Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Countown is at 9 days...27 June is my date!

I got my surgery date a little over a week ago, then immediately had preop bloodwork done -11 vials of blood taken! I began the phase II diet this past Monday and while I am sick of Protein shakes I'm amazed how I am not craving anything to eat and no sweets at all. I got so sick of vanilla, strawberry banana, and chocolate Protein Shakes that I decided to get creative with vanilla and started adding it to my coffee (cold) with a few ice cubes in my blender and it is wonderful!

I am so very excited and terrified at the same time right now, which is why I came searching for message boards. My husband tries to understand but he doesn't really know what I'm going through. He is very supportive and I love that and he won't eat in the house. I told him it's okay - people eat at work all day so it's not bothering me, but he is trying to be supportive in every way he can.

This coming Wednesday I have my full pre-op day starting with the last visit with my surgeon prior to surgery the following Monday, then a metabolism test to use as the baseline for future tests, and an afternoon with my favorite Nutritionist to learn the phases of eating post surgery. I had decided to do my three month, insurance required supervised diet with the surgeon's nutritionist and she is amazing so I'm happy the class is with her. I am bringing my husband with me so he understands a little more. The surgeon who is doing my gastric bypss, Dr. T. Kim at Celebration Hospital in Florida is amazing and requires that everyone having surgery must first attend at least one support group session and then at least one per month post- surgery. I will probably take hubby to the first one post op so he can see what others feel and say.

Well, off to keep myself busy so I am not thinking about anything. I've been crocheting granny squares for a volunteer group at work and doing laundry today so that's keeping me busy. Just nine days to go!

Good luck on your upcoming surgery.

My surgery date is the 27th too!!!! Im really struggling with this diet :( my husbands really supportive but its still hard. What surgery are you getting? I wish you luck!!

*_[ God bless ]_*

I'm getting the RNY. I thought I would struggle with the phase II diet but I am surprised that I haven't cheated- except for a bite of my husband's egg and bacon wrap from Wawa that he brought home yesterday morning. But i figured one bite won't hurt me. I think I'm not struggling as much because I now realize I will be able to enjoy food in moderation in the future.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

My husband has been with me throughout all meetings also. I think it does help to have them on board. We start our 4 week nutrition classes this thursday. He is a diabetic so it can only help him. His sugar numbers have improved so much since we have started our journey. I'm hoping for an Aug date. Can't wait to begin life again and be my old self. Looking forward to be able to move more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using the BariatricPal App

Two days to go! Getting really nervous now but so ready to get my surgery over so I can get on with my new life.

Good luck to you as well. I woke up nervous today. It's going to either be a long day or it'll fly by way too fast.

Only one hour and fifteen minutes left to eat my salad and drink Protein shake and eat yogurt! Then the nerves settle in as I drink my 8 bottles of Water. I have some work to finish before I'm out on medical leave tomorrow so that should keep me busy. I'm an early riser so I'm worried since I don't have to be at the hospital until 830am.

I was discharged yesterday afternoon; however, I was up most of the night vomiting up the little bit of fluids that are in my pouch. My surgeon called in some zofran and for the next 2 hours (it was 4 total) I am not to swallow anything. So rough day but I'm feeling positive.

I was discharged yesterday afternoon; however, I was up most of the night vomiting up the little bit of fluids that are in my pouch. My surgeon called in some zofran and for the next 2 hours (it was 4 total) I am not to swallow anything. So rough day but I'm feeling positive.

Hope the Zofran works and you're feeling better very soon!

They actually called phenergan in for me and it worked well. I am getting all my fluids and Vitamins and ready for puréed foods to begin next Tuesday!!