Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 years post op-vsg

Oh my goodness it's been awhile since I've been here! I only see a few names I recognize!

I had my sleeve on 06/12/12. I lost 102 lbs.

unfortunately I have gained 35lbs within the last two years. About a month ago, I started weighing and logging my food on mfp again. I started gaining when I stopped logging my food and making myself accountable. Since I started logging again I've lost 14lbs. So now I'm 21lbs away from my lowest weight and 27 away from my original goal weight. I'm going to do this. The good thing about my sleeve is even though I fell off the wagon, it's still here to help me.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I am encouraged that you have managed to keep the bulk of your weight off for so long. I'm also encouraged that when you recognized the gain you were able to start taking it off again. Congrats on getting back on the wagon! :)

Good job! I love seeing people who become successful losing the regain because I know it's so much harder to lose than the first time! I myself am struggling with an almost 5 pound gain at only 21 months out and it's not wanting to come off so easily!

One of my favorite sayings is "You don't drown by falling in the Water, you drown by staying there." Good job on realizing that you have fallen in the Water and a really good job in not staying there!.

I'm very pleased with the amount of restriction I still have with Protein dense meals 4 years out, I can still only eat 3-4oz of meat at a meal. I did a lot research before I had my surgery deciding which one was the best for me (I was self pay, insurance did not cover it) And this is why I chose the sleeve.

It's become a realization to me that I will have to log my food forever. My biggest nightmare is to gain all the weight back. I'm 5-09, and my weight on the day of surgery was 276, lowest weight was 174, current weight is 195, goal weight is 168. Thank you all for the kind words. It's hard not to beat yourself up for regain.

I am 2 1/2 years out, and right there with you about logging your intake. I find that I have the best success when I weigh, measure and log. When I don't, it only takes me a couple of days to run off the rails. My tablespoon of Peanut Butter becomes six tablespoons of Peanut Butter heaped on one spoon.

One of the basic principles of scientific research is that you cannot control that which you do not measure. The bariatric doctor told me one time to stay off of the scale for a month. I gained ten pounds! So, now I weigh every day.

Oh yes, weighing daily is also a must now that I'm back on track!

Oh my goodness it's been awhile since I've been here! I only see a few names I recognize!

I had my sleeve on 06/12/12. I lost 102 lbs.

unfortunately I have gained 35lbs within the last two years. About a month ago, I started weighing and logging my food on mfp again. I started gaining when I stopped logging my food and making myself accountable. Since I started logging again I've lost 14lbs. So now I'm 21lbs away from my lowest weight and 27 away from my original goal weight. I'm going to do this. The good thing about my sleeve is even though I fell off the wagon, it's still here to help me.

I think its great that you are able to still lose and go back to the basics.

Sent from my SM-G925T using the BariatricPal App

Welcome back.

Glad to see we can all be helpful when we hit a bump in the road. And it can be real bumpy!

I'm thankful for all the help and support I get on this site. It helps whether I'm up or down on the scale that month.

Thank you for this thread. It serves to remind me that once the initial euphoria with getting rid of the excess poundage wears off, the job of remaining sylph like really starts. Bit like a marriage once the honeymoon period is over and reality sets in! Your comments guys are now etched into my brain and hopefully they will serve me well in future. When (not even an 'if') I decide to that I don't have to adhere to the WLS suggestions, then I will forward the video to what could happen in the future to my body. I need to remember where I came from. My journey needs to be as my journey from alcoholism has been. I stuck close to AA for years and took on board things that I heard at meetings. It is still my touchstone to keep me sober. BP is going to be the same for me with food and my weight.

Glad to see you back @@Wolfgirl78

You are gonna knock the weight down and do great.

I'm excited, I weighed in at my lowest weight after surgery this morning. So, I've managed to take off my 35lb regain. I was aiming for 168 as my goal weight, but I've pushed it to 165 now. So 9lbs to go. I'll see how I feel about losing more when I get there.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I can certainly understand. Logging food is not my thing...my bad habit was the drinking requirements and not being able to find a Protein brand I liked. I am lactose intolerate and among other things have IBS-D. My daughter told me about nectar and I am amazed at the taste...I absolutely love it and so does my body. I started out at 298...lost down to 182..now back at 205. Some causes was meds I no longer take but I can tell this Protein brand is working for me. My goal weight is 175...I had my GS 01/16/2012. Great job you are doing!

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

After two years it is helping me get back on track to weight in twice a week. At the start, I did it every day. For months, I just looked at the scale. Now, we are in negotiations to become at least pals. It hard for years before my sleeve I hated my scale.

Edited by LadyK44