Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Proof I Did It!

Congrats! What a huge accomplishment. It was your "guide to running" post a couple weeks back that finally pushed me to start the Couch to 5k program. You're an inspiration!

@@JamieLogical

WOW!! Amazing. You are such an inspiration. WTG!! So excited for you. Thanks for all your running tips and hints. They have been an amazing help!

pam

Congrats and good luck on your next big event!

Sent from my SM-N920V using BariatricPal mobile app

@@JamieLogical

I am so incredibly proud of you!! Way to go Lady!

@JamieLogical I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!

Definitely an inspiration to all of us ... that it can be done ...

You look amazing ... you were made to run girl !!!!!!!

HIGH 5 !!

Congratulations, @@JamieLogical, that's just fantastic!!! You are an inspiration in both the weight loss and fitness sides of this new life we're all working toward! Amazing!!!

@@JamieLogical ... you rock. This is so, so impressive.

Congratulations on all your hard work to prepare for this and on your big accomplishment.

I'm so proud of you. :)

Way to go!!!

Oh my gosh that's great! Congratulations I find this to be very inspiring. This makes me want to start coming up with fitness goals for myself soon.

I finished my half marathon this morning! Not only did I survive, but I finished over a minute faster than I'd trained for. My goal was to finish in under three hours. My training pace would have me finishing in about 2:45, but I finished in 2:43:44, which is especially impressive when you factor in that it took me about three minutes just to get up to the start line once the horn blew, because it was so crammed with people and I didn't even have room to start running until I was a good 25 yards past the start line. So here's all the proof you've been waiting for:

attachicon.gifP1090938.JPG

Right before the start... it was only 35 degrees out, so I wore the jacket until the last possible second, then handed it off to my husband.

attachicon.gifP1090947.JPG

"Running" down the chute to the finish line. I was barely moving at this point....

attachicon.gifStill45.jpg

Almost there....

attachicon.gifStill241.jpg

I made it!!!

attachicon.gifP1090952.JPG

Happy, despite being near death. Showing off my metal and the flowers my sister-in-law brought me.

attachicon.gifP1090953.JPG

At lunch with my husband and some friends after I survived the race. Wearing my race shirt and showing off my metal again.

Here's a link to a little video of the start and finish:

http://www.bariatricpal.com/gallery/image/89502-half-marathon-video/

Outstanding Job, Congrads!

Oh my gosh that's great! Congratulations I find this to be very inspiring. This makes me want to start coming up with fitness goals for myself soon.

Fitness goals are a great way to stay motivated throughout the weight loss phase and in maintenance. For me, it's hard to just work out every day without a sense of purpose. Having a training program that I can stick to and feel like I'm actually making "progress" keeps me from getting bored or lazy.

The official race site posted photos today, so here are a couple more of me that the professional photographers took:

race 2211 photo 33829803

race 2211 photo 33816391

Yay. I started running in December and doing a half later this year. I am running a 10.2 mile race in June just to get my bearings in for the half. So awesome! Love seeing us bari-athletes!

Yahoo! Way to Go!