Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

[Ladies Only] Biotin and Leg Hair?

I'm about a month into my somewhat expected hair loss stage. I think it's slowing. I've been taking Biotin and getting Protein, so have hopes that regrowth will be starting soon. However, I've noticed that my leg hair (and - ahem - other hair) seems to be growing awfully fast these days. While I long for the days of seeing new happy follicles appear on top, my legs seem to have no problem growing luxuriously long and thick locks. The kind that dull even the sharpest of 5-razored implements after only one use.

I'm definitely going to be investing in laser hair removal soon, but wanted to see if this is normal? Or is it all in my head? Do I have leg hair dysmorphia?!

Second thought is to chase that dream of messing with cryptozoologists by running around forests and letting people take bad photos of me.

Second thought is to chase that dream of messing with cryptozoologists by running around forests and letting people take bad photos of me.

If you go this route, be sure to let me know! I'd love to cash in on some of those photos!

I was just thinking this same thought last night!!!

When I was taking Biotin every hair I had grew crazy wild... EXCEPT the hair on my head. It did nothing for me so I quit taking it. The razor industry couldn't keep up.

Very mysterious, @@anwen_ut, that you don't indicate your gender. You don't have to, of course. In any case, I'll be surprised if Biotin promotes hair growth regardless of the recommendations. If it truly does, it would just be the Universe on a lark to direct the substance to our legs, crotches and other places away from the top of the head. I've been taking Biotin some quite a while and believe it merely contributes to my expensive urine.

If you go this route, be sure to let me know! I'd love to cash in on some of those photos!

Total deal! It's my million dollar idea for sure this time!

I was just thinking this same thought last night!!!

So glad I'm not alone in this!

When I was taking Biotin every hair I had grew crazy wild... EXCEPT the hair on my head. It did nothing for me so I quit taking it. The razor industry couldn't keep up.

My poor, poor razors. I weep for them. I also weep for my wallet when I have to replace them at the rate I currently am. Maybe the razor industry is behind this after all?! <put on tinfoil hat>

Very mysterious, @@anwen_ut, that you don't indicate your gender. You don't have to, of course. In any case, I'll be surprised if Biotin promotes Hair growth regardless of the recommendations. If it truly does, it would just be the Universe on a lark to direct the substance to our legs, crotches and other places away from the top of the head. I've been taking biotin some quite a while and believe it merely contributes to my expensive urine.

Did not mean to be mysterious! I didn't realize my gender is not in my profile. Only posting to this section because I am indeed a female. ;)

@@anwen_ut, that was my first guess, of course, but I just had to play with your screen name.

[m]an w[om]en_ut[erus]

Hey, I have to entertain myself.

Regards,

The new Nancy Drew

P.S. Your weight-loss slide is wonderful. Congratulations.

@@anwen_ut, that was my first guess, of course, but I just had to play with your screen name.

[m]an w[om]en_ut[erus]

Hey, I have to entertain myself.

Regards,

The new Nancy Drew

P.S. Your weight-loss slide is wonderful. Congratulations.

Oh man, were I that cool to have that much of a back story on my name. Alas, it is just a Welsh name based on my time living there. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anwen. Oh, and also the fact that I currently live in the state of Utah. ;)

But now I feel like I am a slacker for not having something with hidden meanings and sooper secret codes!

@@anwen_ut, I see -- Anwen as in Bronwen and the other "-wens." I knew that your "ut" had to "Utah."

By the way, my screen name wasn't chosen and is fun in no way. The BP system assigned it when I joined, as it's connected to the email address I registered with. I was going to change it way back, but had already become acquainted with some members, so why confuse the issue?

When

When I was taking Biotin during that stage nothing seemed to grow. Since it was winter I didn't really need to shave my legs daily, so perhaps I just didn't notice it.