Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just finished my preop testing and now just waiting for tomorrow morning! I really should have taken the day off today!!!

@@tagyourit You probably should have lol You will not be able to concentrate on anything but tomorrow :)

Good luck tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

My surgery is June 17th for bypass. About to start my liver shrink diet (I was fortunate and my surgeon said I only need about 10 days of it, not 2-3 weeks). Super excited for this!

Got a call today from my surgeon's office...I've been bumped up from the 17th to the 16th....WOW, really getting real! Looks like it's clears tomorrow for me. So weird to go through everything we go through to get to this point and bam...it's here. Good luck to all!

My surgery is June 17th for bypass. About to start my liver shrink diet (I was fortunate and my surgeon said I only need about 10 days of it, not 2-3 weeks). Super excited for this!

Got a call today from my surgeon's office...I've been bumped up from the 17th to the 16th....WOW, really getting real! Looks like it's clears tomorrow for me. So weird to go through everything we go through to get to this point and bam...it's here. Good luck to all!

Good luck tomorrow!

Good luck tomorrow!

Thank you!

Sent from my SM-G928V using the BariatricPal App

I'm June 29th... Liver shrinking diet starts next Monday!

Don't fear the liver shrink! Lol....it's really not too terrible. The only rough day for me was day #2 (not sure why, I think my body just suddenly realized the food funerals I was having were no more!) other than that it was totally fine. Your appetite really does start to check itself at the door after that. And I survived being at a Mexican restaurant during that time, had some grilled salmon and asparagus and steamed veggies, and paid no attention to my family munching on tortilla chips, salsa and cheese dip, plus their meals! But use the "unlimited non starchy veggies" they allow cause it gets you through rough Patches and just makes any hunger go away. And the Protein really does an amazing job too of keeping hunger away. You'll do great!

Feeling good so far. I'll be 2 weeks post op on Wed. I'm waiting to get on the scale at my post op visit this Thursday but I can tell I'm losing!

Lemm61 you seem like an amazingly positive person, I know you'll completely own that scale! Good luck and thanks for your updates from the "other side" for those of us with dates coming up, much appreciated!

Good luck tomorrow!

Thank you!

I wish I was allowed those things... Only thing I'm allowed next week is eggs, cottage cheese, sugar free Jello and Popsicles, Protein Drinks with skim milk, Protein infused Soups with no chunks, apple sauce, carnation instant Breakfast, cream of wheat, sugar free pudding and reduced fat string cheese the of course Clear Liquids day before... I'm grateful for the diet and I'm sure it'll help with the cravings and appetite after, it's just drastic lol. I'm currently trying to ease into it daily

Two week Post op check went well. I'm cleared for the first phase of a soft diet. I've lost 9 lbs. I know my weight loss will be a little slower. I lost 34 pounds on the required supervised diet. My BMI/weight was fairly low at the time of surgery. I have 60 pounds to lose now to get the a normal BMI and 100 pounds total lost.

Edited by Lemm61

I had my surgery on the 13th and let me say it was life changing I'm home now and in some pain it's weird. but I'm glad to start my new my new me.

My wls office never really gave me a goal weight. I'm under 40 BMI too and after this pre op diet I have a feeling I'll be close to 30. I need to set a goal! Help!

They didn't give me a goal either. I looked up what my BMI should be for my height and I'm shooting for dead center in the middle of that BMI range. [emoji3]