Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help with Whey shakes.

Hello! I recently spent quite a bit on money of a really big bag of whey Protein Isolate. I have only been able to get down one shake. Could anyone out there supply me with ideas I could use to make it more palatable? What types of things can I add? I don't want it to go to waste. Would love lots of ideas.

Thanks so much,

Cassie

I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk and PB2. Makes vanilla or chocolate taste amazing! Add some ice and put in blender.

I use 1 scoop - 8 oz Water - ice cubes (5-6) - large hand full of frozen fruit (raspberries or whatever you like ) --- took awhile to actual be able to tolerate it but I did it after a few months

What kind of Protein mix did you buy? have you looked up the mugcake threads yet?

I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk and PB2. Makes vanilla or chocolate taste amazing! Add some ice and put in blender.

Hi Fab! I don't want to seem stupid, but I'm new to this site and I have no idea what PB2 is. Can you help?

Thanks,

Cassie

What kind of Protein mix did you buy? have you looked up the mugcake threads yet?

What's a mugcake ? @@Stevehud I'm sorry I'm so new , I appreciate your help and time. I'm struggling with the shakes too.. My Nut says I can only have it mixed ONLY with Water ... I'm dying .. Help !!

I bought Isopure zero carb in the Cookies and Cream flavor.I also don't know what "mugcake" means. Thanks for helping us newbies!

@@Cassie111 PB2 is a powdered Peanut Butter without the fat and sugar. You can "reconstitute" it into Peanut Butter by mixing with oil or blend it into Protein drinks to add peanut-ness.

actually, thats not true BTW PB2 has fat and sugar maam. its a bit less than peanut butter regular but still contains both. Also you dont mix it with oil, you just mix it with a little Water.

Hi Fab! I don't want to seem stupid, but I'm new to this site and I have no idea what PB2 is. Can you help?

Thanks,

Cassie

>

What's a mugcake ? @@Stevehud I'm sorry I'm so new , I appreciate your help and time. I'm struggling with the shakes too.. My Nut says I can only have it mixed ONLY with Water ... I'm dying .. Help !!

I bought Isopure zero carb in the Cookies and Cream flavor.I also don't know what "mugcake" means. Thanks for helping us newbies!

Hello maam, here is the mugcake video for you. If your using Water as a base im not sure that would work for you at all. ive never tried it with water. I use the sugar free non dairy Creamer type stuff, also your Protein powder has to have some egg albumen in it. But many other use a little egg white mixed in to substitute. trust me these things helped me get to goal in a huge way. I atill eat them, at least 4 to 5 times a week and love them.

http://www.bariatricpal.com/videos/view-154-mugcake-recipe-video/

PB2 is powder Peanut Butter. Healthier than regular. I only add a little to my Protein powder when I use it I the blender. Just for flavor.

Hi Fab! I don't want to seem stupid, but I'm new to this site and I have no idea what pb2 is. Can you help?

Thanks,

Cassie

>

you can try adding sugar free syrups (like torani) or sugar free instant pudding powder (just a little) to help change up the flavor. if you can have caffeine (some plans are ok with it as long as you are drinking to plenty of Water, some plans have it as a no-no), you could try adding a little instant coffee powder if you like that flavor.

To get away from the idea of "shakes", you could mix some into some plain nonfat greek yogurt. Drop by spoonfuls onto wax paper or parchment and freeze for frozen Protein yogurt drops.

Or even try pouring a shake into popsicle molds and freezing and voila, Protein popsicle! Although I have seen where some people say they separate/settle as they freeze but other people don't seem to have this issue.

you can try adding sugar free syrups (like torani) or sugar free instant pudding powder (just a little) to help change up the flavor. if you can have caffeine (some plans are ok with it as long as you are drinking to plenty of Water, some plans have it as a no-no), you could try adding a little instant coffee powder if you like that flavor.

To get away from the idea of "shakes", you could mix some into some plain nonfat greek yogurt. Drop by spoonfuls onto wax paper or parchment and freeze for frozen Protein yogurt drops.

Or even try pouring a shake into popsicle molds and freezing and voila, Protein popsicle! Although I have seen where some people say they separate/settle as they freeze but other people don't seem to have this issue.

Great ideas!!

@@Cassie111 is there a reason why the doctor said only Water? you are post correct? if it's the calorie count the unsweetened almond milk has around 30 calories for 8oz. you could mix half water and half almond milk for less calories. I do that to make the shakes a little creamer. I personally do not like the Isopure brand.

Most of what has been said is pretty good, so I'll let them stand on their own. I do want to clue you in on a place that was a lifesaver for me. There is a business called The Vitamin Shoppe that when you buy the Protein powders, it is guaranteed you will like it. Doesn't matter the brand or if it was on sale/clearanced. You buy a big-assed tub of it and only make one shake and find you don't like it; take it back for a full in-store credit.

The one that I go to has a very knowledgeable staff. I told them I had the sleeve and needed to find a powder that didn't make me want to gag. I probably went through 4 different brands before finding Gold Standard. Now when I go, I buy whatever flavor sounds good to me without the worry if I don't like it I'll be stuck with it.