Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 16th surgery buddies?.....Let's do this together!

I'm having a very hard time getting my shakes and Water in. I don't want anything to eat or drink. I'm determined to do it because I know that's the only way I'm going to start feeling better. I haven't had any pain meds since leaving the hospital yesterday so that's good. At this point I don't know if I could gag the stuff down even if I needed it. Anything that tastes mediciney or chemically could send me into orbit. It's because of the swallow test. I can't get that taste out of my mind. I'm shuddering as I type just thinking about it. The though of it is almost unbearable. I prob sound like a big baby but that's the effect it had on me.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I emailed my surgeon's nurse and she said this early out to not really worry about a number of oz of water.....she suggested just keeping an eye on the color of my urine......and she said don't worry about Protein at all for now.....just keep focused on liquids for now and don't let my urine get dark...I was able to go take a nap for a couple of hours and that has helped a lot as I didn't sleep hardly any last night.

I had a very positive attitude going in to this, so how I'm feeling right now has knocked me for a loop.....it hurts when I lay down, when I stand up, when I walk. I can't drink enough to even measure......my whole body just feels like I've been run over by a truck! I'm still trying to stay positive but man this all sucks!!!

My surgery was May 10th I would like to go through this journey with you.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using the BariatricPal App

I'm with you!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using the BariatricPal App

Hi, I am a newbie on this site, but also a 5/16/16 patient. I was released yesterday early afternoon, and I'm at home. Like several on this thread, my main issue is discomfort from gas and bloating, and periodic stomach cramps. I'm able to walk pretty good, and yesterday was able to climb a flight of stairs to get to my pharmacy and stock up on my post-op meds. This morning, I plan to do a slow lap of the small local park to hopefully release remaining gas. I don't have issues with any liquids I've taken so far, but my new pouch is extremely 'chatty' - I'm sipping very slowly (takes me almost an hour on a Protein drink) but there is still a lot of rumbling going on. Since I'm on pain meds, I've decided not to set a goal of getting back to work as soon as possible, but to give it the two weeks recommended by my Doctor

I wish all of you the very best on this vital step you have taken in you health journey. You will get through this post-op discomfort and/or pain, and soon will be enjoying the summer feeling rejuvenated.

Update: I had my surgery Mon around noon. On Tuesday I had leak test and then ate at least 50% of two all liquid meals. I came home Tuesday afternoon. Today is Wednesday and I am doing fine so far. Never used any pain meds or had gas pains. My daughter who is an RN is taking care of me for next few days. Felling so blessed everything had gone so smoothly so far. Keeping praying and keep up the will and it will be ok. I was the only one in group of 4 on the ward that came home Tuesday. U have to get up and walk walk walk!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@@kmorri Are you taking any pain meds? I would encourage you to take them routinely if prescribed. Walk and move as much as possible (even if it's just rockng back and forth while sitting). I hope you feel better soon!

@@cheerios45 Try taking small sips of liquids at different temps to see what works. I would not worry about Protein Shakes yet - just try and get fluids in (broth, sugar free popsicles, Decaf tea, etc). Good luck!

Very sore today. Lots of pain at the incision sights and also my tummy when I try to "eat" so I am taking small sips. I am looking forward to feeling better. I hope everyone is doing well.

I'm home now and the abdominal pain is pretty extreme.....I have a hard time standing up straight. I also have a lot of gas pain in my chest.....I'm having an awful time getting in my Water and protein.....We got home yesterday about 3:00 and while I was home I was only able to drink about 10 oz of Water and only 4 oz of a Protein drink.....the heartburn is what kept be from being able to drink more. I hope today will be better.......they gave me Omeprazole to take but the instructions say to open the capsule and sprinkle it over pudding or yogurt........I'm on Clear Liquids until tomorrow! But I did take a small spoon ful of yogurt and sprinkled the pill over it and took it like that......also having a hard time sleeping, hense me posting on here before 3 am EST/

Chewable gas x may help... It helped me. It gets better in a matter of days! Hang in there...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using the BariatricPal App

I'm home now and the abdominal pain is pretty extreme.....I have a hard time standing up straight. I also have a lot of gas pain in my chest.....I'm having an awful time getting in my Water and protein.....We got home yesterday about 3:00 and while I was home I was only able to drink about 10 oz of Water and only 4 oz of a Protein drink.....the heartburn is what kept be from being able to drink more. I hope today will be better.......they gave me Omeprazole to take but the instructions say to open the capsule and sprinkle it over pudding or yogurt........I'm on Clear Liquids until tomorrow! But I did take a small spoon ful of yogurt and sprinkled the pill over it and took it like that......also having a hard time sleeping, hense me posting on here before 3 am EST/

Chewable gas x may help... It helped me. It gets better in a matter of days! Hang in there...

Thank you! I sure hope so! I've been using Gasx strips and nothing is touching this discomfort yet.....

I'm home now and the abdominal pain is pretty extreme.....I have a hard time standing up straight. I also have a lot of gas pain in my chest.....I'm having an awful time getting in my Water and protein.....We got home yesterday about 3:00 and while I was home I was only able to drink about 10 oz of Water and only 4 oz of a Protein drink.....the heartburn is what kept be from being able to drink more. I hope today will be better.......they gave me Omeprazole to take but the instructions say to open the capsule and sprinkle it over pudding or yogurt........I'm on clear liquids until tomorrow! But I did take a small spoon ful of yogurt and sprinkled the pill over it and took it like that......also having a hard time sleeping, hense me posting on here before 3 am EST/

Thank you! I sure hope so! I've been using Gasx strips and nothing is touching this discomfort yet.....

I'm going through the exact same thing! I'm on hydrocodone and it makes me feel vey drowsy so I'm sleeping most of the time. Barely time to get liquids in! The struggle !

Finally discharge. I feel pretty good. I nerves about the 2 week liquids. I want to make sure I get all my Water in. I can't tell when I'm full. That concerns me. I still have a little gas pain

@@KatlynMB so sorry I am just getting back on since the surgery on Monday. The liquid diet was hard at first and at the very end. I think I was so ready to be done. Now that I have made it through surgery, I have no appetite and have to make myself get all my Water and Protein in. I am glad I had to do the 2 week all liquid because I think it got me ready for the after diet.

How are you doing on the diet so far?