Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OMG, How Crazy Am I????

I've read this thread but never posted. I guess I felt like I didn't "belong" here because my goal seems so far away. But lately, this has been hitting me pretty hard emotionally. People at work were calling me "skinny" yesterday and I just wanted to hide. I am so uncomfortable with all of the comments. That is one reason I chose lap-band. I knew the weight loss would be slower and hopefully elicit less comments. But, I just hit the point where people are really noticing the difference. They say things like "You don't want to lose MORE do you?" I'm thinking, I am 175 pounds! While that is so awesome compared to where I was, in what world is 175 pounds "skinny"? I still wear size 12-14 pants. My arms look really fat still. I'm glad others have had similar experiences, but it is still hard to deal with. I so don't want to be a skinny person who complains about their size, but I know I'll never feel skinny. I always feel like the other shoe will drop and I will go back to being fat. I had a scare with nearly losing my band in January, so I guess I am very aware that this could be a temporary situation. I am currently doing hypnosis and she is working on getting me to accept my success and the fact that it can be PERMANENT. Thanks for listening to my blabbering. I'm just really struggling with this right now.

Well I had my Tummy Tuck on 9/5 and I am freakin loving it. Yes it is a little swollen...not too terrible but OMG it does not even look like it is part of me. It is flat, small and very tight. I have a beautiful new belly button which has a diamond shape or an upside down drop. It is 100 times better then I ever expected it to be.I have little pain and I am taking medication just to keep on top of it. I too was worried about the pain, etc... Im fine. I still have 2 drains in and when the Fluid slows down they will come out, The doc said it will swell more once the drains come out and then disapate. I am amazed at how good it looks. I actually look little. WOW!!! I am tring to figure out how to post my pictures.

I had an incident where they thought my band slipped. I also was told that if this was the case they would have to reoperate and replace it. I didt care , if thats what it took I would do it in a second. Thankfully by deflating me for 2 weeks evrything went right back into place. It is weird how people think after you go for a while on the band/....lose the weight that you are "fixed" They have no concept and if that were true we wouldnt need the band in the first place. I have lost 100's of lbs over the years but always gain it back. You should not ever feel alone , we are or were in your boat and you can guarentee that the members who make up this group HAVE walked a day in your shoes. Chin up.you can do it! I just had my Tummy Tuck on the 9th and man I will tell you I feel so blessed. My insurance approved the procedure and I cannot believe how happy I am with the results. I could just bawl, this is a dream come true for me.You can reach your goals , you can have your dreams come true. Keep focused on what you want and make it a priority for yourself, no one else but yourself! good luck to you

I've read this thread but never posted. I guess I felt like I didn't "belong" here because my goal seems so far away. But lately, this has been hitting me pretty hard emotionally. People at work were calling me "skinny" yesterday and I just wanted to hide. I am so uncomfortable with all of the comments. That is one reason I chose lap-band. I knew the weight loss would be slower and hopefully elicit less comments. But, I just hit the point where people are really noticing the difference. They say things like "You don't want to lose MORE do you?" I'm thinking, I am 175 pounds! While that is so awesome compared to where I was, in what world is 175 pounds "skinny"? I still wear size 12-14 pants. My arms look really fat still. I'm glad others have had similar experiences, but it is still hard to deal with. I so don't want to be a skinny person who complains about their size, but I know I'll never feel skinny. I always feel like the other shoe will drop and I will go back to being fat. I had a scare with nearly losing my band in January, so I guess I am very aware that this could be a temporary situation. I am currently doing hypnosis and she is working on getting me to accept my success and the fact that it can be PERMANENT. Thanks for listening to my blabbering. I'm just really struggling with this right now.

So Cal--you are alot like me, you prboly still see a fat chick in the mirror. Get over it, we are no longer fat sister! :) Take the compliements with pride you deserve them! Good luck to you!

So Cal--you are alot like me, you prboly still see a fat chick in the mirror. Get over it, we are no longer fat sister! :) Take the compliements with pride you deserve them! Good luck to you!

I went out of town with a banded friend of mine, she was banded about six weeks after me but hasn't been working very hard and hasn't lost a lot. But we were talking about this very issue and she just doesn't get it. She keeps saying, "But you can SEE yourself in the mirror, you can SEE with your own two eyes!" I finally reminded her of a 78# anorexic, they SEE 300lbs. She still doesn't get it.

I think many of us agree that it takes time for the head to catch up to the body. I have also learned to deal with the comments and I think that at some point like you say people just cant help it because it is so noticeable. I have learned to gracefully just say thank you and not make a big deal out of it. This Tummy Tuck may put me over the edge though. I finally feel like I have reached my goal. No matter how hard I worked I had that big blob of skin and fat across my abdomen and I worked 6 days a week at the gym , crunches and cardio and weights and this week I feel so proud of myself . This has brought all of my hard work into a Reality. I feel beautiful, and confident and sexy, I can feel my soul shine. I say that is a feeling you have got to embrace. Say thanks to all the people who make comments and then inside your own head .........well up a kick ass smile and absorb every bit of it. The band is not cheating, it is not easy, and there are many people who do not succeed with it. It takes work and conviction and committment. Any level of success you achieve you should be proud of yourself. Do not beat yourself up . this is a great thing you are doing for you r health and your future.

I went out of town with a banded friend of mine, she was banded about six weeks after me but hasn't been working very hard and hasn't lost a lot. But we were talking about this very issue and she just doesn't get it. She keeps saying, "But you can SEE yourself in the mirror, you can SEE with your own two eyes!" I finally reminded her of a 78# anorexic, they SEE 300lbs. She still doesn't get it.

Wait till she looses more, then she will get it! Sad to think we have alot in common with an anorexic. But I think you are absolutely right. Everytime I look in the mirror I see "Fat Mommy" as my girls call the former me. I can't wait until she stops staring back at me!

I was at a local support group last Saturday and some of us that are 2-7 years out and near or at goal were talking about this issue. One of the gals that was nearly 7 years out said a friend of hers was also going through the same thing. So she and some other bandmates wrapped the woman all over in tin foil and carefully cut the tinfoil down one side to get her out. Then put the seam back together so she could "stand" next to herself and see what she really looked like. She just broke down and cried in disbelief at how small she was. I can't say it "Fixed" her body image problems but it was a good first step.

Maybe if some of us can make it to the January get together in Vegas we can have a "Foiling" Party.

Maybe if some of us can make it to the January get together in Vegas we can have a "Foiling" Party.

i dont think there's enough foil in Vegas for you to "foil" me ... maybe by January though ..

you gals are doing sooooo well and are my inspiration

<back to lurking>

Quote:

Originally Posted by losingjusmeviewpost.gif

i dont think there's enough foil in Vegas for you to "foil" me ... maybe by January though ..

:pound:But seriously, you might just be surprised. I think it sounds like a great exercise. I bet you are a lot smaller than you realize.

:pound:But seriously, you might just be surprised. I think it sounds like a great exercise. I bet you are a lot smaller than you realize.

**looking down at my belly**

ummm ... nope. not yet

That's a thought(th foil), but it reminds me how I was once wrapped in cellophane in efforts to try to lose weight! hahaha Thanks to all for listening to my rant, it's just a hard time for me. I guess I've always been the invisible girl or wallflower in my head and now I can't go anywhere without a look or comment. I'm happy people notice and I am happy to be successful, but I am anxious for the day that my being thin is normal. Who knows, maybe then I'll wish people were commenting! haha

How many of you remember the foil pants (suit) that would hook up to the vacume cleaner??? I had those!!!!

Okay, finally a diet I have not heard of.

Priceless! I can only imagine what that looked like! :eek: