Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre-Op Diet OMG! I'm Dying!

@@Megall9 Monday is my day too! That is if the freaking insurance company gives the approval. One week to go and they still haven't signed off. I am calling daily and can't seem to get a straight answer! Good luck to you and to all of us!

Did you get your approval yet? Fingers are crossed for you!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using the BariatricPal App

Okay this last bit of pre-op process is a real bear. The insurance approval process was a real hassle and I still haven't heard from the hospital or clinic on time for my surgery on Monday. The pre-op diet sucks! I have lost twelve pounds in ten days but I feel terrible! I'm still tired and have no concentration or focus. I'm dragging ##S and I have super dark circles under my eyes. I have thought about abandoning this process many times, but I won't. Here I go, four may days til surgery.

You are right ... it SUCKS!! BIG time.

This is one year from when I was on mine ... I don't think I will ever forget it because we were away for a dance competition the 3 days just prior to my WLS. 3 days of nothing but food, drink, and fun. It was pure hell.

I survived. And I would like to think that I am better for it. Best of luck ... it is SOOOOOOO worth it!!!!

Yeah that seems really high on the carbs. I would definitely look for something with less. Quest brand has a lot of flavors, is really low in carbs, and tastes fantastic....

Honestly, I think the pre-op diet was soooo much harder for me than the immediate post-op diet was...keep pushing...you're almost there!!!

Oh I forgot to mention that I switched to Premier Protein several days ago which is real good and has only two net carbs per serving. Still feel lousy!

Just remember, all this "suffering" and misery now, will be worth it in the end.

I'm on my third day and there are moments when it's difficult but they pass. Instead of focusing on how much this sucks I focus on the prize. I also focus on what I have to do today. I know I have 11 more days until surgery but I can only live one day at a time. It's the same mindset recovering addicts and alcoholics use. And it helps tremendously. Another way I look at it is that is part of the price I have to pay for letting myself overindulge for so many years. This won't kill me but the weight will. Our mindsets are where the biggest battle is fought and if I give into a negative mindset about this then I've already lost the battle. And I'll be damned if I'm going to let that happen this early in the process and hopefully at no point in the process.

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App

I am on day 5 of a pre op diet, diet. My actual two week diet starts May 17th. I' m a mess and considering cancelling the surgery altogether at this point.

I am on day 5 of a pre op diet, diet. My actual two week diet starts May 17th. I' m a mess and considering cancelling the surgery altogether at this point.

@@GinaCampbell don't do that. Sit and think about how you were feeling when you decided to do this. Think about all the times that you've missed out and about all the cute clothes you had to walk by to get to the "plus sizes". Think about all the pain, all the snide remarks and all the shame. Then think about being healthy while wearing those cute clothes while on a picnic with your beau. Think about a long walk on a sunny spring day.

You can do this Gina. So I can I. This is temporary and the obesity will be permanent without this yuck ones. And it's nice to have a place where we can go to whine and get some support. When you really think about quitting, come on here and read the success stories, read "the straw that broke the camels back" and pm me or anyone else.

We got this!

Do not give up. As someone who went through the pre-op diet and had a surgery aborted, it sucks.

What I can tell you is days 2-5 are the worst days. It gets easier from here on out.

Hang in there!!

Doing my best. I don't even have to be on a liquid diet. Here in the UK they seem to do it differently. I am just sticking to having my calories as if I was post surgery to give myself a fighting chance. I want to deal with the angst of liquid/pureed foods now. Make mistakes now, test the Water. I am on day 5. Suffering!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

At the moment, I am and have been losing my hair. My Protein levels were low so I had already started Protein shakes for Breakfast. I have a bowel condition which means I cannot have dairy, wheat or fruit so I often use Meal Replacement shakes to keep my essential nutrients up. I don't eat meat or anything that comes out of the sea. Due to my disability, I can only cook on a "good" day and usually make a lentil Soup from scratch and freeze it. I am 95% bedbound with no family, church or help and had been living on toast, Cereal, and generally carby things that wouldn't spoil easily. As my disability grew worse, my weight slowly crept up. I had to go into a program here (on the National Health Service) two years ago to start to qualify for my bariatric surgery now. I have reduced my weight from 262 lbs to 225 lbs over this time. The short answer is that I was already using a Protein shake for Breakfast and a Meal Replacement one for my evening meal due to medical problems. I drifted into homemade soup at lunchtimes as a way to get additional veg in. All I am doing now is not having Snacks and further rubbish on top. Sitting in bed for days at a time, it is so easy to grab commercial veggie crisps, hummous, pita chips etc which are really high in calories. Once I cut out the calorific Snacks, most of what was left was liquid!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App