Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Proper restriction

I had my surgery about 15 months ago. I lost about 25 pounds with the first fill, then after losing that weight lost restriction. I've been horrible about going back to get re-filled as appropriate. For about 7 months I've been at a plateau. I feel like I've sort of wasted the benefits of the surgery by not getting fills regularly.

I'm scheduled to get another fill next week--hoepfully it'll give me restriction--but I just hope I haven't screwed myself by not going full speed ahead with the fills. I am worried my metabolism may have slowed down and now I won't lose weight as quickly as I did in the beginning. I still would like to lose about 40 more pounds, ideally (although I'd be happy with another 25).

Anybody have this experience? Lost a bunch at first, didn't get fills for months and months (no restriction), then start up again? Have any success?

Get the fill and that should do the trick. I don't think there's any medical reason why you won't lose just as quickly as you would have if you'd gotten filled when you first lost restriction. I think it's more of a motivation thing, meaning that docs say to be super diligent about fills in the first year so that you take advantage of your motivation to lose weight. My guess is you're going to lose again once you get that fill.

If you use the band properly and get fills as you are supposed to you won't likely be a slow loser.

If you look on the Lap Band Support thread you'll see lots of others are slow to lose and likely for the same reason.

The beauty of the band is that it's always there, ready to help you. Get a fill, lose some weight and see if that doesn't inspire you to continue. We're always here to cheer your efforts.

Hi,I was just wondering how much food do you eat at a meal! I've had my second fill already and curious about how to lose weight faster.Are you exercising alot?

I was just banded a week ago. I am on stage 2 foods, non-clear liquids. I'm tolerating oatmeal, yogurt, creamy Soups, fruit smoothies, you name it. I am only eating about 1/2 to 1 cup of these 4 times per day. I did add a SF popsicle to my diet today. I feel like I should have restriction, but I don't. Is it because these things are more liquid? I'm totally confused! I feel full after eating, but hungry again 2-3 hours later. Today I was able to have a can of Cream of Broccoli Soup, 3/4 yogurt, 1/2 cup Cream of chicken Soup, Popsicle, Water and coffee. This seems like a lot. How much should I be eating?

Quote:

Originally Posted by want2beme viewpost.gif

I was just banded a week ago. I am on stage 2 foods, non-clear liquids. I'm tolerating oatmeal, yogurt, creamy Soups, fruit smoothies, you name it. I am only eating about 1/2 to 1 cup of these 4 times per day. I did add a SF popsicle to my diet today. I feel like I should have restriction, but I don't. Is it because these things are more liquid? I'm totally confused! I feel full after eating, but hungry again 2-3 hours later. Today I was able to have a can of Cream of Broccoli Soup, 3/4 yogurt, 1/2 cup Cream of chicken Soup, Popsicle, Water and coffee. This seems like a lot. How much should I be eating?

Want2beme, Please take what I'm going to say with the tone of kindness and support that I would be able to inject in person, but can't really get across in a forum post! I want only the best for you and don't want this to seem like a negative post.

This is the section of the forum for bandsters living at goal. You might want to ask your question on the food forum or on the main forum to get a wider range of responses. It's not that we don't want you to be included here -- everyone is welcome and we encourage new bandsters to read about issues people have when they get closer to goal. That said, we need to keep the topics here solely to those for bandsters who are dealing with the issues that come up when we're at or approaching goal weight (for example, Angelator's question about fill levels for a bandster 15 months out). This is the only outlet those of us at this stage have for these topics. You'll find later in your journey that you just can't keep up with all the questions new bandsters have when you get to a later stage in your own journey, which is why we asked for a separate forum for these late stage issues. We try to all participate in the main forums as well and I know most of us would welcome a PM from you if you want to talk to an advanced bandster -- we just want to keep this specific forum on topic. I hope that makes sense!

All the best,

I totally understand>>>>> I was banded in 9=7=07 and weighed like 223 AND now weigh 192 and staying still////////feeling frustrated and fighting with new insurance to continue coverage so when I can I will get a fill to see if I can have restriction, but dont trip your weight is not that HIGH and YOU can LOOSE the weight if you choose.......Good luck!