, followed my docs instructions but the weight just wouldn't come off. I'm super nervous my insurance is going to deny me again.

Anyway, I'm very glad that I DID find this site, it's been very therapeutic knowing I'm not the only person who has gone through this, and that some people actually have more trouble than I have ????

Kind of the same. I just finished my weight loss study and decided to do some more serious research on insurance approval stories. Mostly it gives me stress. I have a great support system in my family and husband, but it's so nice to read things from people who have already had surgery, and provide support to folks who are just starting. I honestly wish that I had found this forum 6 months ago so maybe I would have done better in my study. I kind of botched it, went up and down 3 lbs over and over again, followed my docs instructions but the weight just wouldn't come off. I'm super nervous my insurance is going to deny me again.

Anyway, I'm very glad that I DID find this site, it's been very therapeutic knowing I'm not the only person who has gone through this, and that some people actually have more trouble than I have

Why would your insurance not approve you for the way you did on your weight loss study? I thought you just had to see a doctor about your weight for several months regardless of how much you lose. Every insurance is probably different in that aspect.

Me too! This site has been so helpful! :D

Some people say that (depending on insurance) if you don't lose, they will deny you. Generally my insurance BCBSIL doesn't require a weight loss study at all, but my specific plan, through my dad's employer, does. I haven't been able to get any hard info on what they're requirements are. My doc said that they just want to see you try and see if you will drop out of wanting surgery. I'm just afraid that they will say that I DIDN'T try and deny me. It's been giving me a lot of stress since I'm already done with it and there's nothing I can do about it now. I just don't want to have to do all of my appointments again and another study. I think I would seriously cry for days.