Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Damn Stomach! Leave ME! The last Hurdle...

Damn Stomach! Leave ME! The last Hurdle...

I am a man, work out with weights and aerobics 4 to 5 days a week, had sleeve, been about 8 months, down about 70lbs , almost at 200 lbs., 2 lbs shy....

Chest, shoulders, and arms are cut up. down from 4xl shirt to an XL... paints from 48 to 34...

Problem is my shirt size really should be and is a large but my stomach in it makes me feel fat because it is THERE... It makes me wear XL shirts which are huge around middle and makes it look like shirt is too big...

Weird to be feeling so thin and fit but that Damn Stomach is in the way!

Anyone got that problem? you can say work it out, I do, intensely but it is here mocking me... lol...

Food! I'm doing good, losing I feel pretty good...

Will it ever go, will I have to go into the 190's for it to hopefully go away...

I heard you can't direct where you want to lose, but this is errking me....

I feel you dude. I am in the exact same situation.... word for word.

It sucks. I can only hope I find a way to afford some Plastics. <_<

I am 3 years post-op RNY. I found that generally above my waist, I am pleased with my body shape. It is only below my belt, that seems a bit deformed. Since this area is normally covered with clothes, I don't consider it a big deal.

I went from a size 3XL in shirts down to a size small. I went form a size 46 in pants down to a size 32/33. I suspect that as you lose a little more weight, you may become a little happier and not need to consider plastics.

I am 3 years post-op RNY. I found that generally above my waist, I am pleased with my body shape. It is only below my belt, that seems a bit deformed. Since this area is normally covered with clothes, I don't consider it a big deal.

I went from a size 3XL in shirts down to a size small. I went form a size 46 in pants down to a size 32/33. I suspect that as you lose a little more weight, you may become a little happier and not need to consider plastics.

I think I will have that exact measurement when done. Never thought I would even get under an xl, but I have... never thought about a medium much less a small.

As far as being happy, no doubt, I am so pleased with progress, I am still in "HAPPY" shock!

Thanks for input!!!

Sent from my SM-N920P using the BariatricPal App

I feel you dude. I am in the exact same situation.... word for word.

It sucks. I can only hope I find a way to afford some Plastics. <_<

Yep.... who knows, maybe it will shrink with additional weight loss....

I'm in this boat with you guys. I work out a lot and with pretty high intensity. I am pretty solid everywhere. However, I feel like a shar-pei dog. My belly skin can be pulled out and tugged to the left or right and almost folded! Only thing I can do is shake my head at the fact. It's my own fault for getting as big as I did.

No amount of exercise will get rid of it nor make it taut again. It's not painful in and of itself, but it does get pinched sometimes and I am constantly getting ingrown hairs on my stomach and waist. Those are a real problem. Another problem is that the solid muscle underneath curves outward from belly hanging all those years. Same thing with my lower ribs, the push out from being in that place for so long. My surgeon said it's not an issue as far as health is concerned, only aesthetic.

I have hip bones and visible shoulders again, but need Spanx, eh compression shirts, to tuck in my sagging stomach and my inner thighs flap. Wouldn't change a thing, at least until I have a few weeks available to recover from plastic surgery

Ingrown hairs, check. droopy torso/stomach, check. tight elastic "suck-it-in-for-you" undershirt, check. I started at 515, sleeved, now 307 10 months out. I can wear a 2x in stretchy shirts; polo. T, sweats, and sweaters. A button front cotton shirt fits IF I AM STANDING UP. As soon as I sit, it pulls in the front. So those are 3x. Thanks belly. Same for pants, 48 pleated chinos or dress slacks, no prob...48 jeans, forget it!! I still have about 100 to loose, so my hope is it will change by the time I break into "wonderland", or at least just loose skin without a fat layer underneath. At the year mark I will have a talk with "plastics doc" about options and $$. Not there yet, but the work at the gym is paying off. There is solid muscle under that dirty layer of snow...just waiting for the spring thaw! Keep up your hard work.

Nice work with your weight loss.

Unfortunately that skin is like a balloon (once you blow it up, and release the air, it is now stretched out) except we did it with fat.

If it is really bothering you, maybe one day get plastic surgery, otherwise wear it like a battle scar to show your triumph over obesity.

Edited by 4MRB4PHOTO

Nice work with your weight loss.

Unfortunately that skin is like a balloon (once you blow it up, and release the air, it is now stretched out) except we did it with fat.

If it is really bothering you, maybe one day get plastic surgery, otherwise wear it like a battle scar to show your triumph over obesity.

With all the pluses, this is minor!