Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Big Fat Fabulous Life 2016 Season

I just got home so didn't see it tonight. I have it on my DVR so will catch up with it later.

I may have turn it off. Very uncomfortable to watch...

I just got home so didn't see it tonight. I have it on my DVR so will catch up with it later.

I may have turn it off. Very uncomfortable to watch...

The episode this week has me giving Whitney the side eye???? for real (and I have yet to miss an episode of her show). While I do enjoy the message of "No BS"..that does not give her a reason to be reckless with her health (eating pizza in the middle of the night after JUST passing out and coming from the ER) because she wants to be fat. Whitney's career is sort of based on her being fat but the message for NO BS would still be the same if she lost weight. It was my understanding that NO BS applies to every body type. Perhaps she needs to change the meaning of her NO BS to NO Bull**** because she needs to stop sending the message to her audience that eating in a unhealthy way and gaining weight is fine because there should be no body shame. Whitney has become comfortable in her newfound celebrity and she uses that as excuse to remain "the fat girl" but if she doesn't watch herself...it could kill her.

Sent from my SM-G925T using the BariatricPal App

@@audaciousmarie - Completely agree. I couldn't decide if I was more angry at her or sad for her. She is definitely in a state of denial about her life and the choices she is making. Can't say I would watch this again. I found her "excuses" to be very frustrating. Having said that, maybe because it is all a little too close to home and reminds me of me a little over a year ago. Wonder what she thinks if she ever watched these shows back.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using the BariatricPal App

I agree with you guys. I found this episode very hard to watch also.

I hope she's finally getting the wake up call she needs.

I was so shocked at her eating the stuffed crust philly cheese steak pizza right after being in the hospital....then I remembered when I was out of control with my life....a coworker had died due to weight related issues, and on the way home from her funeral, I stopped and got mcdonalds and ate it in the car.

I was only 40lbs away from being as big as she is, so all this really hits home.

I hope she finally decides to get some help.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@@audaciousmarie - Completely agree. I couldn't decide if I was more angry at her or sad for her. She is definitely in a state of denial about her life and the choices she is making. Can't say I would watch this again. I found her "excuses" to be very frustrating. Having said that, maybe because it is all a little too close to home and reminds me of me a little over a year ago. Wonder what she thinks if she ever watched these shows back.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using the BariatricPal App

Exactly! I was disappointed in her reaction to the funeral. Instead of taking ownership and thanking them for loving her enough to care she gets pissed and tries to say Buddy is fat enough to be on death's door too. Idk either if I will continue to watch this show....its so sad.

I've seen the show only a couple of times and both times wanted to reach through the TV screen and bitch-slap her.

I can't imagine an intervention would have any effect on her.

She's a spoiled jackass.

I agree with you guys. I found this episode very hard to watch also.

I hope she's finally getting the wake up call she needs.

I was so shocked at her eating the stuffed crust philly cheese steak pizza right after being in the hospital....then I remembered when I was out of control with my life....a coworker had died due to weight related issues, and on the way home from her funeral, I stopped and got mcdonalds and ate it in the car.

I was only 40lbs away from being as big as she is, so all this really hits home.

I hope she finally decides to get some help.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I appreciate you sharing your experience. Actually you do share a very interesting perspective. Perhaps some of us deal with stress by eating but it sucks when the type of eating we are doing is killing us. I really hope Whitney realizes her beauty and her worth and that she doesnt have to be this bad off.

I've seen the show only a couple of times and both times wanted to reach through the TV screen and b***h-slap her.

I can't imagine an intervention would have any effect on her.

She's a spoiled jackass.

Lol...I love your reaction (no nonsense just the way I like it). Yeah she truly does lack accountability.

Lol...I love your reaction (no nonsense just the way I like it). Yeah she truly does lack accountability.

:) Well, I'm not always right. But I do usually have an opinion. :)

:) Well, I'm not always right. But I do usually have an opinion. :)

Haha...I'm just the same

Dont believe everything that happens on her show. Most of it is written or a scenario is pushed to happen.

She makes money being fat. She might lose it, gain, lose, gain and make money off it each time like Kirstie ally. But what I take away from It is that she is still a lazy slob living off her mom. Fat or not, makes no difference.

Tlc is the sideshow channel, and she is filling the fat woman role.

Sent from my SM-G930P using the BariatricPal App

Dont believe everything that happens on her show. Most of it is written or a scenario is pushed to happen.

She makes money being fat. She might lose it, gain, lose, gain and make money off it each time like Kirstie ally. But what I take away from It is that she is still a lazy slob living off her mom. Fat or not, makes no difference.

Tlc is the sideshow channel, and she is filling the fat woman role.

Sent from my SM-G930P using the BariatricPal App

I was thinking about that too because after she was renewed for the 3rd season I was thinking "Well what else can she document on her show?"...but now I see they are going after the shock factor. Maybe the 4th season will be about going on this extreme diet...such is show business I guess smh.

I happen to think all this "reality" TV is really just for entertainment. Sure it may be happening..but it's all sensationalized for TV. The thing I take away from the show is how much her family and friends really do care and support her, even if her choices are not the best they don't berate her for them. Yeah they try to open her eyes to the harm she is causing herself by being so overweight...and haven't we all had that person or persons who did that to us? Maybe not as nicely as this family.

She's in denial about her weight and the health issues that it can bring about, though I think she's starting to see that there are limitations and she is suffering to be "fat". I don't think you have to be an extreme of anything to love yourself and your body. You just have to be you...and eating in an out of control way no matter too much or too little or not nutritious enough...all bring harm to our bodies and our lives.

We don't pour motor oil into our gas tanks...and we don't pour Water into them either. If we want them to run we put in the grade of gasoline that is refined and balanced to make our engine run efficiently. It's the same for our bodies.

Too bad we don't have fill stations like we have gas stations. Where you can pull in, and fill up and it's always the right amount in perfect balance to get you where you need to be.

I wasn't going to watch this either until I saw in the previews that she fainted during a dance marathon and her friends decided to stage a fake funeral type intervention. I did have to see what happened. Her boyfriend Lenny and her roommate and best friend(forgot his name) are both enablers. They are in denial as well and buy and bring her food. In my opinion the boyfriend seem to want her to stay obese....just something I noticed. I don't think I will watch again, makes me sad and angry at the same time.

She talks about being fat and healthy. I don't really think that's possible