Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I small? and more Fat mentality issues....

@@KristenLe haha yeah kinda. now i gotta fight the "too thin" demons lol. but we'll all be ok i think. truly. i gotta stop looking at charts on the internet.

Yes I'm waiting on approval for my plastics... hopefully my insurance will cover some of it... according to my drs... after the skin Removal I will probably be underweight. I'm just having my arms and stomach done but I have at least 25- 30lbs of skin...if I do it today (I'm not) tht would put me weighing 99/100lbs.... smh

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using the BariatricPal App

I think you are probably fine weight wise, people just aren't used to seeing YOU thin and on top of that our society has lost sight of anything between fat and skinny--we are a nation of extremes- the photoshopped size 000 models and then the rest who are gaining weight so rapidly we've had to add a "super morbidly obese" category to the line up.

Where are you getting that you have 25-30lbs of extra skin, though? I had plastics to remove skin on my arms breasts and tummy and it was less than 5lbs. The people you see on those tv shows losing a lot of weight through skin removal have a lot of subcutaneous fat either removed with the skin or through liposuction during their procedures. If you literally just have skin to remove (and at your new size that seems probable) you likely have less than 10lbs of actually skin to lose.

^^^ Not sure if you can link articles to other sites, so I won't. I read an article which discussed this. Most people after massive weight loss had around 3-5lbs of skin removed. This was if they were at goal/low body fat.

@@pr_pitbullgrl you look super sexy mama!! Good for you!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Edited by UalreadyKnow

^^^ Not sure if you can link articles to other sites, so I won't. I read an article which discussed this. Most people after massive weight loss had around 3-5lbs of skin removed. This was if they were at goal/low body fat.

You can link articles! Please do. That's about what my plastic surgeon said as well (I think he said 3-7). Anything more is subcutaneous fat or through liposuction done at the same time.

I just saw a photo of myself with a few members of my family including my sisters. Not only am I no longer obese, I am tiny.... I look so slight next to them. It is to be expected as I am so short that my healthy weight range is that of a six grader lol.

What is bizarre is I don't feel small. I still feel fat, but that photo clearly shows I am much smaller than the others in the photo. My collar bones are really prominent now also, so that jumped out at me too.

In the photo I was wearing a size 4 shirt. When I first tried it on I was sure it would be really tight and would cling to me, but it was swimming on me. I should have got the smaller size.

I wonder how long it takes the brain to catch up???

Edited by BCs 1000

Girl Bye! I couldn't get my pinky toe into an extra small. So if you are able to rock it then you better believe it! I've heard people having trouble shopping to their true size. Still buying larger. Congrats! Hoping to get there one day!

????

I have the same feelings, I still feel just as fat as I was before. I know I am now a size 12 compared to a 30/32, I know I am thinner, but I certainly don't feel it. attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1465421428.901687.jpg and I still get the "don't stop losing weight, keep it up" and wow you look great, are you gonna have plastics?? I realize it may not be said with malicious intent but it honestly makes me feel as if I'm not good enough yet! Guess it's therapy time!!!

I'm where you began. How long and how many # to get where you are now? Just curious.

Working beyond grief for a better life!

I have the same feelings, I still feel just as fat as I was before. I know I am now a size 12 compared to a 30/32, I know I am thinner, but I certainly don't feel it. attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1465421428.901687.jpg and I still get the "don't stop losing weight, keep it up" and wow you look great, are you gonna have plastics?? I realize it may not be said with malicious intent but it honestly makes me feel as if I'm not good enough yet! Guess it's therapy time!!!

I'm where you began. How long and how many # to get where you are now? Just curious.

I am almost 10 months out and have lost 138ish pounds. It goes up and down by a few pounds. I am now weighing 209lbs

Awesome!! Gives me hope. My personal goal is 220

I lost 65 lbs about 4 years back in 3 1/2 months. I remember doing what you did in the dressing room. I was an emotional mess. I didn't recognize the reflection. My thoughts were as you describe. After that year I developed a thyroid issue that turned out to be Graves' disease. Needless to say now I'm without a thyroid and gained all the weight back and some. Which is why I'm about to get my sleeve. Psych should be a part of our acceptance of our new identity. So we can come to terms with what's in our reflection. The idea of Loving who we Are on the inside is one thing. But the outside is another thing all together. Not what I expected and needs addressing! Glad you said something.???? You do look wonderful! Congrats!