Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where are you MS folks?

Hello everyone!

I had my first fill today and after about 2 weeks of no weight loss, I'm ready to get going again. I feel some pressure in my back but nothing else. Hope you guys are all doing great. If you are still waiting for that surgery day, don't get discouraged. It's sooo worth it. 30Lbs down in one month!

I am also from South MS. I have had a consult with Dr. Avara, but have decided to let Dr. Ortiz in Mexico do mine. The price is cut in half and I am a self pay.

mrsjiggles I would love to hear how your progress is?

I was self-pay as well but I really felt very comfortable with Dr. Avara. He performed a surgery on a family member of mine and a few friends so I just felt comfortable with him. I also considered going to Mexico but it was just easier to stay here. I'm a nursing student and traveling adds more stress than I can handle right now.

As for my progress, I am struggling a bit more that I thought I would be. My first fill was 3 ccs and I do have a bit of restriction, but not near enough. I have to kick the junk food habbits. Carbs and sweets are my worst enemy. I have taken up going to a 24/7 gym in Gautier MS a few times a week. I've only lost about 4 lbs since my first fill. It is discouraging at times but I just keep pushing harder in the gym until I can get that good restriction. I have a 2nd fill scheduled for March 14. I'm still proud of myself. I am doing much better with this than I have ever done with anything in the past. I really hope you are successful. If you ever have any questions or if there is anything I can do feel free to send me a private message. I'ld be happy to help.

Wow! You have lost 36 lbs..that is GREAT! My bestfriend goes to that same gym you are speaking of. We actually live just North of Pascagoula.

Wow! You have lost 36 lbs..that is GREAT! My bestfriend goes to that same gym you are speaking of. We actually live just North of Pascagoula.

You are really close to me. I live in Pascagoula. I go to nursing school at JC so the gym is usually my next stop after class. It's been really busy there latley though so I'm thinking I may have to start going later in the day. It helps when you have friends that go with you.

Hi, I was banded on Jan 30, 2007 and I have no restriction. I'm scheduled to have a fill on March 13, 2008

i'm from mississippi also. i have my first dr appointment in 3 days, mar 6. i have read a lot of negative comments on this board and i am starting to reconsider what i should do. it doesn't help that i am phobic about being cut. :thumbup:

I agree about the negative comments. I actually had to quit reading most of the threads here because of it. You can't judge how successful you will be by others. That is what I keep telling myself. Hang in there!

i hear you. the opportunity to rid myself of diabetes is my motivation. :shades_smile:

Hello all!

I am from Oxford, MS. I was banded on 3/6/08. I am very frustrated with the liquid diet, but I am trying to think about the positive outcomes that will soon come. Have anyone had a hard time sleeping? My side is killing me at night. It seems to be getting a little better nightly though. My fear right now is my hair and I know that is not at all important, but it is too me. Called the nurse this moring and she said I could resume the Slim-Fast Optima. It makes me so full and miserable. I was recommended by another person at a seminar to try something called ungry Protein powder. Has any of you heard of this or know where it can be purchased? I have googled with no success.

Dr. Walker Byars

He Baaack,

Sorry I have not been on lately, but when your waiting for Medicares "Seal of Excellents" to start not much happens.

I'm sill going to the CMMC support group meeting. Learn something new each time.

I'm not suppose to say when the "Seal of Excellents" OK will happen because no one knows until it really happens, but lets just say that something major might happen in June, 2008. That's all I know at the moment about that.

There is a waiting list of people waiting for the "Seal of Excellents" to take effect, but because I'm a regular at the support group meetings the Head of the Gastric Surgrey area said he would make sure I would be one of the FIRST to be called. That was encouraging.

As for the weather here in the Jachson, MS area it has been a little chilly lately, down in the 50's & 60's the last couple days. Today at 3:00PM CDST it's about 77* right now & looks like it might stay that way for a few more days.

Several weeks ago we had a little snow and my GrandDaughter came over and made a good looking snowman.

That's it for now, I try to post a little more often. Not much of a poster, but I try.

Don