Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I haven't experienced any gas pains yet and I'm not looking forward to that.

I wondered if we could have prune juice???

Some of you have gone to the store already, wow!!!

Sent from my SM-G920T using the BariatricPal App

I had prune juice and was ok just make sure you dilute it with Water... I had 1 oz 2 times a day and it really helped to get BM going

How many of you had a drain and did you go home with it?

I had the drain and went home with it... Had it removed 5 days post op and it was better right away as soon as they removed it. It's a bit of pain in the &&&&

I didn't have a drain at all. That was a big thing for me...I didn't want one. I also didn't want a cathader. My doc was cool with it and it made me get up walking a few hours after surgery. @@Pup do you have a drain? Does it hurt?

The drain doesn't hurt, there's a significant amount of stuff that drains out of it so I guess I'm glad that's coming out. They say it's a good color. I just always wonder how some doctors can get along without it and some doctors think it's a really great idea. I have come home with it.

I had prune juice and was ok just make sure you dilute it with Water... I had 1 oz 2 times a day and it really helped to get BM going
Does prune juice come unsweetened? I like prune juice but I've never had to read the label before

Hey ladies day 4 getting more liquids down but struggling with Water seems to hurt and give me a "come back up" feeling but moving around more down to one pain killer a day...sleeping last night was a killer I definitely struggled a little emotionally today with feelings of regret but I'm trying to just focus on why I did this and knowing that this will pass....I hope everyone is feeling good

Sent from my iPhone using BariatricPal

Hey ladies day 4 getting more liquids down but struggling with Water seems to hurt and give me a "come back up" feeling but moving around more down to one pain killer a day...sleeping last night was a killer I definitely struggled a little emotionally today with feelings of regret but I'm trying to just focus on why I did this and knowing that this will pass....I hope everyone is feeling good

From everything I read ( and probably everything you have read) the feelings you have will pass hang in there and I'm sure the liquid gets easier everyday.

Hey all you newbies to The loser side, what's your favorite Protein shake?

I drink preimer- chocolate and vanilla,

unjury- chocolate splendor and chicken Soup,

muscle milk - chocolate and vanilla flavor and

milk shake bar -vanilla carmel. These are all I've been drinking pre-surgery and just looking to add to my variety

Okay, here is my update for today.

I hadn't taken any pain meds since yesterday at 5 pm. I wanted to see if my gas pain would go away. I'm happy to say it DID go away. I managed to get rid of all my gas. BUT without pain meds, my insides began to hurt. I don't know why I didn't consider the insides. I was so focused on my incisions that I didn't remember that they cut up my insides too. *Dummy*

So, although I got rid of the gas, the chest pain I felt was keeping me from taking in my fluids. So far I have taken in 6oz Water & 2oz of Jello & it's already 1:30pm. I just took my pain meds & hopefully I'll be able to take in my fluids before the night comes.

Since I'm back on pain meds, I will do the milk of magnesium tonight to avoid tomorrow's gas. I sure hope it works out. Also, I'm not doing the Protein Drinks until the pain is gone. That also brings in the gas.

My incisions look great & they are already starting to itch. Yey..

This is the worst one..

post-267991-14643823147522_thumb.jpg

Edited by onmica

Hey all you newbies to The loser side, what's your favorite Protein shake?

I drink preimer- chocolate and vanilla,

unjury- chocolate splendor and chicken Soup,

muscle milk - chocolate and vanilla flavor and

milk shake bar -vanilla carmel. These are all I've been drinking pre-surgery and just looking to add to my variety

I drink nectar. They have all flavors but I like the chocolate the most. Also I like the pineapple flavored one. It kind of tastes like pina colada. I can't remember the name of that flavor. They also have a Cappuccino just in case I get that coffee craving. I purchased the sampler and tried them all. Most of them are fruity flavors. They're all pretty great. 23 grams of Protein & with fat free lactate milk you'll have at least 30 grams.

My doctor didn't want me to drink concentrated Protein drinks. He told me to find protein made from isolate. And nectar is not thick and tastes great!

@@Pup

I wrote this a couple months ago on a post. I thought you'd be interested in getting the variety pack.

HELLOOO!!!

I just wanted to update as of today 3/28/2016, they are still selling the sampler for 16.99 (shipping included). I just called the number and didn't think it would work, but it did. YEY.

They said it was only a one time buy for the variety pack. After that we they'll only sell jars, but it's worth to try all the flavors and check which one you like the best.

The number is still 1.866.333..7403 EX 803

They asked where I heard of it and I said BariatricPal and they knew about the site. lol

Edited by onmica

I didn't have a drain at all. That was a big thing for me...I didn't want one. I also didn't want a cathader. My doc was cool with it and it made me get up walking a few hours after surgery. @@Pup do you have a drain? Does it hurt?

The drain doesn't hurt, there's a significant amount of stuff that drains out of it so I guess I'm glad that's coming out. They say it's a good color. I just always wonder how some doctors can get along without it and some doctors think it's a really great idea. I have come home with it.

Does prune juice come unsweetened? I like prune juice but I've never had to read the label before

I have seen, we just used the 100% juice which when I was in hospital they allowed me to drink apple or grape juice which was 100% juice. I diluted it so I didn't get sick or anything

From everything I read ( and probably everything you have read) the feelings you have will pass hang in there and I'm sure the liquid gets easier everyday.

I am 2 weeks post op today and I am mentally not doing well. It's not so much of a buyers remorse or anything... Just everything makes me cry, it's hard to get fluids in, I started blended food and could barely finish my one meal, I feel defeated and feel I should be farther off ahead ( even though I keep telling myself I just had major surgery) mentally I am struggling, and from what I have read it's normal because the hormones are all messed up right and it can be like that for few weeks post op.... Sure hope I won't be crying all day long at work when I return on Tuesday.

Hang in there!

That reminds me, I don't think I shared my scare!

So, Wednesday morning at about 5am, I still had some gas that I was releasing while walking around the house. While I walked, I drank 2 ounces of Protein, 2 ounces of Water and half an ounce of my pain meds. WOAH! I broke out in a terrible sweat! Like I had done TaeBo for an hour. Droplets all over my chest, neck and face. I got so pale and I swear I was about to faint. I went to my bed just in case it happened. Then I felt like I was going to get the runs, so I got up and went to the bathroom. I passed gas. It was a long one. Within seconds, i stopped sweating and I felt so much better.

It was so scary that I called my doctor. He said it was normal and that my body is going through mega changes and this might happen again. I'm assuming what I experienced was a bit of dumping syndrome. He said it can last for up to an hour??? Ugh... it was terrible.