Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1200 calorie pre-op diet

Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone else's Doctor is allowing them to eat? My surgery is scheduled for two weeks from today, so I'm starting the pre-op diet. But I keep hearing that I should be on a liquid diet... Getting a little nervous lol. My doctor put me on a 1200 calorie diet with one Protein shake to substitute a meal. Anyone else?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone else's Doctor is allowing them to eat? My surgery is scheduled for two weeks from today, so I'm starting the pre-op diet. But I keep hearing that I should be on a liquid diet... Getting a little nervous lol. My doctor put me on a 1200 calorie diet with one Protein shake to substitute a meal. Anyone else?

Just follow your surgeon's directions. Not everyone e has a liquid diet for pre-op. I didn't.

that may be all they require from you except the night before surgery.

I did not have a two week liquid diet before surgery.

are you getting excited as the date gets closer?

Thanks! That makes me feel much better.

I think I switch from excited to nervous on a day-by-day basis lol. Starting the pre-op diet has made it more "real" which freaked me out for a moment, but today, I'm excited.

Then again, it's only my first day on the meal plan lol.

I had no preop diet outside of Clear Liquids the day before surgery. Now I did adjust what I was eating and starting eating healthier on my own but nothing required. I was fine and have had no issues.

My doc uses 1,000 calories for the 2 weeks pre-op -- two shakes and one meal of grilled lean Protein and low carb veggies. I've been on 1200 since I started with the practice on May 11 and I'm down 13 pounds already -- I eat every day. For me, I'll be no food after midnight the day before surgery. The biggest thing for me was cutting down on my caffeine. I'm still working on that.

I started my pre-op diet a week ago: 2 Protein shakes and one meal with lean meat and salad. Additional veggies were allowed if needed (I didn't need them). Today starts the clear liquid phase of my pre-op diet. 8 days of it. Yay me! :)

My days will looks like this (hopefully):

22g Protein shake in the morning (mixed with half "diet" juice and half coconut Water

10g Protein bone broth 2 hours later

22g Protein Shake for lunch (just coconut water)

15g protein 2 0 Water 2 hours after that

22g protein shake for dinner (not sure what I'm going to mix it with but it has to be clear)

In between all that I drink one 32oz Powerade zero for the electrolytes and have to figure out how to fit in my gallon of water I usually drink a day. Something tells me I may only hit 1/2 gallon a day for the next week. :)

I don't have a pre-op diet. Clear liquids day before surgery - that's it.

I started my 2 week pre opp yesterday. Full liquid diet. not happy.

1200 Calories

3-4 Protein shakes a day

2 Yogurts a day

2 cups pureed Soup

1 cup broth

1 cup sugar free Jello.....

I have read several topics, and others can eat more normally, chicken , veggies, etc.