Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kind of Gross question But....

I had to go off my birthcontrol for the surgery and my period of course started today and my surgery is just on thursday just 2 days away. SO ill definatly still be bleeding then...

Do they let you wear underwear in surgery??? What do I do???

OH I know exactly what you are talking about! I feel for ya and it's just one more thing to deal with.

Do you wear tampons? That is what I'm going to have to do as I'm due right around my surgery date. I told my doctor this yesterday and he kind of laughed saying my period wasn't a problem but I said that if I didn't tell him, I would be worrying about it for the next 3 weeks.

They'll let you wear the super sexy paper panties. :omg:

I've been hysterectomized for 2 years now so this surgery wasn't an issue but in the past, they just put paper panties on you with a big ol' granny pad. Goes from your belly button to the small of your back!

I doubt they'll let you wear tampons as the risk for infection is too high.

Good luck and don't worry about it. This happens to women every day in the OR. They know how to handle it.

I was specifically told by our clinic, to wear my big ol' panties and a pad - absolutely NO TAMPON!

You might want to double check with your clinic what their policy is.

LOL!

I was in the exact same boat. They took me off my BC which is what regulates me.. otherwise I bleed like a stuck pig 365 days a year!

So, when I went off, I was bleeding horribly. I was emberassed, and asked them what I should do.. (I had to be completely underwear-less). They said don't worry about it.

When I woke up in the hospital bed after surgery, they had put a bunch of towels on the bed under me (I still had 'nothing down there') I made quite the mess, but I immediately paged the nurse and asked for a pad.. then she brought me those big DIAPER LOOKING PADS.. grabbed underwear from my overnight bag, and voila.

Depends on how they require you to be dressed, I couldn't wear my panties in the surgery. But someone told me--don't worry about it, they don't care about those things.. and I have to say, they were professional about it, they just told me not to worry about it and yadda yadda.

They didn't let me wear underwear, but I was told that they put a giant adult diaper on all the patients because - and this even grosser (if that's a word) - they did my surgery with my legs up in stirrups so there is a diaper put on because the CO2 they use to inflate the torso will inevitably exit your bottom during the procedure. I haven't had a period in 2 years so it wasn't a problem for me, but I woke up with a big adult diaper/pad thing on anyway, and I was told that this was why.

Good luck!

I wore a tampon with no underwear. Had no problems or post op infection.

Same thing happened to me. No, you can't wear underwear. They would not let me wear a tampon either. Just laid a pad between my legs