Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgeon told me to do a low carb diet from now until the day by before surgery. Then a clear liquid diet the day before and nothing after midnight. I am also scared of hair falling out and horribly sagging skin. I have about 150 to lose.

Sent from my XT1254 using the BariatricPal App

I've been low carbing for the last 3 months during my required 3 month supervised diet. It definitely helped with my sugar cravings. I tried a bunch of different Protein Shakes. I've lost 34 pounds. I'll have one week of liquids prior to surgery and of course, nothing after 12a the night before. I'm 54, so the saggy skin thing worries me too but I would consider plastic surgery if I was really bothered by it. We'll see. One step at a time, right?

I've been low carbing for the last 3 months during my required 3 month supervised diet. It definitely helped with my sugar cravings. I tried a bunch of different Protein shakes. I've lost 34 pounds. I'll have one week of liquids prior to surgery and of course, nothing after 12a the night before. I'm 54, so the saggy skin thing worries me too but I would consider plastic surgery if I was really bothered by it. We'll see. One step at a time, right?

Can you recommend a Protein brand you liked? I cant find one that i actually can stand.

Alright, alright! Our June crew is shaping up. Let's keep in touch. I welcome the support as I am doing this alone. I'm divorced. Adult kids live far away. No current Boyfriend. I haven't shared this with anyone and I prefer it that way.

Hi all, I'm also hoping for a June surgery!! Last required appt next week :-)

June 2nd lap band to rny revision!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I recently had my lap band taken out due to prolaspe after 8 years. I'm know at the final steps before approval. Does any know if its harder to be approved after already having a weight loss surgery?

My surgeon told me to do a low carb diet from now until the day by before surgery. Then a clear liquid diet the day before and nothing after midnight. I am also scared of hair falling out and horribly sagging skin. I have about 150 to lose.

My biggest fear is losing my hair also...

I'm at the end of my pre surgery requirements. I'm hoping to get a June date!! Couple concerns if anyone has any advise...1. I'm horrified that my hair is going to fall out :-( 2. On average how long was recovery before heading back to work? 3. Is it harder to get a approval if you had already had a weightloss surgery?

I don't know about approval with revisions. I'm taking a month off work but I have a job that requires lifting and being on your feet for 12 hour shifts.

@lemme61 cool, that's about two hours away. Wish I was closer to the Raleigh/ Durham area. I'm in a tiny town and it takes at least 45 minutes to get to a city with some thing more than just a Wal-Mart. :/ I'm going to start attending the support group in Wilmington, I just wish one was closer.